Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Can Kundalini give you vertigo/dizzy feeling?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vamana

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  03:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vamana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I don't know anything about kundalini, however I am aware of the seven chakras so I started meditating to try and open my third eye recently(if you dont want to read this all skip to my note at the end) I have been meditating in front of a mirror and just observing myself and getting 'visions'. Anyway, I experienced vertigo for the very first time in my life within the last week, and again tonight. It happened both times when my head was tilted then i got a weird dizzy/unbalanced feeling.

I really want to check with the forum, since I recently started a new medication called Strattera for Attention Deficit Disorder. Coincidentally, I started meditating shortly after.

It all started when I was staring in the mirror and getting this vision that I usually get at my forehead, but this time, the same dark bluish/greenish blob appeared only on my left arm! I took this as a sign of imbalance, or imbalanced meditation. Shortly after this thought arrived, I tilted my head and experienced vertigo for the first time in my life which coincidentally is a loss of the feeling of balance, so i figured it was a sign of sorts.

Anyway, I refuse to look deeper into kundalini at this point, i just want to know if the vertigo is from my medicine or meditation. Any help is much appreciated, whether you tell me if it is a symptom or not.

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  2:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It could be both. Early in one's practice kundalini can cause a sense of vertigo. It is the experience feeling less attached to the physical body. Mostly everyone goes through it. The remedy is to slow down and pace your self. Lay off meditation for a few days until you regain your balance. You can practice yoga while medicated. You just have to adjust and take it slow.
Go to Top of Page

Vamana

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  07:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vamana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, I will do that.
Go to Top of Page

samara

Iceland
31 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  12:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit samara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this "real" vertigo, like you wanting to grab something to regain balance, or is this more an internal feeling of movement? Because the former can be related to the drug or some other medical problems. I know about at least one condition associated with vertigo, when moving the head in certain directions. It is related to the subtle organs of the inner ear and can be quite tricky to diagnose and cope with. Also you should check the list of side effects in connection with the medication.

A soft feeling of dizziness or a sensation of the floor moving slightly under your feet is not uncommon in combination with meditation, but these do not really affect physical balance. They are more like sensations, not uncomfortable in any way.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  05:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've experienced an unbalanced feeling before. It was like dizzyness and a weighless feeling, the outside world appeared blurry momentarily. I have a lot of "energy" in my head and i am on medication as well.

I think it is probably a combination of medication and meditation. They are not mutually exclusive. But as samara said you might want to check out the side effects of the medication you are on first. Go through the paper you get with your medicine and check everything. If you can rule out the medication as being the cause then look to meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000