Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 What is your favorite grounding exercise?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  08:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Every so often I just can't stop my mind from racing. I get agitated. I start questioning everything and everyone. It's like I am in some kind of manic phase. After a couple of days of this I usually realize that I am not grounded. If I am lucky, I haven't upset everyone I know in this period.

Once I realize I have come ungrounded, I try to do some grounding activities. My favorite is probably a qigong exercise. I will pick a giant tree to stand next to, then pick a pose to hold perfectly still in. I will then bring in the trees energy through my crown and give my energy to the trees roots, creating an energetic loop from the tree to me to the ground. After 10 minutes of this, I usually feel great.

What are your favorite grounding activities/exercises?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  08:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When it's not winter.. working in my garden.. else cleaning bathrooms and floors.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  09:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Walking with dogs in the country, loads and loads of walking I love it
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  09:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

When it's not winter.. working in my garden.. else cleaning bathrooms and floors.

Cleaning? Really?

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  09:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Walks + weights + dinner + beer, brings me down from every peek in no time.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  10:09:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes cleaning.. get some music on.. sing along .. and get down on your hands and knees and scrub floors.. nothing more grounding and nothing more satisfying than that. Try it.. you will have really clean floors/bathrooms and a very grounded you..
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  10:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
chinese food
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  11:01:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Summersaults in a muddy field. Now THAT'S grounding

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  11:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha ha I've done that (quite unintentionally) walking the dogs

Edited by - Richard on May 15 2009 11:39:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  11:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Feels good doesn't it. All that mud, caking your body....the connection with the Earth all over you....Mmmmm...time for a roll in the muck. Swine flu here I come...Hahahahahaha...sorry, wierd mood today

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  12:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jumping naked into a lake with cooool water and swim, float around and let the water carress me... and drink really, really fresh water from a natural well. Or following a stream deep into the forest and walk along with it...
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  2:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK Shanti...You've given me nothing but good advice, so I will try it.

Music = great

Sing along = awesome

Clean the floors = This part may have to grow on me. But it will certainly make my wife happy!

I will remove all expectations and give it a try.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  2:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gardening is great. I had a landscaping job last summer and it was excellent. And then having a beer at the end of the long day.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  3:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Walking......walking....and walking.....

In the mountains.....showering and washing my hair in a heavy rain

Sit by a bonfire......

Letting a day off unfold surprisingly on its own.....

Dialogues and meals with my children.....

Healings....hosting meditations/satsangs.....healing dialogues...

Singing.....playing piano.....flute.....

Dancing

Being in the company of silent love......

Out at sea....sea-gazing.....in a boat....with someone who knows how to sail

Hugging trees......sit with back against a tree......imbibing

Swimming....for a long time.....in a mountain lake....

Picking blueberries and cranberries and mushrooms in the mountains

Singing while cooking

Making tea

Washing up

Showering

Knitting

Taking care of flowers.....exchanging energy with them

Ruffle and talk gibberish with my neighbour's or collegue's dogs......

Fixing the xerox machine at work...and then call service when it seems to have a terminal disease.........

And last but not least.......

*LAUGHING*

Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  4:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
chasing men! (kidding )

- I just came now from 2 hours of walking nearby the sea, and all I can say is that both my feet and hands are boiling with energy and blood, my face is bright, I can't stop singing (I created and composed my first song today in 15 minutes, gona make a single hopefully)..
and I have buzzing sensations in the lower abdomen, right side since yesterday.. it feels like when the mobile phone vibrates, but it's softer and the vibrations are faster.. weird thing!

- Also eating cooked food like chickpea + tahina (sesame butter).

- dancing like a crazy on drums music..
dynamic meditation

- screaming till you feel your head's gona explode

Edited by - christiane on May 15 2009 4:40:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  5:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I forgot...

Swimming under waterfalls!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  7:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christiane - I get that buzzing too - I keep my cell phone in my pocket sometimes and always have it on vibrate in case i don't hear it. I have pulled it out to see if it is ringing hundreds of times!

Best grounding activity - getting a massage that is very deep and very slow.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  01:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Christiane - I get that buzzing too - I keep my cell phone in my pocket sometimes and always have it on vibrate in case i don't hear it. I have pulled it out to see if it is ringing hundreds of times!

Funny coz the first times I felt this buzzing, I wondered if it was my cell phone in my bag too!
But it's been 2 days that I feel this, many times during the day, but I can't really associate it with any particular situation or stimuli.. it's the energy, that is for sure! I'm becoming very receptive to vibrations of people around..

I like the deep massage option! I thought of having a shiatsu session lately.. but I can't really find someone I can trust here..
So, instead of receiving a massage, I will give one today, with healing music and incense...
Giving massage is very grounding too
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  2:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti, I was offered to clean someone else's bathroom and kitchen, and YES - very grounding, indeed! I think Yogani actually gave that advice some time as well... cleaning someone else's sh*t is sometimes the best grounding activity. I must do that more!
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  11:32:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Shanti, I was offered to clean someone else's bathroom and kitchen, and YES - very grounding, indeed! I think Yogani actually gave that advice some time as well... cleaning someone else's sh*t is sometimes the best grounding activity. I must do that more!

A zen anecdote hits the point.
Before enlightment: Carry fire logs. Fetch water.
After enlightment: Carry fire logs. Fetch water.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000