AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 What clears out the energy debris?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2005 :  3:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been contemplating the process behind the AYP practices and was looking for some insight into what part of the practices clear out the "debris" or released karma/ samskaras/ energy etc.?

I think I understand correctly that the pranayama and related mudras dig up and release previously "stored" energy blockages etc. perhaps into the spinal nerve. Am I understanding correctly that the deep meditation component is what clears out this "debris"? What is the mechanism behind this process, is it that deep meditation helps us rest more easily in our natural state (inner silence) so when these blockages of energies release, we are far less affected by them as we would if we weren't meditating?

In addition to this, isn't the deep meditation component of AYP also releasing blockages too? With all this release where does the energy go, out through the crown or third eye? How is it that we can let it go of these blockages now but weren't able to when we originally stored this energy in the first place?

Any insights?

Anthem

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2005 :  5:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Deep meditation activates natural processes that make it go away automatically. "God will do your sadhana for you" is a nice bhakti-ish way that it's sometimes put. For a more sober version of the same thing, see my posting on "inner guru" from yesterday, which supposes that this process is instinctual.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Dec 11 2005 5:34:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2005 :  11:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem:

The detailed inner workings of spiritual purification and opening are probably best left to be unraveled by scientists in the years to come. We (inside and outside) are the drivers using the simplest controls we can find to operate the complex spiritual machinery that is "under the hood."

The process of purification obviously has to do with stillness -- deep rest of a different kind than sleep, brought on by systematic stilling of the mind and nervous system which enables our body/mind to normalize itself by dissolving inner obstructions. Then there is the activation of the inner energies and the ecstatic component via the suspension of breath, bodily manipulations, and all the rest of yoga that emerges. We can say that the inner energies moving are part of the purification process more as symptom than as cause -- an aftermath of purification, or at least coincident with it. Of course, everything is cause and effect in yoga. But we do know that some causes (energy work) are better placed in a subsidiary role to others (deep meditation).

Where does all the energy go when obstructions are released? Where does a knot go when it is untied? Obviously, the rope is longer, more flexible and can be used for other things than it could when it was tied in knots. It is not so much where the knots went that matters. It is more about what we can do with the liberated rope. In the case of the human nervous system, spiritual energy will flow more smoothly with less friction and upheaval as the obstructions dissolve. It is the flow of love. So we can reasonably say that the energy resistance experienced in the obstructions (and in life in general) becomes a smooth flow of divine love. We are designed to be conductors of that. So that is where the energy goes -- though us as ecstatic bliss and out into the world to transform it to higher expression. As Jim says, it is instinct -- the entire process is wired into the system.

What was an obstruction, a cramp in our life, becomes a flower of ecstatic bliss and divine love. The same energy is still there. Before purification it was angst. After purification it is expressing freely and divinely. The experiences you all have been recording so beautifully in the "Changes in personal life" topic are a testament to this very process. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=545

Bravo!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  03:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you agree with at least the outline of my premise re: instinct. The lack of response to my posting made me think everyone was too polite to tell me I'd gone completely loony! :)
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  11:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Only half loony Jim!

Thank you both for your replies, they were helpful in filling in some blanks for me. I was thinking negative energies were released outside of the body somehow, but now I am seeing it more as a transformation of the same energy which is helpful.

The reason I was asking was because I had a whadoozie (yes invented word) of a blockage release in my throat chakra last week. I had been doing my normal routine, (which is generally pushing the envelope a little too far) and one night woke up with my throat and heart chakra buzzing and resonating like mad. I had this god-awful darkest of dark negative feelings like maybe anger, frustration, sadness, fear all rolled up into one black yuk, like I wanted to vomit. Fortunately, it awoke me from a deep part of sleep where I was feeling calm and peaceful, so at first I was just kind of watching it pretty surprised at what was happening. At one point I started to feel like it was too much, but then reminded myself to just go with the "roller-coaster ride" until it was over. I then got kind of excited thinking about how much clearer things would be once it passed! Anyway pass it did, still feeling activity there though of the nicer kind fortunately, but overall a very amazing experience of the physical impact of yoga practices for me. Yogani isn't kidding when he says big things are happening!

Hopefully not to scare any AYP practitioners off, I have had plenty of extremely pleasant openings as well of the same magnitude but in the positive direction, so not to worry. I have always heard stories of these people who go to yoga retreats and do way more asanas and meditation than normal only to find themselves with these massive emotional releases, which leaves them weeping for hours and eventually feeling much lighter and more free from the experience. I guess deep down I had kind of wished to know what that was like and lo and behold of all the wishes I have made and this is the one the universe decides to grant??? I want my money back!

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  11:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP gives you less of the weepy joyful openings and of the scary closures, because there are fewer big woomphs and more gradual opening. Nice and easy and gradual. For the record, hours of weepy joy are a primo indication of "over doing".

Retreats are a problem unless you've got a steady base of regular practice (and you retreat in order to ratchet up a LITTLE BIT for a limited time). Going from little or nothing to intense work is a recipe for disaster (or, more likely, for nothing at all).

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Dec 20 2005 11:53:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2005 :  12:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
AYP gives you less of the weepy joyful openings and of the scary closures, because there are fewer big woomphs and more gradual opening. Nice and easy and gradual. For the record, hours of weepy joy are a primo indication "over doing".

Hi Jim,

I always wondered what it was like to have a massive release all at once and I guess I kind of created that reality on some level. I actually do know why it happened and it was more of an accidental discovery during a deep meditation than anything else. I don't advocate this at all and of course know that it was a symptom of over doing it. However, overall I did enjoy it and it was a great learning experience.

I've learned that there are a few sign posts along the "over-doing"/ "under-doing" yoga highway and the right balance for me is where, day to day, I laugh a lot and feel happy and peaceful in my heart. When that is missing, I start asking myself if the practices are getting too far ahead of me and try to adjust accordingly.

cheers,

A
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  11:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11
I always wondered what it was like to have a massive release all at once and I guess I kind of created that reality on some level..

the notion of created reality is not something a lot of people understand. great you're vigilant about it. it's best, though, to just take the creator of your reality (your mind) out of the practice as much as possible.

quote:
I actually do know why it happened and it was more of an accidental discovery during a deep meditation than anything else. I don't advocate this at all and of course know that it was a symptom of over doing it. However, overall I did enjoy it and it was a great learning experience.I've learned that there are a few sign posts along the "over-doing"/ "under-doing" yoga highway and the right balance for me is where, day to day, I laugh a lot and feel happy and peaceful in my heart. When that is missing, I start asking myself if the practices are getting too far ahead of me and try to adjust accordingly.

You've expressed the very essence of AYP.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Dec 21 2005 11:37:31 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000