Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama experience.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rattan

South Africa
41 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  03:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have started doing the AYP practices at the beginning of this year. And as the time went on added practices as recommended. Recently I added Samyama.

Now on the scale of sensitiveness, what I can gather from reading the forum, emc for instance will be 3 or more standard deviations to the sensitive side, while it has always felt to me that I am 3 standard deviations to the insensitive side. It feels as if I can do what I like, I have never needed to do any self pacing, because I just don't feel very strong effects.

One of the things that Yogani says about Samyama : " It is very powerful. It is a mental kundalini technique that brings much energy up through the nervous system" And until now it was mostly just words. http://www.aypsite.org/150.html

So it was a huge surprise to me yesterday evening, after about two weeks of Samyama, when I started with the word "Love" and I immediately felt this very strong sensation of the "energy bliss" feeling that rose up in my body. It is incredible that such a simple practice, can have this powerful effect. I know it is all just scenery, but I am so ecstatic about this, I just had to share it here.

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  09:39:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to hear that. And it's gonna get even better! :))

As for the sensitiveness - always keep an eye on your symptoms. The practices silently build up momentum and then self-pacing may be needed sooner than expected.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  11:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rattan,

I agree with Tadeas. Sometimes it can be very hard to judge accurately how sensitive you are. I too thought I was about 3 "standard deviations" (haha, I like that) to the insensitive side, and about a month ago I decided to pack on the practices thinking that I could handle the overload symptoms should they arise, I didn't care, I just wanted to know for sure it was working the way it should. (this is/was stupid and is a little embarrassing to admit openly on the forum) But anyways, I noticed last Friday that I definitely needed to slow up on the practices. I started having much difficulty sleeping, intense need to stretch non-stop, emotional instability and more. What really triggered my realization though was getting into a large fight with my wife (over nothing) which pissed me off to the point of drinking (alone). Something I haven't done in a very long time. This was when I realized I really needed to cut back on the practices. I went back to 10mins of SBP and 20mins of DM twice daily, almost cutting my time and practices in half. And within two or three days I was back to my normal stable happy self. It took an entire month of excess practicing for me to notice that it was having a negative effect rather than a positive one. So be careful, you may think you are 3 to the "left" but you may be dead centre. Good luck.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000