Enlightenment Milestones
 Any one seeing snow???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  11:45:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hari Om
~~~~~~~

Hello folks.
I thought I would use the "UG Krishnamurti" conversation as a spring board for this notion.
As his experience is something we consider unique to us, there are mildstones pointed out in the Upanishads that suggest/indicate progress toward Brahman.
Perhaps some of you are having these experiences? your comments are welcomed.
IN the Svetasvatara Upanishad [Sveta = pure and asva = senses, or one that has controlled or has pure senses e.g. a developed individual] it states:
"When yoga is being performed, forms like snow or frost, smoke, the sun, fore, wind, fire-fly. lightening, crystal and the moon appear.
They precede the manifestation of Brahman"
Hence these apprears as road signs along the way to assist the native [sadhu] that progress is happening.
Note too that yoga here is that of the mind/consciousness and not hatha. Brahman is that of Fulless of consciousness or Self-realization. The sutras go on to describe the physical and the mental. that of health, lightness, freedom from desires, one complexion, etc etc.
Enlightenment in an "organized" fashion is attractive - it looks like
UG Krishnamurti's unfoldment did not happen this way. Again, this is by my interpretation. UG only knows.

If you care to read another individual's experience - " I am That" by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, fields questions from various aspirants.

Brahmavid brahmaiva bhavati
"The knower of Brahman is Brahman itself"
Mundaka Upanishad, 3.2.9

Regards,
Frank in Sandiego

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2005 :  1:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see snow in my dreams a lot. Usually I'm knee-deep in it. Don't know if it's Brahman, but it's a lot of fun.
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2005 :  9:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Hello Meg,
Nice to see some snow eh? I have soo much fun during dreaming I kinda look forward to that portion of the evening!

I have been fortunate to see "fireflys" and some "suns" as the Upanishads have pointed out - yet not on a regular basis. The key is not to expect anything as this gets things convoluted.
Perhaps others in AYP may have an experience or two.

Its nice to know the Upanishads can point this out.

Regards and thanks for responding.

Frank In San Diego

Go to Top of Page

_Yogi_

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  06:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some people with depersonalization and derealization see snow. It's like static everywhere. I've seen it before, you have to look in a different way sort of. I've had a similar experience to seeing the sun like it says. I've read somewhere stating enlightenment looks like a thousand suns. I once had a dream where in it I realized I didn't exist then everything turned into yellow like the sun, there was no me no other just this light that looked just like the sun everywhere with no boundaries. I wonder if that's rigpa the primordial awareness or a clear light dream. I've read saffron is a holy color its an amber, orange yellow type color. After I saw that light I tried to distinguish separateness and the light changed to a vibrant sparkling saffron.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  09:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a thousand suns, while conscious, it is the capstone, the minds attempt to understand. I am like mist when I stay within it, translucent, ephemeral. I am connected to it at all times, yet can step in and out of it's presence while still connected. When fully engaged there is no I. Tying the senses to it, it is sweet, warm, soft, bright and it sings in the most beautiful tone. I would describe it as pure love, but it seems far more, it fills me completely. Movement in stillness.

I can imagine to some it would seem like a soft fall of snow, the moon, frost and wind all have these qualities and that would be the minds attempts to understand. I think some hear it as a ringing bell.

This then is what we are, or what we are not
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  11:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes, seeing that has been part of my experience for many years, but it's just another something on the path, and not important per se
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000