Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Nithyananda: The Importance of Human Birth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  4:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

How important is what we're doing here?

(Utilizing meditation/yoga to realize true nature.)

Per Paramahamsa Nithyananda, Enlightenment *is* the purpose of human birth.

The fact that enlightenment is only available (per Nithyananda, and this video -- link below) in human incarnations (meaning: enlightenment is not available to animals, or to any other type of incarnation ... enlightenment is only available to humans) ....

... which means that human incarnation (aka the opportunity for enlightenment) is the most important, most valuable kind of incarnation that is possible.

And, as Paramahamsa Nithyananda says, most humans treat their life, and their body as though they have been given a diamond ("a big diamond") -- and are using it as a paperweight.

So, if you've been born as a human (which I'm presuming covers the totality of the readership of this post ) .. this is an unspeakably auspicious showering of grace.

If you've heard of enlightenment (you have; you're reading this post ), this is an unspeakably auspicious showering of grace.

If you've been exposed to practices which can help you realize enlightenment, this is an unspeakably auspicious showering of grace (you have; AYP is such, as are many of the other paths and practices discussed here).

If you've been exposed to a person who practices, and/or can help support or otherwise guide your practices, this is an unspeakably auspicious showering of grace (you have; the AYP forum is filled with us).

If you've been exposed to someone who understands true nature, this is an unspeakably auspicious showering of grace (you have; via AYP, via other sites and videos linked here; possibly otherwise in life, as well).

If you've been exposed to someone who lives from true nature, this is an unspeakably auspicious showering of grace (you have; "see above").

If you feel motivated to realize enlightenment at all, this is an unspeakably auspicious showering of grace (you have; there could be exceptions ... but for the vast majority of readers of this post, there's at least a little motivation. )

I don't know about y'all ....... but I'm rather unspeakably grace-full (aka *grateful*) right now.

VIDEO: The Importance Of Human Birth

Intending Enlightenment For All, Whole-HEARTedly,

Kirtanman

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  4:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We're pretty awesomely lucky! Thanks for reminding us how just HOW lucky we are here Kirtanman! Gratitude!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  4:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Four Thoughts that Turn the Mind to Dharma:

1. Death & Impermanence
2. Suffering of Samsara
3. Karmic Cause and Effect
4. Precious Opportunity of Human birth
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  9:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Konchok Ösel Dorje

The Four Thoughts that Turn the Mind to Dharma:

1. Death & Impermanence
2. Suffering of Samsara
3. Karmic Cause and Effect
4. Precious Opportunity of Human birth

Beautiful; Thanks, Konchok!

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  1:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
_/\_

Thanks K.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  5:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The fact that enlightenment is only available (per Nithyananda, and this video -- link below) in human incarnations (meaning: enlightenment is not available to animals, or to any other type of incarnation ... enlightenment is only available to humans) ....

Hi kirtanman,

thank you.

I forwarded the above quote to my dhamma teacher and got this answer from him. I thought I post it here...

Hello

I would mainly agree, but one has to be careful with such a vast topic...From a Buddhist perspective it is almost, if not completely, impossible to attain in the lower realms directly... The human realm is regarded as the most favorable location to make progress up to and including Nibbana as there is not too much or too little suffering (just enough one might say).

Within the Suttas there is mention of devas attaining upon listening to the Buddha's teaching..There is also the Tusita realm, wherein those who have attained the Anagami stage (non returner) on earth will be reborn to complete their final push to Arahantship.

Buddha would agree that the human birth, especially one within a Sassana and one blessed with the awareness and the dispostion to the Dhamma, is especially precious and rare.

I hope this helps

Metta............U Vansa

Edited by - mimirom on Aug 27 2009 6:02:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  7:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  10:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mimirom

quote:

Hi kirtanman,

thank you.

I forwarded the above quote to my dhamma teacher and got this answer from him. I thought I post it here...

Hello

I would mainly agree, but one has to be careful with such a vast topic...From a Buddhist perspective it is almost, if not completely, impossible to attain in the lower realms directly... The human realm is regarded as the most favorable location to make progress up to and including Nibbana as there is not too much or too little suffering (just enough one might say).

Within the Suttas there is mention of devas attaining upon listening to the Buddha's teaching..There is also the Tusita realm, wherein those who have attained the Anagami stage (non returner) on earth will be reborn to complete their final push to Arahantship.

Buddha would agree that the human birth, especially one within a Sassana and one blessed with the awareness and the dispostion to the Dhamma, is especially precious and rare.

I hope this helps

Metta............U Vansa

Hi Mimirom,

Thanks to you and your teacher for this.

I'm certainly not saying anything that would disagree with what your dhamma teacher conveyed.

The "theme" of my post, if you will, was that the experience of humanity/human birth ... is something to celebrate in gratitude .. as opposed to experiencing otherwise .... which felt like it might be a helpful reminder for some of us.

The reason it is something to celebrate is that enlightenment can be realized by humans ... as indicated/verified by many practitioners of many wisdom traditions.

Anything "beyond that" -- either actually, or conceptually, is outside the scope of my post.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000