New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  11:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

quote:
Originally posted by adamantclearlight

It is like the sky, radiant, sparkly and vast. It is not awareness or nowness or samadhi or thoughtlessness or anything else.

Hi Adamant,

Ultimately this is true (what you wrote, above).

However, I've used each of those terms above, as an indicator to/from clear light .... and not incorrectly.

The apparent paradox (how can both your use, and mine, be correct?) is fairly easy to resolve:

If any of those terms (awareness, nowness, samadhi, etc.) are:

A. Objects in awareness (concepts held in mind)

Or

B. Limited in any way

.... they're not the clear light that you're referring to/from .... or the clear light I'm referring to/from .... including when I did/do so using some of those terms.

Both can be correct ways of expressing, though ultimately yours is more, well, clear.

Clear light is what we are; what all this is.

Writing To Everyone Now ......

Bottom Line:

Clear Light is subjective/self experiencing; it is the true, original self .... the experiencER if you will; the subject who can never be an object .... the formless infinite field that *is* the awareness ... that you can't step farther "back" than ... because it *is* the experiencing ..... "I am what is happening right now."

The emptiness containing the form, the diverse forms of the emptiness; feeling-being the ocean/waves from the inside, yet beyond - containing all, being all.

Yet, more normal-than-normal, as well.

There is not anything that is not it.

Knowing, not-knowing; all it.

It's immersion; not trying to understand from the outside (unenlightenment) ... not transcending the immanent (only), not the here-and-now manifestation, only.

Both - the Adamant and the Clear Light.

(Good user name, Adamant) .....

Yet One - the Adamant Clear Light - the Shakti and the Shiva.

All of it.

All of this.

All of us.

Not what we think we are.

What's really here; underneath the thinking; underneath the "form only"; all the way underneath .... including all of this .... arising.

It's the feeling of being in it ... all the way in it; as all of it; immersed, pervasive; utterly free, living, unbound ....... so free, it doesn't even need to be maintained .... attention flows; one moment all of it; the next moment ... a guy writing a post).

And it's all right here.

It was just hiding underneath all those crazy concepts.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Hi Kirtanman, Much respect. I don't disagree with you. But... Cutting off all elaborations being utmost importance. The nature of mind is the Adamant Clear Light, as in light... that's clear... and the mind... the hardest most concrete reality is.

Relax with no focus (especially don't hope) and see it... boom bap bam... concepts, percepts evaporate.

The realizations just happen...

Adamant

Edited by - adamantclearlight on Dec 02 2009 11:25:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  11:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman :)

quote:
I don't feel that Adyashanti's teachings are unclear; in fact, Yogani recommends The End Of Your World by Adyashanti,
here.

You make it seem that Yogani is wholeheartedly embracing Adyashanti's book when he in fact he recommended that book to emc, specifically one chapter, about the yoyo effect.

I don't see this as any kind of endorsement of Adyashanti's teachings, especially when Adya states that "after a while practices don't work anymore". A major component of AYP is practices.

I noticed you didn't comment about that.

On another note, if, as you stated, Adya gave shaktipat to someone and this caused them to be committed to a mental asylum, what does that tell you?
It tells me that Adya didn't know what he was doing, and that there was also no divine presence to protect the victim, nor was there divine presence protecting Adya. Further, if he was enlightened, he should have been able to see it coming. That alone is enough to make anyone seek a different 'teacher'.

Here is more on the subject of kundalini and protection:
from this link: http://www.edgarcayce.org/ps2/kunda...n_Auken.html
quote:

If there has been set the mark (mark meaning here the image that is raised by the individual in its imaginative and impulse force) such that it takes the form of the ideal the individual is holding as its standard to be raised to, ...then the individual (or the image) bears the mark of the Lamb, or the Christ, or the Holy One, or the Son, or any of the names we may have given to that which enables the individual to enter THROUGH IT into the very presence of that which is the creative force from within itself -- see?...

Raising then in the inner self that image of the Christ, love of God-Consciousness, is making the body so cleansed as to be barred against all powers that would in any manner hinder.

Notice how “Christ” is given as equivalent to the “love of God-Consciousness.” Seekers from any religion may have love of God-Consciousness. Christ in this perspective is more universal than the religion that possesses that name. Notice also how “love of God-Consciousness” cleanses us of self-interests that may hinder or harm us.

So if his actions are detrimental, why should his words be any different?

:)
TI

Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2009 :  11:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I put an emphasis on no elaborations, because my transmission from Vajrasattva was based on my ardent, powerful request for the simplest shortest short cut to buddhahood in very short while, like less than a few years, or like right now. My alternative was wait for three year retreat after I retire from my profession. Not gonna work. Solution. Need one. Now...

I was shown something but the clear indication was don't go blabbing on about this; blabbing on is the opposite of what I was about to be shown. Bam. I was shown it. Nonmeditation based on correct vision of the Clear Light, a 24/7 vision maintained doing whatever everyday stuff is going on. The Clear Light vision fades when one thinks too much and gets attached and focuses. One must, as much as possible super-relax into super-no-focus so that the Clear Light is clearly seen and the blissful evaporation of thoughts and objects rolls on a steady course. That way, it becomes so second nature that the Clear Light awareness invades the sleep until it evaporates dreams. Finally, buddhahood.

This is serious s*!&. And now I have to stop talking about it.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  09:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman,

quote:
Christi:

While I agree in part with some of your comments (vis a vis relational vs. non-relational inquiry), I don't feel that Adyashanti's teachings are unclear; in fact, Yogani recommends The End Of Your World by Adyashanti,
here.

However, I do know and agree that readiness affects understanding ... yet in this case, it seems that TI's detailed response emanated primarily from feeling that "oneness" is not a useful term for confict-free experience ... and that's fine, if he feels that way.

As I understand it, that's what non-relational self-inquiry is. When the mind tries to understand the words that are being used in the inquiry, and then it is too confusing because it can't be understood on the level of the mind, and then there is a whole process of spin-off ideas which ultimately result in the idea that the teacher must be a waste of time, and just saying anything that dribbles into his mouth... etc?

No?

What would non-relational self-inquiry be if it wasn't that?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  09:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Adya is no different than many people who have realized the nature of the mind. He has no psychic powers. Psychic powers come from working directly with the chakras (which are real by the way...where do you think you feel your emotions?).

The truth can be written in one sentence, but he has to write whole books to make money.

The truth is to nonconceptually distinguish between clear/vivid awareness of the NOW and the thoughtstream. See that doesn't fill a book does it?

And although there are no stages in this process (because time literally does not exist as anything else besides a mental concept), people will write whole books on stages just to make a buck.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Dec 03 2009 10:03:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alwayson,

quote:
Adya is no different than many people who have realized the nature of the mind. He has no psychic powers. Psychic powers come from working directly with the chakras.

He did say once that sometimes when he is parking his car in a car park, he uses his powers to manifest a good spot where he doesn't have to walk too far after parking.

He said it usually works.

Not bad eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGKWnv2mDbU

p.s.

I don't think Adyashanti does write books (although I may be wrong). I think he just talks spontaneously on the nature of truth (satsang). Then someone tape-records the talks, types them out later on a computer and compiles them into book format to be shared with humanity as an act of compassion. That's the usual way with Dharma talks.

Edited by - Christi on Dec 03 2009 10:10:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah it is always a good idea to throw in some stuff from the Secret when in doubt.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Dec 03 2009 10:22:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

The truth can be written in one sentence, but he has to write whole books to make money.

The truth is to nonconceptually distinguish between clear/vivid awareness of the NOW and the thoughtstream. See that doesn't fill a book does it?

nonfocus
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alwayson,

quote:
Yeah it is always a good idea to throw in some stuff from the Secret when in doubt.

No doubts here... just clear light.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  3:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Here is an interesting talk by HamsaYogi on the relationship between siddhis and enlightenmnet as he sees it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJUqr6lL1JY

Christi
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  3:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
TI, Important note on the nimitta. Just as one is totally non-focused, completely relaxed and immobile physically, the lights appear. The moment one focuses on them they disappear. By simply gazing relaxed into them without focus, the innate wisdom of one's own mind is revealed.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  6:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I get it

I just saw your website.

How much are you paying for it per month?

We look alike, except you got a little bit of grey going.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Dec 03 2009 6:34:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  9:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

TI, Important note on the nimitta. Just as one is totally non-focused, completely relaxed and immobile physically, the lights appear. The moment one focuses on them they disappear. By simply gazing relaxed into them without focus, the innate wisdom of one's own mind is revealed.

Adamant

Hi Adamant :)
Yes, my problem is that I fall in love with the lights. They are so beautiful! I get too excited. The last batch of nimittas were alternating colors. One time a blue. Next time a green. Next red, then golden etc. I have to learn non-reaction. That is one of my goals.
Thanks for the tip.
TI
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

[quote]

Hi Kirtanman, Much respect. I don't disagree with you. But... Cutting off all elaborations being utmost importance. The nature of mind is the Adamant Clear Light, as in light... that's clear... and the mind... the hardest most concrete reality is.

Relax with no focus (especially don't hope) and see it... boom bap bam... concepts, percepts evaporate.

Adamant

Hi Adamant,

Yep - got it - experiencing it, too.

Agree with you fully, here.

Much respect to you, too.

It's all about the experiencing ..... only about the experiencing.

Using words (a necessity here, as an online forum), we're simply, as Ramana suggested .... removing the thorn by using a thorn.

Unenlightenment is what's artificially created by incorrect ideas in mind.

Enlightenment is just what's real.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

quote:

Adamant

Hi Adamant :)
Yes, my problem is that I fall in love with the lights. They are so beautiful! I get too excited. The last batch of nimittas were alternating colors. One time a blue. Next time a green. Next red, then golden etc. I have to learn non-reaction. That is one of my goals.
Thanks for the tip.
TI

no goals; no judgment; no attachment; no future; no hope

in sum

no focus
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

[quote]

Adamant

Hi Adamant,

Using words (a necessity here, as an online forum), we're simply, as Ramana suggested .... removing the thorn by using a thorn.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

If you find a correct idea, kill the thinker if you can find him.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

[quote]

Adamant

Hi Adamant,

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Thanks .... forgot to mention that part!

Or ... my phrasing could have been a bit more clear, as follows:

"Unenlightenment is what's artificially created by incorrect ideas in mind."

Could be better said:

"Unenlightenment is what's artificially created by ideas."

Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

[quote]

Adamant

Hi Adamant,

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Thanks .... forgot to mention that part!

Or ... my phrasing could have been a bit more clear, as follows:

"Unenlightenment is what's artificially created by incorrect ideas in mind."

Could be better said:

"Unenlightenment is what's artificially created by ideas."

Samsara is focus.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  10:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi all,

Here is an interesting talk by HamsaYogi on the relationship between siddhis and enlightenmnet as he sees it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJUqr6lL1JY

Christi

Here's a video that Nandhi posted earlier this year, of Siddhar Baba Nataraj, speaking on being Beyond Enlightenment.

I find both the content on the power/energy to be very powerful (and interestingly, a perspective similar to Abhinavagupta's, regarding devas being internal to consciousness, as I outlined in our discussion in the Swami Lakshmanjoo thread).

VIDEO: Siddhar Baba Nataraj on Non-Dual Reality Beyond Enlightenment

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  11:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

[quote]

Samsara is focus.

Yes -- though focus is not always samsara.

Confusing focus with reality is samsara.

Samsara chops off part of the focus and calls it "me".

Enlightenment - original awareness - experiences all focus, all diversity, as only itself.

Though, in this experiencing .... focus is more like .... alignment ... flowing with, as opposed to focusing on (which creates separation ... it makes an object where none actually exists ... as well as a subject .... and hence, all the trouble).

Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  11:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

[quote]

Samsara is focus.

Yes -- though focus is not always samsara.

Confusing focus with reality is samsara.

Samsara chops off part of the focus and calls it "me".

Enlightenment - original awareness - experiences all focus, all diversity, as only itself.

Though, in this experiencing .... focus is more like .... alignment ... flowing with, as opposed to focusing on (which creates separation ... it makes an object where none actually exists ... as well as a subject .... and hence, all the trouble).

Samsara is always focus. What you are describing is nonfocus.

Edited by - adamantclearlight on Dec 03 2009 11:48:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  11:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi
He did say once that sometimes when he is parking his car in a car park, he uses his powers to manifest a good spot where he doesn't have to walk too far after parking.

He said it usually works.

Not bad eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGKWnv2mDbU

Hi Christi,
In that video Adyashanti says about manifestation:
quote:

If you believe it, which is the key, then you get one (parking spot)

Yes you can throw it out because it is a skill. It has a practical value.

Who cares if you can manifest or pay with cold hard cash?

But if you see it as something as just practical value or don't hook anything like peace, happiness, well being or any of the light to it, fine. Why not?

Don't get suckered in...

Somehow, for some reason, that when your consciousness comes into union with the life force of your life and your existence and it's one and you're not trying to get ahead of it or behind it or above it or below it, and you're just one, it releases even more energy into your lifestream and things just, as you mentioned, things just happen, doors open which I personally find much more interesting, to see what the universe is going to manifest for me than to see what I'm going to manifest for me...

This is about waking up, it's about Oneness, it's about realizing the unity of existence in ourself and each other, and then the rest, is you know, you're a free being, you follow your own karmic way with all the rest, with the way you move through life.

Here are my comments:
1) Adya never addresses the important issues there, like using using manifestation to heal others, or destroy enemies. For surely, those are 'practical value' items. He never says anything about whether manifestation can be done regardless of whether or not it is good or evil. He never addresses the issue of continuation of karma even through small manifestations. He does not teach to release your desires, instead he says it's ok to keep stoking your desires with small practical manifestations. Isn't this contrary to the Dharma and contrary to "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all things will be added onto you. ".?

And it is certainly contrary to the Hawaiian monks who say:
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/res...s_ch-47.html
quote:

When we become careless in our lower realms of the mind after having reached contemplation, we use that great God-power in a negative way and build great barriers within ourselves that hold us in the lower realms of the mind.

2) Who cares if you manifest or pay with cold hard cash? How do I know if Adya is capable of manifestation? I guess we'll never know because he just doesn't care. How do we know that that is just not a copout? He has skilfully evaded the issue.
If someone were to materialize an emerald out of thin air, it would serve as proof. Sometimes proof is needed to help distinguish charlatans from genuine spiritualists. Sometimes proof is what sets apart real gurus and saints from wanna-bes.

3)Adya says, when your consciousness comes into union with the life force of your life... I thought consciousness was the life force of your life.
Perhaps he is describing consciousness realizing the soul, which is not enlightenment according to the monks. (From the same page):

quote:

The other perfection inherent in the soul of man is Satchidananda -- Being, Consciousness and Bliss. When mind force, thought force and the vrittis, or waves of the mind, are quiescent, the outer mind subsides and the mind of the soul shines forth. We share the mind of God Siva at this superconscious depth of our being. In entering this quiescence, one first encounters a clear white light within the body, but only after sufficient mastery of the mind has been attained through the disciplined and protracted practices of yoga.
Though it is supreme consciousness, Satchidananda is not the ultimate realization, which lies beyond consciousness or mind. This differs from popular interpretations of present-day Vedanta, which makes these two perfections virtually synonymous.

4) At the end of Adya's talk, he says
quote:

This is about waking up, it's about Oneness, it's about realizing the unity of existence in ourself and each other, and then the rest, is you know, you're a free being, you follow your own karmic way with all the rest, with the way you move through life.

Does he mean that an enlightened person still has karma? How can that be? Arahants' actions do not incur any karma. Does he mean you can realize Oneness and still have karma? That certainly looks like what he has said. For, isn't karma what holds you back, prevents you from realizing, keeps the veils firmly held in place? Doesn't kundalini help burn karma? Isn't the Dharma about buring karma through proper living and practices?

Here is a reference to burning karma from the Hawaiian monks again:
quote:

But when we strive diligently to perfect devotion, which is bhakti, to perfect service, which is karma yoga, at all times -- twenty-four hours a day the vigil is -- then we release barriers, barriers that we are going to meet perhaps next year or the year after. We burn up and clean up karma that will come even in your next life. And you go from one stage of contemplation and become stable in the next stage of contemplation, until you begin to live on the very brink of the Absolute. And it's on the brink of the Absolute that you can begin to realize that the point of conception is the very apex of creation. You realize all form, and then you realize formlessness.

So you see, out of this simple little talk from Adya, if anyone really examined it closely, they'd come to realize that Adya is full of contradictions, imperfections and his teachings don't make sense.

Or perhaps Adya is saying, he's discovered the soul and it gave him lots of energy, and nothing else matters. Gee, I wonder why that appeals to so many people..

TI
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  11:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
If you effortlessly focus on the turn signals in your car audibly (when it is making those noises), that will always throw you into lucid awareness.

Just something I found.

Let the turn signal be your Adya

Edited by - alwayson2 on Dec 04 2009 12:31:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  12:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
TI, I don't disagree with you. I think Adyashanti appeals to so many people because of the quality of his energy. The words don't really matter. He could talk about parking spaces. He is manifesting a huge following and that's a siddhi. Look into the nature of your jealously and recognize the all-accomplishing wisdom.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  06:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

So you see, out of this simple little talk from Adya, if anyone really examined it closely, they'd come to realize that Adya is full of contradictions, imperfections and his teachings don't make sense.

This is true of all teachers, in the final analysis. It's not about the meaning of the words. The meaning of all words is the problem.

Meaning is, ordinarily, a form of seeking and control.
'Meaning' starts with a 'me'. Meaning-seeking and meaning-production are a game of power. The Sat-Guru uses words to liberate from this game, to bring silence, to bring absolute equality, no-difference. The patterns of words and actions used by the Sat-Guru are defined by the inconsistencies and nonsenses of the devotee. There are no decontextualised words which point to the truth. The inconsistencies of the teacher are defined by the disciple. Nisargadatta said one thing one moment, and the opposite the next, depending on the needs of the disciple. Zen does the same, until you get it and realise that the grand and solemn teacher is talking nonsense. For many, there is no great and personal revelation from the teacher. They just get to the point of asking 'why am I sitting in front of this person listening to all this'. At that point, the teaching may have completed its work.

If this is all so, a characteristic of a Sat-Guru might be not about how many people surround him/her, but how few. The Sat-Guru liberates from discipleship. S/he is known in the Heart, as oneself.

Meaning = difference. Meaning is always inconsistent. Hence we never get to the ultimate definition of reality in words, or maths. What we seek = non-dual. The problem is the seeking, the fantasy that we will get there in words, in me-aning, in our world of names and numbers.

See this and the urge to evaluate teachers vanishes. We know when we have met our own teacher. We cannot know about anyone else's choice, any more than we can know why two people fall in love, or how that really works for them.

chinna

Edited by - chinna on Dec 04 2009 06:51:37 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000