Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Strange things during meditation.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  01:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I sit up during meditation with my legs stretched out (can't do the cross legged thing as it plays merry hell with my veins).

I drifted off somewhere for a while and suddenly felt like I had been walking along, slipped on some ice and landed in the same position as I was sitting.

It felt really strange as though I was slipping back into my body from somewhere else. Gave me a real shock as both parts synchronised together with a sort of thump. Eyes open and heart beating faster.

Out of body experience, or something similar or just more (and unexpected) scenery ??

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  1:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had similar experiences and think of it as one of the many strange things that is happening. I.e. experience, scenery. Doesn't feel bad, just very weird. I remember feeling this way also several times in the past when I am falling asleep, not quite asleep yet, and something wakes me up from that "between worlds" place.

Best wishes on the journey
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  2:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've experienced this before also. It seems to be the preliminary stages of an OBE, however we can still safely regard that as being scenery. At least, within the context of deep meditation.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  2:15:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
we can still safely regard that as being scenery. At least, within the context of deep meditation.

Yes when this sort of thing happens we just gently return to the mantra at whatever stage we left it.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  3:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.

I did just carry on after the event.

The feeling of suddenly stopping, like missing a step on a staircase I have had plenty of times when sleeping. This did give the same feeling as that, but only once I had fully fitted back into my body. The action of sliding back in (if that's what it was), was very precise, like a well oiled machine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000