Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Favorite Grounding Techniques
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  11:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering what people's favorite grounding techniques were? Might provide some additional ideas for people dealing with self-pacing issues.

Mine are (i) rolling around on the floor and play with my kids, (ii) exercise (lifting weights, pull-ups, push-ups, aerobic activity), (iii) anything outdoors. I'm going to try Tai Chi sometime this weekend...My body tends to naturally crave heavy foods as well...like that stack of pancakes I had for breakfast this morning

What are yours? Care to share?

Much Love

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  11:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't really have a grounding technique, I don't ground a lot, just exercise sometimes, these days I rest a lot. Oh and I used to lay on the grass and rest under a tree quite a lot, under the sun, that's very nice.

I have an exercise which can ground which someone showed me, it has immediate grounding effect, I don't know if it carries over for the time after you do it, but its effective to feel grounded in the now. You sit on a chair, with your feet on the floor, and you direct your attention to the sensations of your bottom touching the chair, and your feet touching the floor, it grounds.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  11:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Talking about grounding..
this is an interesting link
that gives some good ideas..

http://www.abundancetapestry.com/ho...f-in-7-ways/
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  1:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Walking across the beach without shoes.Also when i do this i walk across the shore of the sea,water level in the shins.The cold of water,massage of water while walking and salt effect (it releases negativity a lot) is wonderful.Is very important to let our feet free from time to time.

I find wonderful to put my hands in the surface of the beach or grass for a few minutes.Palms open,eyes closed and visualize the luminous hearth of mother earth absorving the negativity from my arms.

Also some jogging,theater classes,having fun with friends (laughing is VERY grounding) and doing my current job.

...and..asanas!,of course

Edited by - miguel on Jan 23 2010 1:54:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  3:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are some more listed here:
What is your favorite grounding exercise?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  6:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Personally, I like to blast some Slayer and clean my room

Walking outdoors is nice. Hiking in the woods and mountains is even better.

My diet is heavy to begin with.

Love
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  06:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by christiane

Talking about grounding..
this is an interesting link
that gives some good ideas..

http://www.abundancetapestry.com/ho...f-in-7-ways/

Thanks for this Christiane, some good stuff in there!!

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  05:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you guys come up with this topic just for me?
Thank you so much for all the tips ! I'm so in need of them.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  8:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dance and gymnastics based workout - breathe hard, sweat, and have fun at the same time! The beat of the music makes you forget you are working hard.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  10:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gardening, even if it's just watering a houseplant ;)

Swimming...*way* beyond exercise, it's a spiritual/grounding must-have... :)

And of course, walking (especially barefoot :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000