Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Quantum Physics and Kashmir Shaivsm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  12:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I recently finished reading Swami Shankaranda's "The Yoga of Kashmir Shaivism." Now I'm reading a book called "Quantum Enigma" by two physicists and I'm seeing a huge overlap of what I read in Swamiji's book and what they are saying in their book. If I'm understanding correctly what the physicists are saying, that on a quantum level (and therefore on all levels in our physical universe) nothing exists until it is consciously observed. Which means, Kashmir Shaivism, as far as I understand it, said the same thing in the 10th century. Very fascinating stuff!

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  02:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, great stuff

Of course you must consider following:
You have observed many many things - so, they do exist for you.
I havn't observed most of your observances, so, they don't exist for me.
I have observed many things which don't exist for you -
and so it is with all of us and with the whole universe !
Furthermore: what we observe together does exist for all of us,
however: each one of us may observe the same thing,
but we perceive is differently !
Whoa - this makes an awful lot of universes ...
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  02:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, we live in a multiverse consciously and physically.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  10:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One of the things that blows my mind (and there are many when it comes to quantum enigmas) is that assuming someone was not aware of quantum physics, which would mean everyone before about the 19th century, then wouldn't that mean that it didn't exist? I'm in the middle of reading a chapter about Schrodinger's Cat which according to the book indicates that once an atom is observed not only does it exist, but it's past is instantly created as well. Since before it was observed it did not exist it had no past. Arrg, my brain is frying!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  8:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

One of the things that blows my mind (and there are many when it comes to quantum enigmas) is that assuming someone was not aware of quantum physics, which would mean everyone before about the 19th century, then wouldn't that mean that it didn't exist? I'm in the middle of reading a chapter about Schrodinger's Cat which according to the book indicates that once an atom is observed not only does it exist, but it's past is instantly created as well. Since before it was observed it did not exist it had no past. Arrg, my brain is frying!

Okay .... "out of the frying pan ..." ...

It's like this, y'see .....

You're a character in a movie, a (literal) film ... and you walk into a room .... containing items that are covered with dust and cobwebs ... they've obviously been there a very long *time*.

However, the light of the projector is only ever always shining NOW.

The "atoms" of the items in that room, and their "past" ... are created when you (the movie character) enter the room and observe the "old" items.

In reality, a timeless (outside of the limited "space-time dimensions" appearing in, and as the movie) frame of display is illuminated by the light of the "projector" ... which has nothing at all to with the content of the movie.

Everything "in" the movie ... your (character's) point-of-view ... whether you're seeing ... hearing ... your thoughts ... feelings ... emotions ... are etchings in celluloid.

Everything.

Everything you've been conditioned to think of (literally) as "I, Me or Mine", appears as an object illuminated by the clear light of awareness.

Everything "you" are perceiving (seeing, hearing, considering, etc.) appears as an object illuminated by the clear light of awareness.

Everything perceived (people, places, things, actions, etc.) appears as an object illuminated by the clear light of awareness.

Conditioning has taught the thought-self to perceive life via the artificial language-based thought-constructed isolation chamber of:

Me->Perceiving->Myself-and-World

As opposed to the actuality of:

Light-Awareness Illuminating All Now.

"I am neither the eater, the food, nor the act of eating -- I am Shiva."

Your relationship to a sensation in "your body" or a thought of "yours" is identical to your true relationship to these words, and to "your" perceptual act of seeing these words.

See?

It's not "Me>Evaluation>World".

It's Light-of-Awareness Shining/Light-of-Awareness Reflecting.

Pure Awareness .... and *ALL* displaying in it, NOW.

And NOW.

And NOW.

"Recognize it's all just light and rainbows, and be happy."
~LIVE, Run to the Water

"It's all emptiness; matter is just condensed emptiness."
~Albert Einstein

Have you ever seen icebergs in the ocean ... or ice floes in a river?

It's all water ... ice is just condensed water.

"Even scientists say: everything is just light; not created, destroyed - but eternally bright."
~LIVE, They Stood Up For Love

It's called "enlightenment" for a reason.

Prior to matter, time, space, causation, limitation and revelation, I Am.

You am, too.

The "enigma" of quantum physics only appears because quantum physics is a partial science developed by partial consciousness to describe part of reality.

Considering that, they've done a fairly amazing job of it.

But they're running up against reality ... and non-reality ... like seekers seeking enlightenment ... the world's leading scientists are perplexed that they can't find the answers ....

Not realizing ... that the answer is what's doing the looking, perceiving, observing.

Objective reality is the outer shell ... like the surface of the ocean.

The depths ... the depths are what we each and all are, now.

What are these depths comprised of?

Thankfully, no one has any idea.

The leading scientists and mystics throughout history have ALL concluded: consciousness is the ground of being.

"Modern" scientists just don't want to admit it.

At least, most don't.

http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/Time.htm

From the Shiva Sutras of Kashmir Shaivism:

3.1 Cittam Atma - Limited Mind is the Self
"I am who I think I am."

2.1 Cittah Mantrah - The Mind is Mantra.
"I am everything in awareness, including the silence in which all experiencing arises, appears and dissolves."

1.1 Caitanyamatma - Liberated, Infinite Awareness is Self
"I am the light illuminating all; I am the light reflecting all illumination; I am light loving light; I AM."

It's not that it's all too complicated; it's actually too simple.

Rational mind and science are 1/3 + 1/3 trying to equal 1.

The unified field of awareness is the other 1/3 (+/- Infinity).

1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 = 1

1 = I AM

What you and I and all actually are is not only beyond our wildest imagining - it ... this ... here ... now is beyond what *can* be imagined.

It is real.

Enlightenment is real.

Enlightenment is all that's real.

Lighting The Way: AUM!

In The Light of Loving Gratitude,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000