Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Genital Pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  12:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey Y'all

I've been experiencing some pain in the genital region. More towards the lower abdominal area where it meets the pubic hair. It kind of feels like a cramp. A lot of tenderness which I've been massaging a lot. And it feels like my genital muscles are stiff like they are contracted or something like that.

I'm attributing it mainly to practicing tantra although I did just hart back lower back very badly a little more than a week and a half ago too which could be causing it. It's mostly noticeable when I'm sitting up straight in a regular wooden chair at my computer. My habits have changed recently as with sex. I've been masturbating less, probably on average like every two days. And when I do, I usually use the hold back method, breathing techniques to spread out the orgasmic energy, clenching the PC to withhold ejaculation and trying to become really sensitive with the involuntary contractions during orgasm and ejaculation. I also do kegals regularly everyday too.

It's a really uncomfortable pain that I really want to clarify with others. I feel that maybe I'm messing too much with my system or something. I know there are perspective out there with tantra and alchemy that are really strict, and say that you are crazy doing it without a teacher. I'm thinking about just not masturbating at all for a while, and when I do, be really careful.

I mean I've been casually doing everything. I didn't just jump into a practice all of a sudden. I've read a decent amount over the last couple of years, and my approach is just like a steady, slow approach to it. Letting it happen over time.

I'd really appreciate some perspective on this.

Thanks

Michael Beloved

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  08:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Beloved's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It may be that the information you received about tantric sexual practices was partially incorrect and partially applicable to a particular cultural setting from the past. Most of the information coming from China, India or Japan was developed under totally different cultural conditions. Thus if we use this information in our time and place, it may produce contrary results.
In yoga masturbation is not part of the system. Patanjali for instance mentions celibacy, yogic style under the term of brahmacharya. If that word is taken apart it really means actions which foster spiritual development, or a sexual behavior which would promote focus on spiritual existence.
You are certainly causing your system pain because of the effort to contain the released sexual energy.
The hold back method, if you mean that you reach the stage of orgasmic release and then you try to keep the energy from being released out of the system, will result in pain and damage to the system on the physical and subtle levels. Here is why?
Once the sexual energy is charged in the direction of an orgasmic release, the system’s normal intention is to release that force into a female system for begetting progeny. That is nature’s intention, not just for human species but for other species as well, like dogs, bulls and others. Now if you take steps to stop that, it does not matter who advised you to do it, nature will try to react in an unfavorable way.
It would be better to take up kundalini yoga practice and do bhastrika or kapalabhati breath practice (breath of fire) and draw up the sexual energy in the proper way, rather than try to use nature’s begetting system and try to divert that unsuccessfully and cause yourself pain, and also insult nature’s system in the process.
In the system of kundalini yoga taught by Yogiji Harbhajan Singh, the same sexual energy is diverted but it is done without using the sexual release system, the masturbation system. In that system, the sexual energy is charged by breath force, prana and is diverted up the spine before it can get into the reproductive system. The word before in the previous sentence is absolute important. Please consider it. Why is it important? It is because you are then not clashing with nature’s powerful; reproductive way.
And why would I or you or anyone one of us want to work with the reproductive way and then avoid reproducing? There could only be one reason because we want to avoid having the hassles of responsibility. If I pass semen off into a woman’s vaginal passage and if she is in a fertile season, then the result will a child and that will cause liabilities. But the other side of that is pleasure. So the idea is that I could get some pleasure if I hold back the energy and divert its pleasure energy force into another part of the psyche.
So why not use Yogi Bhajan’s method and just divert the energy away from the genital area completely, since then there is a chance that it will burst in an orgasm up the spine into the head, where it is called kundalini or shakti’s and where the pleasure potency of it is felt up the spine and in the head.
My friendly advice is to get someone to show you how to do bhastrika pranayama, and teach you how to do it so that you can release the sexual energy into the spine and head without ever having to touch any part of the genitals for masturbation. That would be the real pain free self-tantric sex.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  12:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Michael Beloved, and welcome!

Just to clarify, the AYP holdback technique is not for blocking, but rather about cultivating in front of genital orgasm, whereby the sexual function is gently coaxed to natural expansion upward in the direction you describe. This is most effective if other yoga practices are engaged in daily, including deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama, and other methods you have alluded to, which are covered in the AYP Main Lessons linked at the top of this page.

The approach to sex and human spiritual transformation in AYP relies on the same principles you have mentioned, but works within the framework of normal sexual relations, whatever those may be for the practitioner, while easily favoring a course of methods that will aid in expanding the sexual function upward. In this way, the expansion of normal erotic life to normal spiritually ecstatic life will happen in due course, without imposing fixed rules of sexual conduct, which do not work for the broad population. The goal is to provide a clear and do-able path for people, beginning with wherever they happen to be in their sex life today.

Here, we define "brahmacharya" as the preservation and cultivation of sexual energy, and there are effective ways to accomplish this within any sexual lifestyle. For more on the AYP approach to sex and spiritual development, see the Tantra Lessons linked at the top of this page.
-------------

Eddie, the discomfort you are experiencing could be associated with your back injury, or it could be congestion from overdoing with tantric methods. Maybe a combination. In either case, the discomfort should be temporary. If it persists, then see a doctor. If there is energetic congestion, then it is suggested to self-pace practices (as you are doing) and make sure to get plenty of grounding activity (walking especially), minding not to aggravate your back, of course. There are more comfortable days ahead.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  1:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
great advice, from the both of you.
Yogani, it's always a pleasure. This place is great and I wish I was here more often. I intend to, now that I'm back in college, I decided to do a research paper of Tantra and spiritual sex practices for my Human sexuality class. This place is probably the best place I know of to get a wide range of perspective.

I think there needs to be some scientific study in this area. It would help the field so much. There probably is already (does anybody know?) Sexual practice as a means for spiritual growth in general would really benefit from scientific study.

Anyway, if anyone has any good sources that I can read from online, or any really good books, let me know.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

DivineAndrogen

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  01:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit DivineAndrogen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddie,
You may want to check out www.mm4m.org. This is a site that details Mindful Masturbation for Men. The principles and practices that are laid out are, I believe, in harmony with what Yogani is suggesting.
Best to you,
Kevin
www.evolutionaryyoga.com
www.evolutionaryeros.com

Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  12:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have had a very bad pain come from upwards flowing energy.
it would come up the front, twards the chi spot.
and would only happen if i hard a hard on for extended period of time, but no fluid creation. Ie if i was making out with a girl, but went to futher, this would happen.

Ive recently concluded the energy is going in the genital tubes, on the outer sides of the genitals. makes them very sensitive, and i do not believe the heat it meant to go this way.

I believe it is meant to go up the middle.

On another note, i believe it is the same channel, that when, during sex, or tantra, u squeeze, and the energy or fluid goes to the chi spot. this may be its way into the bladder itself, either way, it is the same channel that causes great pain and tenderness when dry heat ascend up in.

remember, the middle path.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000