AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 crown chakra opening and suffism!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  06:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste my friends,

Christy’s post on root to crown spinal breathing (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=1), brought to my memory an experience and a lesson I learned in the past.

1st Pardon me if I bore you guys with my long story :D:

B4 coming to ayp, I’ve been into a lot of practices for about 7 years or so and by time I was kind of integrating together some of the practices I learned along the way from teachers and books here and there. (Christian mysticism, spirituality, advaita, zen, kriya yoga, suffism…)

I had a premature crown chakra opening before coming here due to these practices, precisely due to intense dedication to the practice of alternate nostril breathing pranayama and hitting the root chakra on my way down plus doing kumbhaka while at it.

When the crown chakra opened it was simply very beautiful and under control at 1st, but then after a while now and then there was a little more overflow of energy going up there.

so I started doing a lot of studies and search on the matter at hand and didn’t find but the advice that I should keep on what I’m doing and this advice simply felt wrong inside so I stopped my yogic practices and kept on being involved in prayer and suffism a lot .

Then by god’s grace i remembered that a forum exists on ayp’s site whom I’ve found a long while back but didn’t read anything in the main lessons except the stuff about ketchari.

So I published my first post on this forum concerning the opening i had and got a nice reply from Richard, and yogani validated the advice as well on email and about 6 to 7 days or so of spinal breathing pranayama and deep meditation things cooled down to my amazement and there it was I got hooked…

Now back to the suffist way, at the same time I started to be engaged in the practice of yogani’s lessons (in the 1st days b4 everything settled down) I had a discussion with a realized and knowledgeable real deal suffi I met a week b4 and a suffi like this one is very rare and the chance of meeting him was an honor for me and 2 other forum members here can validate what I’m saying about this guy.

So i told him about my story, and he said to me that this is a good sign and that suffis go through it as well and then told me that he’ll help me with what I’m going through and he did so by al mousarara (silent teaching) and he cleaned some of the impurities in my whole being and he did a bit of work on my crown chakra as well (and I must admit that things got a bit more settled after that incident).

after that he gave me the following advice on dealing with the crown chakra; he told me to just simply imagine a white light (not a yellow one) going down from above toward my head through my crown chakra to fill my whole body and that things will quiet down in a while if I keep on with that practice plus I would evolve spiritually.

So the white light is simply a big push for shiva to get off his butt and go down toward shakti… (same principles with different names working everywhere)

Now this practice works for suffis and is experience based and not a theory.

and suffism is a very beautiful and sure way to go back home for everyone interested in it out there, but speaking for myself my inside driver chose AYP as the car to drive for going home " obviously it was a good choice thk god :)".

Light and love,

Ananda

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  4:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Thanks for the lovely post.

You have had lot of experience with Sufism, Sufism says that all the illusions and delusions are created by the mind when we are not breathing properly. And if we breathe properly we would always be at peace,bliss and then there were will be no delusions and illusions arising.

How to breathe properly in terms of sufism?

kindest regards from my heart,
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  09:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello my friend, and you're welcome of course.

concerning the process of breathing in suffism well it differs between which tarika or way one follows.

bcz some of the sufi orders do breathing techniques like the naqshabandia in pakistan and most of them do not but the breathing and it's activity do become more refine like everything else in the body due to the practice of talawat el zekr.

which is the continues repeating of a ward (prayer given by authority from the sheikh) and talawat al zekr (continues repeating of the names of god during the ward and off it during the day) and those name of god which are in arabic do have a lot of common vibrational effects which are the same in yogic mantras.

like namah and the name Allah, they both have in common the ah which works directly on opening the heart chakra.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  1:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello again my friend,

just another point i'd like to give concerning the effects of the practice of talawat el zekr is that they are a lot the same effects of samyama which yogani mentioned and which i experienced.

oh and concerning breathing in suffism, you can say that it's more automatic than at will (like automatic yoga: kumbhaka, brastika....)

but it is aimed at in certain ways as mentioned above and some of it involves repeating the name of god while inhaling and exhaling.

kind of a similar practice to yogani's heart breathing you can say.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  6:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Thankyou for your reply.

What I read sometime back (in sufi tradition), was a way of breath known as Fikr, and

It does tell the effects of the breath like no more illusions and delusions etc, by following Fikr

but doesn't mention anywhere how to breathe in terms of Sufism/fikr. You might know about the way of breathing by Fikr,

I was able to find it again over the internet. Its at the following webpage:

http://www.katinkahesselink.net/sufi/fikar.html

"Therefore, by Fikr the Sufi sets his breath to the proper rhythm; and when it becomes a habit by a practice done every day, the Sufi's whole life becomes orderly and regular, because the rhythm in time becomes a habit of the breath. And while awake or asleep, the breath goes on rhythmically, keeping all pulsations in rhythm, on which the health entirely depends. The rhythm so produced by the breath keeps the thoughts in order, the will powerful, the memory in order, the feelings normal "

----------

kindest regards from my heart

Edited by - arzkiyahai on Nov 23 2008 7:17:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  01:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello again,

fikr is mindfulness (being aware of the mind, the thoughts...).

and here in the beautiful subject you shared with me, the aim is to watch the breath and be mindful of it.

this practice is a lot similar to the practice of zazen when watching the breath on the inhale and the exhale.

by this practice the mind is more under control, and the body is more relaxed plus you get to experience turiya (4th state of being) between breath inhale and exhale when watching it.

and this practice by time bcms very automatic and habitual and it has long time benefits both physically and spiritually.

by the way the same is happening here with me due to the practice of spinal breathing pranayama the one taught here at ayp.

salutations ,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  3:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Thankyou for your reply.

I have heard about Naqshabandi before, but I am curious to know What practices are involved in Naqshabandi?

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  03:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well that would be a very long story, there's chanting praying repeating of the ward wa talawat el zokr....

there's a lot of stuff in there, if you are interested in suffism i can introduce you to one if you like and you can ask him whatever you like via email.

speaking for myself, my spiritual practices only involve yoga more than anything else these days.

but the suffi way is as effective as yoga in taking one homeward, in the end it's what you feel deep inside what matters. (the guru is in you; where did we hear that )

if you want my friend's email just tell me, i'll send it to you in private.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  10:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ananda,

thankyou very much for your reply.

Just like you I am a yoga person too, I would also stick with AYP to be very honest, it is a wonderful set of practices.

But I surely am interested in knowing about sufism, over the years I have admired poems of Bulle Shah.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  12:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste my friend,

and i'm glad to hear that you've found a path for you homeward and are sticking to it. (that's a great sign)

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  02:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou from my heart brother for your blessings

Edited by - arzkiyahai on Nov 27 2008 03:44:18 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000