AYP Helpers
 Book sales
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  4:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greeting:

Last year I placed Yogani's books in a new age consignment shop. (meaning I don't get paid until the item sells) I would return to the shop about once a month to see if there were any sales. Usually, maybe a book or two. But this time the sales were FANTASTIC 4 Deep Meditations,4 Spinal Breathing Pranayama,2 Secrets of Wilder and 1 Advanced Yoga Practices, almost $190.00 in sales. (approx.$85.00 profit for my efforts) I don't plan on getting rich doing this, but it is a great feeling knowing I had gotten the lessons into other hands. AYP offers a great discount for buying in volumn, check it out.
Guy

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  4:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great Robertjames

Let's hope sales keep rising!
It is high time Yogani got some currency for all the work he has put in over the years!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  7:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guy:

Thanks much for the feedback. That's good news.

Do you think "brick and mortar" stores are ready for the AYP books? If so, that would be an indication of rising public awareness on self-directed spiritual practice, and a significant shift. So far, we have been mainly an internet phenomenon.

Sooner or later, it has to spill over into the "real world," right? Bookstores, yoga studios, meditation groups, retreats, institutional research, etc.

If anyone wants to do similar consignment set-ups with local stores, see here for the quantity discount offer: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1248

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  10:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brick and Mortar? I don't think so. Not now. I think most big publishers, and big retailers (Simon and Schuster's and Barnes and Noble's etc.) want an author who wants to, and is willing to, go out and promote,promote promote. forgetaboutit ain't happenin. I'm certain AYP will be in most major book stores throughout the world in the very near future, but I see that strickly as a supporting role to AYP on the internet.
Guy

ps: We need to get the Flying Yogini flying!
Any suggestions anybody?
Question. What do you think would be an effective way to spread the AYP lessons to as many people as possible and how can we do it?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000