Yoga and Relationships
 Mutual Dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  9:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste All

Just wondering if anyone out there has had a "mutual dream" experience (other then the person I had a mutual dream with last night...... obviously).

Love.

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  11:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Carson

I take it you're not talking about this mutual dream we call "reality"

When I was a kid, I had a series of scary dreams that my brother shared with me. It was an ongoing dream about being trapped in a haunted house and being accosted by this Beetlejuice-looking phantom guy. As far as I know, those are the only mutual dreams I've had.

Besides this mutual dream we call "reality", that is

There's a website I've been aware of for people who consciously try to have mutual lucid dreams. Don't know how successful they've been. It might be of interest:

http://www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk/

Care to share about the one you had?

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  11:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Cosmic I'll definitely check out the website you posted...although the dream I had last night was not lucid....I stopped having lucid dreams after "The Shaktipat Dream" I had in November....non-lucid dreams every night ever since....(check out my "Dreams" topic if you haven't already)

"Care to share about the one you had?"

Ummmmm...probably shouldn't (it was a confirmed "mutual dream" though)

Love.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  11:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This isn't a mutual dream. But last night I dreamed that you Carson, and Etherfish collaborated, authoring a book together--- I saw it as a woman held it reading, did a double-take after seeing your names and started talking to the woman...beautiful uplifting book.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  03:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not dreams, but visions. It's perfectly possible for a group of people to join the same visions. One was really cool - it was a long 3D, crystal clear vision of a previous life. Laying on a bed beside my ex, we both started seeing it, it's just that I was up in a tower with my "camera angle" and he was standing in front of the tower, so we could report on different things at the same time. I had an experience of being pushed out from the tower - the female supervisor of the monastery killed me because I had found out about kundalini (and some other reasons). My ex saw the body falling down the tower and landing in front of him... A mighty beautiful story and experience.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  07:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting thread, Carson

Now i just remembered that, about 3 years ago,
i had a dream about my partner's father and himself.
His father I have never met or seen on any picture,
yet in the dream, i had a clear physical vision of him.
Won't go into the details..
but the following day, my partner told me about the dream he had
the same night and it was about....his father!
We were both shocked, especially that there were common details..
for example, about the work his father was invloved in.. it was the similar work i perceived in the dream.. + other details..
Again, i have no info about his father..
It was a moment in my life where i was starting to experience 'beyond the body' perceptions.. especially during sleep and kundalini was starting to work inside.
And those days, it seems the energy is quite active and flashing in the ajna.. feels like some blockages are being released..
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  12:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Everyone

@NagoyaSea.....does it seem weird to you to dream about people (or even just the names of people) you have only ever interacted with on the Internet? This is basically how my mutual dream the other night was....it was a mutual dream between myself and someone I have only ever had Internet interactions with....but I could tell you intimate details about them, their surroundings etc, due to this dream, and I'm pretty sure they would all be dead on accurate.....it was a very vivid dream.

@emc.....I have had mutual visions before as well, but only during an ayahausca ceremony. We were all in the same area at the time as well.....The mutual dream I had the other night was a "long distance" mutual dream

So do you all think this has something to do with kundalini activation? Shanti in my "dreams" thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6871 mentioned that she was having similar dreams to what I have been going through the past few months, after receiving shaktipat from Paramahansa Nithyananda....and my dreams all started after receiving shaktipat in a dream also. Christiane, you mentioned having a mutual dream with your partner when you were beginning to feel "beyond the body perceptions" and when the kundalini was starting to work inside. So, is this a "normal" part of kundalini activation? Mutual dreams, really vivid epic dreams, prophetic dreams, etc etc....?

Love.
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  2:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it's the trippiest thing ever. Especially when it's about the same little girl getting kidnapped and taken to Mexico.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  4:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes CarsonZi, this was a first to dream of someone I didn't know (about you two writing that book). And I did think it was strange.

It's common enough to dream of people I do know--family, friends, workmates, sometimes with recurring scenarios.

In the same dream about you and EtherFish and the book, I somehow 'knew' that a certain friend of mine would pass away before the end of November this year. Am hoping that was just random neurons firing. I did dream once before that a man I loved would die soon and unfortunately he did.

EMC that is interesting about the shared vision. Years ago I had a shared vision with a friend. We were just sitting in my living room, drinking herb tea and both heard what seemed to be a thundrous roaring growing louder and louder. I felt a strong vibration around us. It was as if we could see another dimension--current--not a past life. It was 'us' but we both looked different. My blond friend was tanned with very dark hair and he had a beard. My pale skin, green eyes and auburn hair were now dark. There was bustling life around us--not my quiet living room.

The vision only lasted a few moments. We looked at each other, mute, wide eyed and after a moment shared what each of us saw and heard. It was as if we both existed in more than one life at the same time. And he and I knew each other in both dimensions. I was young when this happened and refused to be alone with Bob again--would only spend time with him when others were around.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  4:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hey Etherfish.....wanna write a book with me

Love.

P.S. Kathy, hope your it is just neurons firing and that your friend is living in the flesh for decades to come. Nothing you can do about it if it does happen though. Perhaps it would be a good time to share Deep Meditation with said friend if they aren't already involved in a meditation practice? Just a thought. _/\_
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  7:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson. That was a good thought. She is a gentle and kind soul -- she meditates and chants already...
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  03:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@NagoyasSea - Cool vision!

I don't see such a great difference between having visions and having dreams. We are able to move with consiousness to different frequencies - it's all about frequencies - and when we learn to tune in on stuff we are free to move as we want. Some people are skilled dreamwalkers and can do a lot of job in people's dreams for example (I have had two experiences of someone visiting during conscious dreams). It's a shamanic practice.

If we are linked to another being we tune in more easily. We can think of the same things simultaneously, have mutual visions or have mutual dreams. The dream state is just another frequency where we can meet. I'm starting to have more and more experiences of being able to tune in on people's minds in waking state. I say what they are going to say before they say it, and they are shocked.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  10:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I don't see such a great difference between having visions and having dreams.

I will agree with emc on this... and add... visions, dreaming and bringing up thoughts from the past (memories) all work from the same place... the dream state.

You have experienced time, space and distance being only in the mind during meditation or during one of your trips. This is the same thing. As you meditate and your mind dissolves, the boundaries of time, space, distance falls away... there is not a place where you are not and no thing you are not.

Your mind is dissolving more and more, so although during the waking hours your attention is still externalized, when you sleep the mind is relaxed and time and space and distance dissolves.
quote:

Carson said:
So do you all think this has something to do with kundalini activation? Shanti in my "dreams" thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6871 mentioned that she was having similar dreams to what I have been going through the past few months, after receiving shaktipat from Paramahansa Nithyananda....and my dreams all started after receiving shaktipat in a dream also.

The day you stopped finding entertainment in living with the past, you let them go and got free of them, similarly, the day you stop finding your dreams (which comes from the same place as memories) entertaining, the dreams will stop too. Then the dreams will be tools to let you know what you need to know without it becoming entertainment.

Did the shaktipath trigger these dreams... maybe, it did for me too I think... but the reason they are sticking around is because you are entertained by them... when you get tired of them and wake up and say.. just another dream.. and forget about it... the dreams will go away... and will be replaced by an inner knowing (something the mind will never get) of what the dream was about. They did for me.

The physical form of the dream is not important, it is the subtle knowing that we get from them that are important... and as with any of the inner knowing, it is beyond the mind... if the mind thinks it has "got it", well then that is not it.

The inner knowing is muffled when the focus is on the outside. Like when we try to figure out why something happened the way it did in the past... as long as we tried to figure it out with our minds we stayed caught up in that memory (the mind found entertainment in that memory), the more we tried to figure it out... the more we remained caught up in the mind story... but when we finally let it go, there was an inner knowing, an inner peace that came with it. Like that, the more energy we give to the dreams, the more we write them down and think about them... the more we are focusing on the form of the dream, but when we let go... we will get what we need to get from the dreams on an inner level... inner knowing.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  11:07:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti is right dreams serve a purpose on a deeper level. Just let them go attempting to analyse them is counter productive
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  11:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti, Richard, emc, Christiane, NagoyaSea, adamant and All
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

quote:
Originally posted by emc

I don't see such a great difference between having visions and having dreams.

I will agree with emc on this... and add... visions, dreaming and bringing up thoughts from the past (memories) all work from the same place... the dream state.

Of course....although sometimes they are (mostly in the form of dreams and visions, not always so much with thoughts of the past) spontaneous and not consciously created....sometimes they just happen with no known "cause".....if that makes any sense. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is no one here "trying" to have visions, or dreams or bringing up thoughts of the past...it just happens sometimes.

quote:

You have experienced time, space and distance being only in the mind during meditation or during one of your trips. This is the same thing. As you meditate and your mind dissolves, the boundaries of time, space, distance falls away... there is not a place where you are not and no thing you are not.

Indeed...very true.

quote:

Your mind is dissolving more and more, so although during the waking hours your attention is still externalized, when you sleep the mind is relaxed and time and space and distance dissolves.

Yes, this certainly seems to be the case. Why would two certain people (as opposed to two other people) have a "mutual dream" connection though? (I know it doesn't matter )

quote:

quote:
Carson said:
So do you all think this has something to do with kundalini activation? Shanti in my "dreams" thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6871 mentioned that she was having similar dreams to what I have been going through the past few months, after receiving shaktipat from Paramahansa Nithyananda....and my dreams all started after receiving shaktipat in a dream also.

The day you stopped finding entertainment in living with the past, you let them go and got free of them, similarly, the day you stop finding your dreams (which comes from the same place as memories) entertaining, the dreams will stop too. Then the dreams will be tools to let you know what you need to know without it becoming entertainment.

Hmmmm.... a few questions here....
1. How do you/we know that dreams come from the same place as memories? Could they not come from the same place as this current moment?
2. Is it really "wrong" (maybe read "inadvisable") to enjoy your dreams? I enjoy pretty much everything....even the garbage I often have to put up with on a moment to moment basis....why would enjoying my/our dreams be any different? (as long as I am not holding onto that enjoyment/trying to recreate moments that have past)

quote:

Did the shaktipath trigger these dreams... maybe, it did for me too I think... but the reason they are sticking around is because you are entertained by them... when you get tired of them and wake up and say.. just another dream.. and forget about it... the dreams will go away... and will be replaced by an inner knowing (something the mind will never get) of what the dream was about. They did for me.

Honestly, I am not trying to "get" my dreams (although I certainly DO find them entertaining....same way I find watching a good movie entertaining). I have not been searching for any "meaning", and the only reason I started this thread was to inquire as to whether others had experienced "mutual dreaming" before or not (as this was my first time other then having mutual visions on an ayahausca adventure). Not that it mattered (whether others had experienced this or not), it was just innocent curiosity. (you don't have to believe this obviously, but for me this is true)

quote:

The physical form of the dream is not important, it is the subtle knowing that we get from them that are important... and as with any of the inner knowing, it is beyond the mind... if the mind thinks it has "got it", well then that is not it.

Hahaha...yes of course....no one here to "get" anything

quote:

The inner knowing is muffled when the focus is on the outside. Like when we try to figure out why something happened the way it did in the past... as long as we tried to figure it out with our minds we stayed caught up in that memory (the mind found entertainment in that memory), the more we tried to figure it out... the more we remained caught up in the mind story... but when we finally let it go, there was an inner knowing, an inner peace that came with it. Like that, the more energy we give to the dreams, the more we write them down and think about them... the more we are focusing on the form of the dream, but when we let go... we will get what we need to get from the dreams on an inner level... inner knowing.

Only one comment, as I basically agree 110%.

"the more energy we give to the dreams, the more we write them down and think about them... the more we are focusing on the form "

What if writing them down is our way of "letting go"?

Love.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 25 2010 11:52:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  1:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've never experienced much in the way of mutual dreams before, but I have had mutual experiences having to do with DMT.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000