New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  4:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind words Akasha, Anthem and Sparkle!

@Akasha...

Thanks for sharing so much Brother! Unfortunately it is going to be another couple of days (hopefully not too much longer) before I get my new computer and can watch youtube videos.....when I get it I will make sure I check out the link you posted, sounds pretty interesting!

I am finding that I am learning to drop the thought that "I am an ex-junky" easier and esaier these days. It's not even that I really thought of myself that way, it was more that when asked to describe "Who are You" to people who may not understand that "there is no 'me'", it is just easier to talk about my experiences in life then to try and describe "Unbound Awareness" to people who see life from a very "Dual" perspective. And it could potentially turn people away who see it as a "this guy talks so wierd, I don't like him/am never stepping foot in HIS yoga class!".
I have changed my About page somewhat, keeping the old story in it, but putting some more "less addiction oriented" info in front of it. Hopefully it won't turn so many people away the way it is now.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the kudos, and thanks Akasha for sharing the video and more of your history.....I look forward to watching it on my new computer! Hopefully it arrives soon.

Love,
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  7:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, addiction is a problem you encountered. But who you are is more what you have studied, what you have been interested in for years, what work you do everyday, people you have benefitted, what you enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  05:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hoping all the best in that amazing road that you are carson.
You know you have my best wishes.
take care and enjoy

Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  08:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

I was where you are/were 3-4 years ago.The difference between then and now though is I now have a lot more tools and experience.

Nov 25,06- that's when i ran into problems, 11 months after begginining a yoga practice(jan,06- i had just moved into a new flat too above a a rowdy pub in a kind of deprived area of the city), hatha yoga mainly using bandhas and breath.

It's been a journey on how to recover from that premature kundalini awakening ever since.At least i did'nt know what it was then.Now having read Yogani's lessons it all made sense from that perspective.

There was no stopping me then wheni had worked out what i had discovered.(i.e the joy of yoga). I just had to take it all the way(yes probably an ego thing-we've all got one!!) and tried to progress way too quickly.I thought yoga could only do good,no harm. No idea about self-pacing, of courrse. Really i tried to do it in 11months,( just after quitting a methadone script was when i started- as chance(?) would have it) then the final month things intensified once the automatic yoga started kicking in and then 4 days ensued there followed a rebound. I read somewhere just last week someone caling it Kundalini returning back to the root.This is why one needs the stabilisation over the long-term for changes in your nervous system to be permamnent. Mine was left disoriented and with my histroy of drug addiction , i was probably the classic casualty with just the perfect conditions.. Hence the story drugs and the inappropriate yoga ( for that individual) leads/cn lead to psychosis.

Anyway it is good to see another with a similar background.Our experiences throughout life,the total sum of them,do tend to shape who we are as people definitely in the long run.And yes i think i too have dropped the label referred here as well a few years ago, like a snake's skin- all part of the "I construct dissolving , so we are told.

All the Best,anyways, on your chosen Path.....

Edited by - Akasha on Jan 30 2010 08:41:49 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000