New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PHOENIX

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  05:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit PHOENIX's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Guruji,

First of all, thank you!Thank you for everything you have shared!
I was wondering if you would share your life-story with us.I am sure it must have been a truly fantastic journey thus far.What wouldnt I give to hear of it!

Love
J.N

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  10:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Phoenix!

Not much to tell about me really. What little there is was put in a press release several years ago: http://www.aypsite.org/pressrelease1.html

The real story is about what all of you are doing -- the fantastic global opening that is occurring. All I can say to that is, Wow!

Phoenix is rising from the ashes.

I am honored to play a small part in it, along with everyone else.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  10:37:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks yogani and all the people here.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  10:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani...

I was wondering......(I hope this is not inappropriate to ask in the open forum)....since you are anonymous, how will we as AYP practitioners know when you pass away? One day you may be here writing lessons, and then some freak accident could happen or something, and all of a sudden noone ever hears from you again.... I know there isn't really much you CAN do about it, but I was wondering if you ever thought about this before.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  12:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson:

Some plans are being put in place to provide for continuity of the AYP writings and these forums. When the writing stops here, for whatever reason, it will continue with everyone else. My family and a few others have the necessary administrative access.

My view of AYP is as a shared resource. It has never been about me. The further along the writing gets, the less significant my role. We are pretty far along now, with still some more to go. I honestly don't know where the writing will end up, but do feel there is enough out there now to be a useful resource for any sincere aspirant on the path. These forums are an important part of that -- the shift in focus from one person's journey to the journey of many.

I'm like a guy who marked a trail on the trees as he found his way through the forest. Sooner or later the guy will leave the forest. What will matter in the long run is the marked trees, and what others choose to do with them.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  12:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,
Like many others here, I feel truly blessed and a deep gratitude to you for your guidance on opening doors to unknown realms! Although you insist that the guru is within, it takes a guru to point out that fact! I end every practice with a silent thanks to you. Your lessons will be trasmitted somehow, but for now, lets focus on today and that you're here
kami
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  1:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Thank you a million times for everything you have done for us and for helping us find the guru within.

You mentioned that the writings are pretty far along now, with still some more to go. Not to jump ahead but I'm curious, are there additional practices that you haven't put out in your books yet, or are the additional writings more about further refinement in perceptions, etc etc

Eternally grateful to you...

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  2:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax:

I can't really say exactly where the writing is going. The key AYP practices are out there already. It is now a matter of clarifying, optimizing, observing how emerging inner silence is moving, and suggesting ways to carry it forward to benefit the most people. There could be some useful revelations in that. Time will tell.

The evolving trends among practitioners at all stages here in the online community, and everywhere, give a feel for where it is heading, and what may need further attention.

The funny thing about stillness is that it is never standing still, at least not for we who have a toe in the forest.

Thanks all for being part of it!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  3:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

I'm like a guy who marked a trail on the trees as he found his way through the forest. Sooner or later the guy will leave the forest. What will matter in the long run is the marked trees, and what others choose to do with them.

Thats a lovely picture.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  3:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll once again use this opportunity to express my gratitude to the light that created this website..
To all the stars that are born from it and all the love that is incredibly contagious here like no other "non virtual" place!!

Thank you Yogani and all: you are my daily family and I feel supported on my path..

Deep gratitude to the beauty in all of you.

They say, if you have a vision for 10 weeks, plant wheat.
If you have a vision for 10 years, plant trees.
And if you have a vision for a lifetime, plant people.

Thank you Yogani for being such a dedicated gardener.

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  09:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
gratitude gratitude gratitude and we love you Yogani is what i always hear from the people i interact with in the Arab world and my mistake for not telling you about this b4 my brother and my teacher.

i am forever in dept for your overwhelming kindness and for giving me the chance to grow and be in the presence of such a beautiful community.

and like dear Christina said:
quote:
Thank you Yogani and all: you are my daily family and I feel supported on my path..

i wish you long age and good health and the presence of a happy family.

Love you Yogani

Edited by - Ananda on Jul 18 2009 09:08:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

PHOENIX

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  1:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit PHOENIX's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello all.nice to know there are so many of us.This place is like Salmons touching base..Its beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  6:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't get the feeling that Yogani is that old. I just turned 60, and i consider that middle aged.
And why not live to 120? 100 was uncommon when I was little, and now it is common. There are only a handful of elements for living a long life, and meditation is certainly one of them. I don't know if I believe Yogananda's claim that self realization cures all, but I do believe that most disease comes from karma and/or poor lifestyle choices, so we certainly have a better chance than otherwise for a long life.
However, if Yogani wants to fake his death someday and start a new life in a different arena, he has my blessing.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jul 18 2009 7:55:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  7:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  9:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

Another personal Q.-
Although i'm not really one to get personal with people , especially on internet forums,but seeing as this thread is foraying in that arena.....

But is 'Secrets of Wilder' ,by any chance, semi-autiobiographical?
Or perhaps it's more an archetypal story..
Is the clumination and distillation of AYP wisdom in the prototype(?) form you introduced it back in 2003 on yahoo the result of 30 yrs of research with half a dozen teachers/gurus both here and in the east perhaps, compiled from your notes and other bygone yogis.? Perhaps you did a survey over the decades of experience you accumulated and arived at this system, of the best(most effective), i mean particularly the core practices outlined.Those that furthered human evolution the most effectively, as well as your own.

Again- thanks for intorducing me to AYP- I would truly be lost without it.Thanks for leading me out of that dark forest,and into the Light.

I can understand your anonymity.And I know ayp IS not about you but about US, and the liberation of Man/Woman, at large..And Thanks for reminding me of the guru within me.

I like you abhor the cult of personality and believe it could be a distraction to the personal journey of spiritual transformation which very much concerns the individual and his/her unique odyssey.I've always sensed guru-worship to be suspect.Guru adoration is fine but turning them into demi-gods, is to lose sight of divinty with us all,yes. We sense this intuitively in the "higher " stages of enlightening.The eschewal of dogma(particularly religious) and guru-worship,not that we don't need Yogani's around becuase clearly we do, but these are some of AYP's initial attractions.

With utter humility,deep respect and gratitude for leading this lost soul back to swim in the Great Cosmic Ccean.

By the way- You are all family.So thanks for adopting me.

Love Brother Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on Jul 18 2009 9:32:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  03:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Akasha

Yogani,

But is 'Secrets of Wilder' ,by any chance, semi-autiobiographical?
Or perhaps it's more an archetypal story..

That is answered somewhere or other on this forum. Worth doing a search for. The bit that I remember (it might have been from one of the radio broadcasts ?) is that it is more of a metaphor. The bit where wilder disappears in a puff of smoke was to illustrate a concept and not be considered a reality because there is more important stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  06:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks karl,i think i understand what you're suggesting here.We could all be Wilder,or all are in some sense- it does'nt realy matter spiritually.It's where youare now and all that.......

And Yogani,

Have people like Gopi Krishna,Yogananda( though ihave not read much of the vast yoga literature) and your background in science informed your eventual distillation of the AYP appraoch,how you arrived here, and the explanations you give,blending modern science with ancient wisdom?---, for e.g talk about emerging 'neuro-biology', the nervous system being a bridge behind inner and outer etc ,which resonated with me so well and provides much re-assurances on the level of understanding.

There are all lot of 'i see' moments when one reads that you written down.Much of the esotericism and mystery of yoga techniques and methods was always shrouded in metaphor and cosmic story-line particularly the result of tradition ( just consider sivananda or most great yogi reviving or birthiing a tradition)-and in turn religion and so the baggage it brought to the table.

Sorry for trying also to satiate by curisioty which is really not that important. I guess i was thinking about influences in this blend you have arrived at in terms of the clarity of new science with old wisdom?How you arrived at this vernacular.There is much science, particularly how the brain & NS works( though we have recently been intrigued by it's neuroplasticity, change-ability) on physical,subtle and neuro-spiritual levels that we do not have a complete handle on.There are probably gaps which is why this forum is so great.I love this whole subject.It is v refreshing to hear and read very lucid and clear explanations about the psycho-dynamics of flowering consciousness and neuro-biolgical processs known to be at work.I find it very re-assuring to read what goes on under the-hood. It being no longer a case of well if i do this practice, these arcane texts hint that this phenomnon might occur, for example.Some witness a bright light and so on. Talk about one big dark forest.No wonder it can be so lonely and bewildering to navigate the path...a path!

Illumination is what we all crave here.And thanks for marking out those trees.

Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on Jul 19 2009 08:05:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  07:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani told me that his novel was semi-autobiographical in that the way the practices were discovered by him are reflected in a similar way in the novel. I guess some people are just born with sensitive nervous systems!

Go to Top of Page

harmony

Hong Kong
18 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  08:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit harmony's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I would also like to thank you for the great wealth of information that you share with everyone.

I understand and respect your privacy entirely, and was wondering if perhaps you would consider sharing some more information about your lineage and influences.

My sense is that you have some previous connection with SRF and Yogananda and Sri Yukteswar and perhaps also with Sivananda Saraswati of the Divine Life Society.

It would be interesting to understand your influences and perhaps some of the books or teachings which you feel have been most beneficial to your own development.

With much thanks and respect.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  10:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks much, All.

For Christi, my age: older than Ether.

For Akasha, on the Secrets of Wilder: It is a symbolic story, a novel, not an autobiography. Like all novels, it is assembled with a mixture of real and fictional events to tell the story. A relevant aspect of Wilder was discussed recently here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=5820#53669
There is more on Wilder elsewhere in the forums, but I can't locate it right now. Try a search. The important things to know about the Wilder novel are that it is "fiction with teeth" -- the practices in it are real. And that it was written before AYP was started in late 2003. So AYP is an ongoing expansion and refinement, based on the real life experiences of many. The novel stands as a pretty good metaphor for what is happening in the world today -- global human spiritual transformation! Not without its tribulations (some are graphically depicted in the novel), so we self-pace and carry on.

For Harmony: I have previous connections with many teachings (nothing formal with SRF or Sivananda, though am familiar). Not connected with anything now except stillness in action.
For some history and reading, see the AYP extended booklist discussion here: http://www.aypsite.org/253.html
The booklist is in need of updating -- I have moved on. And so should we, from me...

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  10:53:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani, if you have no connections with SRF where did you come across the spinal breathing technique?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  11:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Yogani, if you have no connections with SRF where did you come across the spinal breathing technique?

Hi Gumpi:

Numerous places. Spinal breathing dates back more than 4000 years to the Vigyan Bhairava, and probably beyond. No teaching is an edifice, except unto itself. AYP is always looking beyond fixed structures, to the truth, which is found within every human nervous system.

AYP spinal breathing pranayama is an optimization derived from many sources, most importantly from actual results in practice. This is true of all the AYP practices. That is why we keep monitoring results, and are constantly looking for improvements on the level of the individual practitioner. This is science. We only look back so we can go forward!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  04:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou Yogani for everything and thankyou everyone else on the forum too, words can't express the gratitude. I hope and wish from my heart that many junior Yoganis arises out of here (fully awakened).

We love you Yogani.

Edited by - arzkiyahai on Jul 20 2009 04:51:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  08:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

Thanks for clarification. I was interested in where you yourself first found the spinal breathing technique. For example, did you find it online? The Bihar School of Yoga didn't teach kriya yoga until about the 80s i think. previous to that it wasn't written in book form and unavailable everywhere.

Also, the path the imagination takes to trace the spinal nerve seems odd to me because is it based on actual energy flows? People seem to have many different types of experiences of energy. I wonder why spinal breathing takes the route it does.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  11:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
brother gumpi, i've heard about spinal breathing as well from an australian friend who was in India and she said that it was used among a lot of the raja yoga systems in India.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  12:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Yogani,

Thanks for clarification. I was interested in where you yourself first found the spinal breathing technique. For example, did you find it online? The Bihar School of Yoga didn't teach kriya yoga until about the 80s i think. previous to that it wasn't written in book form and unavailable everywhere.

Also, the path the imagination takes to trace the spinal nerve seems odd to me because is it based on actual energy flows? People seem to have many different types of experiences of energy. I wonder why spinal breathing takes the route it does.

Hi Gumpi:

Too much analysis can lead to paralysis. It is suggested to have a little faith and do the practice twice-daily, followed by deep meditation for best results. If there are doubts on practice, see the AYP Spinal Breathing Pranayama book.

If someone gives us a bicycle, we can either take it apart or ride it. Can't do both at the same time. Riding is preferred, since this is what the bicycle has been designed for.

Relax and enjoy the ride!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000