Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Sound healing: Any suggestions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  10:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After having gone into a deep meditative state during a gong bath at a recent kundalini yoga class, I can't seem to listen to enough vibrations of late.

Tibetan bowls and gongs seem to send me into the deepest meditative states. Can anyone suggest any other sounds to meditate to?

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  10:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey solo, the didgeridoo is pretty awesome. Sometimes it can be too ecstatically stimulating, but that can be fun too

Here's Rob Thomas from Inlakesh playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0X2qzI6_qU

Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  07:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did not seem to connect to the didgeridoo like I did with the tibetan bowls and the gong. However, that was a very nice performance. Thank you for posting!
Go to Top of Page

innercall

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  09:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solo,

About 2 months ago I assisted to a concert of David Hickey. 2 hours of Tibetan bowls and gongs. That was very powerful. In fact, it was so powerful that I felt some overload after with difficulty to sleep at night and I remember being so thirsty the next day.

Anyway it was great and you will probably enjoy. You can listen to samples on his site and order his CDs.

http://www.crystaljourney.ca/

Hope you will like it.

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  11:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogi Bhajan once said something like "the gong has 10000 sounds and is the only instrument the body cannot avoid responding too. Well thats what he said
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  02:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sound healing is greatly what Satsung is all about

Specific songs, along with fast tempo and rhythm.........activate chakras and allow the body to physically heal itself.....

It allows u to connect with the divine faster

I distinctively recall an ashram member babbling about flying through the clouds.......and having a heavenly experience.......during Satsung

Alot of bhakti and mudras kick in for me when they start praising a specific deity.....with specific songs....

I have personally withnessed a good few thousand of mudras over a 3 year period.

Sound also connects u to the macrocosmic elements (not too sure if I used the correct term here)
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  07:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very beautiful, Neesha

Innercall, I listened to the sample music on the crystal bowls site, and it's really awesome, very powerful.. Thanks
I can see how this can cause overloads
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  12:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pure crystals allow amplification of energy....I personally use a crystals for specific readings when I'm lazy and need answers fast...

quote:

crystal bowls site, and it's really awesome, very powerful
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  01:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anahata nada.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000