Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP Global Group Meditation - Feb 23rd 2009
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  12:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
Thank you for the wonderful group meditation today.

I am thinking of taking advantage of the wonderful energy there will be tomorrow, with the millions of people who will be fasting and praying and meditating on the occasion of Mahasivrathri, by organizing our own group meditation.

Every year, I have observed the increased silence/energy during certain days like Gokulashtami (Krishna's birthday), Durgashtami (eight day of the Navaratri and Durga Puja celebrations), Shivatratrti.. and today during our group meditation, I realized, our group meditations are really getting more and more powerful, and it may be a wonderful experience to meditate together on one such powerful day (like tomorrow).

It may be too chaotic to get a time that will work for all.. so was thinking of sticking with the times we do on Sat and Sunday.

If you can join us for meditation, that will be perfect, however I know it is a working day, so many may not be able to join in, but if at 11.15 am ET USA, those who cannot join in for meditation, if you can take even a small moment and join in in silence... I am sure it will be wonderful.

We can use "Love" (for all/the world) in samyama.

Thanks to all who can join us (even if it just with an intent).

PS: For meditation time, please go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...xedform.html
Enter the date of 02/23/09, time of 11.15 AM and Location as USA-New York-New York to calculate your meditation start time.

Edited by - Shanti on Feb 22 2009 12:43:53 PM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  2:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great, Shanti

Thanks for initiating this.

I'll join you at 5:15 pm in Oslo.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds great Shanti! I echo Katrine in saying thank you for initiating this...Some of us, well me, aren't very clued in to the "Hindu" holidays, so thanks for being my Indian calendar....you're awesome. I'll close my office door at 9:15 am my time...any reason to close the door! haha.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Shanti and Katrine,

i'll join in too at 6:15 pm in Beirut.

by the way tomorrow is the start of the big faste for Christian Catholics as well.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Carson we cross posted
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  3:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  5:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Will join also, have put it in my phone alarm
Thanks for the idea Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  6:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta I had no idea of this special day.

I will be there for sure
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  10:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is wonderful! Thanks for organizing this, Shanti .

I've decided to observe Lent this year, so this will be a great start. See you all at 8:15am (PST).

PEACE
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  02:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti, thanks. Will join at 9.45 pm in Chennai today, 23rd.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  11:03:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
See you all in ten minutes!

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  1:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyOne

That was a beautiful meditation

The threads from the feet went deep, deep into the earth....the grounding from you was phenomenal.....and the love.....was just like at Ammas in November....

Gratia

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  1:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh....before I forget.....

Can someone please tell me what "Mahasivrathri" means?

Thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  1:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Powerful med. I got called away half way through but I could still feel you all. I was tingling all over
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  3:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all who participated. It was very deep and grounding. Had a tough time getting out of meditation tho.

Katrine, I love this explanation by Nandhi.
About Mahasivrathri : Celebrate the Eternal Yogi

PS: If you want the traditional legends, you can read them here http://www.mahashivratri.org/mahash...legends.html

Edited by - Shanti on Feb 23 2009 3:53:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  3:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was nice! Meditation felt deeper than when I do it "alone"
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  4:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for Nandhi Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  4:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi all and thk you for being present, i actually experienced a very deep state of unlimited emptiness for half of the session but then got back from it maybe bcz of Richard
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  4:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice and homely and loving to be with you all
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  07:17:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
hi all and thk you for being present, i actually experienced a very deep state of unlimited emptiness for half of the session but then got back from it maybe bcz of Richard

So its all my fault eh
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  12:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000