Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Visualization, Ganachakra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  5:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I wanted to throw a couple of practices out there and see where they land.

AYP is Yogic, Advaitic and Tantric. So it is a close cousin of Vajrayana.

1. Inner Guru Visualization: This practice should only be done by advanced practitioners. One practice that is very effective: Visualization. One visualizes one's body as the deity, be it, Avalokiteshvara, Jesus, Shiva or whatever, it doesn't matter. It's like wearing a transparent skin of another person over yours, one that is clear and the substance of a rainbow. Then, one visualizes above one's crown, a lotus, on the lotus sits a sun disk, on the sun disk sits a moon disk, on the moon disk sits a jewel throne for your inner guru. On the jewel throne sits your inner guru visualized as whatever form, I do Buddha Vajradhara, you can do Shakti or whatever. Then, you visualize all the enlightened beings in all the universes, deities, angels, gurus, etc., falling down like flakes of snow and melting into the heart of the Guru over your head. You visualize like this for a 10 minutes or so. Then, you see a stream of amrita pouring out from the Gurus chakras and into your brahma aperture filling up your deity body. During this practice, you ask the Guru to bless you to give up self grasping, with effortlessness, with needlessness, with instantly recognizing the nature of mind, with purifying confusion, and with manifesting appearances and possibilities as the Truth Body. This practice eliminates attachment to the physical body in a gentle way, and creates a far more open and spacious feeling of bliss and a basis for understanding emptiness as the realm of potentials and possibilities.

2. Ganachakra. It is a very wonderful tantric practice to get together with your Sangha/ Satsang and puja and feast. This is an area of great creative license. If you can get your hands on a leaflet from a Vajrayana center (Tsok offering) you can get an idea of what to do. The group offers food up to the Guru with candles and incense and does mantras and visualizations of offerings to all the enlightened beings of the three times and all possible universes. Group channeling of spiritual energy in this context is very wonderful. It is a way to clear out obscurations. It also brings you to the attention of all the gurus who will help you advance in your practice swiftly. One will find it easier to integrate non-attachment with worldly activity. Sometimes, little miracles happen during these feasts, like flowers blooming that have never bloomed before.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Jul 23 2009 5:17:14 PM

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  11:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting.

What counts as "advanced" in terms of one's practice in this instance?

Peace!

gri
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  12:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by grihastha

Very interesting.

What counts as "advanced" in terms of one's practice in this instance?

Peace!

gri

Perhaps one or two years of AYP twice daily. The visualization of the lotus, sun disk and moon disk over the crown is a powerful crown chakra activation. It should not be attempted until you have stabilized stillness after working extensively with the yoga practices.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  01:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ösel,

Thank you for sharing these practices. When/how often should one do the Inner Guru Visualization? For someone doing twice daily AYP, where would it fit in best?

I would like to try it at some point, although I don't know if I'm ready for it yet. I've been having crown activity these last few months, but feel I might easily go over if I target the crown directly.

It sounds kind of similar to a practice Lama Yeshe wrote about. Is this related in any way?

Thank you

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  1:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Hi Ösel,

Thank you for sharing these practices. When/how often should one do the Inner Guru Visualization? For someone doing twice daily AYP, where would it fit in best?

I would like to try it at some point, although I don't know if I'm ready for it yet. I've been having crown activity these last few months, but feel I might easily go over if I target the crown directly.

It sounds kind of similar to a practice Lama Yeshe wrote about. Is this related in any way?

Thank you

Peace
cosmic

The visualization is done prior to your meditation. Then one dissolves the guru into your crown and you rest in the innate state with no focus.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  3:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see. Thank you, Ösel.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000