Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Turmeric as Nadi Cleanser?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2006 :  1:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A few nights ago, while lying in bed, I had second experience.

As I was getting sleepy, I felt a sensation. It felt somewhat like when you have a cold, and you momentarily feel cold from the inside - the "chills"?. However this sensation was much subtler and constant as opposed to coming and going briefly.

After a few minutes of this sensation, I felt a surge of joy building up. I must have looked like a fool, but I couldn't help it - I was lying in bed, in the dark, smiling from ear to ear! It came in waves.

During the most intense waves, there was what seemed like "jolts" of electricity in my forehead. It's stranges, because I could "see" the jolts, but not with my eyes. It came from within the skull, from a place there is no way my eyes could see physically.

A similar sensation was with me shortly after waking the next morning, though subtle and not for as long. I tried to see if I had done anything particularly different the evening before. I hadn't added anything to my practice. The only thing I noticed was that some hours before bed, I had taken some turmeric in milk. I looked up turmeric in "The Yoga of Herbs" which states that, turmeric purifies the chakras and clears the channels of the nadis.

I've continued taking turmeric in milk and a few times a day, when my attention is not involved in doing any work, I feel the subtle "chills" which build up into joy and smiling uncontrollably. It's a strange and, wonderful and insteresting feeling all at the same time. Difficult to put into words.

I was wondering if any out there would experiment taking some turmeric in milk(I am taking 1/2 tsp to 1 cup milk) to see if you find it has any effect on your practice. Morning before breafast or evening a few hours before bed. Don't expect anything of it. Take it and forget about it and continue your day/practice as it were before. This is an experiment.

I'm wondering if in fact this is what turmeric does, assist in clearing blockages and purifying the nervous system to enhance the flow of energy within the energetic channels.

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  10:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would be interested to know about this, too. I take turmeric daily now for something like 2 years, which is coincidentally around the time I started having spontaneous visionary experiences, lucid dreams, astral projections, etc. Seems like there could be some kind of neurobiological aspect that turmeric helps indeed, which in turn could help in activation and or cleansing of nadis. Not that it would be a substitute for practices of course, yet still interesting nonetheless.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  11:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it's used in ayurveda medicines along with milk for cold and cough and it clears the nadis. And I am glad to hear it's subtle benefits.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  06:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Turmeric is also known for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  07:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ycloutier2000

Don't expect anything of it. Take it and forget about it and continue your day/practice as it were before. This is an experiment.

Hi,
I took curcuma/turmeric with milk before bed-time for months last year. I took it on advice of an Ayurvedic together with food advice and herbs. I took it for its anti-inflammatory benefits. All together I felt the benefits, but more as cooling down, from all the scenery and sensations. The energy more stabilized and peaceful.
At this moment I use nothing special, but as an experiment I will take the turmeric again for some time and will let you know if I notice the difference.

edit spelling

Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 26 2015 09:14:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2015 :  12:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy and Charliedog, I also started taking it daily for its anti-inflammatory benefits. I have a powder mix I drink daily that I call sludge because it is just all kinds of powdered herbs adn grasses and teas that I mixed together because of their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000