Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Birds...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  10:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum.
I have a question but first I will give you a brief description about what's going on.
I am 34, since I was 20 something I experienced (when I go to sleep) what I came to know later on Internet as O.B.E., different ones, some scary and some nice ones where I could see myself with same shape but transparent, like water. Like 6 months ago I was getting them very often, sometimes I just stopped it before it happens and some I just recover consciousness out of my body. I can stop it when I hear some vibrations/noises on the back of my head, or trying to move after I realize my body is parallized. Then I started Yoga after being invited by a friend. Started reading about pranayama and meditation. The thing is that now, when I am in meditation, I come to a moment where I start hearing Birds!, lots of them like if I am in a Park or something like that. Then their singing starts transforming in a kind of...hmmm... supersonic twister on top of me and feels like it will suck me if I let go.
Now my question is does anyone ever experienced something like that?

Thank you for you attention.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  3:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my friend, i've experienced something similar to that but with different voices.

your case is what you might call (getting to an early premature crown chakra opening) the sucking effect shows it and it being above your head cz the crown chakra works like a vacuum of energy and without proper balance it's all havoc all arround the body. (kundalini horror stories)

thk god you came here, yogani layed down the best recovery gear from premature crown chakra opening.

i'm going to share this link with you, cz it looks like you're going the same path i've been before.

Crown chakra - Crown chakra-How to avoid/manage premature opening?
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2124

this stuff will help tonzzz.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  3:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ROO0
Welcome to the forum

Many experiences come and go on our journey home - both in- and outside meditation time. Hearing sounds while meditating (all kinds of sounds) is quite common. If possible- during meditation you should come back to the mantra anytime you notice you are off it. So instead of letting the bird sounds go, you yourself (attention) simply go back to the mantra.

Whether your case is a crown issue or not I cannot tell for sure, but the sucking feeling (and the OBE experiences) you are describing is - as Ananda points out - related to premature crown openings.

In such cases it is very important to self-pace - that is, don't overdo meditation time - or any other of your spiritual practises. Keep the balance. And stay completely away from the crown area with your attention.

How many minutes do you meditate? For how long do you do Pranayama? Did you start Pranayama and meditation together? Do you lead an active life outside meditation time - so that you ground well and are physically active? The answers to these questions will give us a better understanding of how to advise you.

So - to sum up:
Do not focus on the bird sound when you meditate. Choose to favor the mantra instead. If the bird sound makes it difficult for you to focus on the mantra, then you might benefit from reducing the meditation time....just enough (you try by reducing just a few minutes at a time) to make it possible for you to stay focused on "i am......i am....i am....." etc. and leave the birds to themselves Then, after things settle down and you have been stable in your meditation for a good many days/weeks, you can increase the meditation time again. A few minutes at a time until you reach the standard time (which is approx 20 min).

Best of luck with your practise
Go to Top of Page

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  5:22:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi! Thank you Ananda and Katrine, VERY MUCH.

I just bookmarked the link you posted, and will be checking it as soon as I get off work. I am glad I took the "NOT YET" way at the moment even though I was curious, because I don't even know what is having a proper balance, or how to reach it.

In answer to Katrine, I will get a mantra right now . I use to sit and focus on breath, air going up and down, until there was nothing to focus on, just a moving numbness on my head, like taking off a mask...well I don't know exactly how to put it.
Regarding meditation time, it is like something is taking me there, even if I am watching TV with my family, sometimes I start like stretching my spine as much as I can , exaggerated erect spine position, eyes going up and also my tongue would be touching my "I dont know bonny surface" is like stretching everything until I get to a really weird position (for which my wife name it "the stick in the XXX" asana, making fun of me).
At first I was meditating for about 15 minutes to 30 minutes. But now it goes up to three hours when everybody goes to sleep or I am by myself at home.
Pranayama duration, I don't know exactly, sometimes more than others. Usually until I feel like a wire that goes from the root chakra to the center of forehead, and I can feel it completely and not on a particular point.
Outside meditation, I work 9 hours a day, have a family (wife, daughter, and another one on its way). I play soccer, practice Hatha Yoga 2 times a week.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  02:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ROO0

I am at work right now, so don't have much time.

Just quickly chiming in to tell you two things:

When it comes to Deep Meditation - less is more. Sitting for 20 min twice a day is a much safer, balanced and constructive practise (meditating for hours like you do is very likely to cause unstableness in your system - and thus result in less ability to rest in Silence)

As for the mantra, you can read this link from Yogani

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

and I also strongly recommend reading Yoganis Main Lessons linked on top of this page

Got to go!

Good luck - and please don't hesitate to post further questions
Go to Top of Page

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  08:58:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Katrine.
I will go through the lessons, it looks very interesting.
The meditation duration even though sometimes goes for a couple of hours, it is when I finish (mostly because some part of my body starts feeling uncomfortable, usually legs)that I realize that more than an hour passed by already.
Should I set an alarm clock or something like that?

Sorry to bother you now. I will read the lessons and see if I can get answers from them.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  09:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ROO0

Yes - if you cannot come out of meditation by yourself, you can set the alarm (not too high, though......so that you don't startle)

quote:
Sorry to bother you now. I will read the lessons and see if I can get answers from them.

Don't be sorry - I am not

Enjoy Yoganis lessons - they are a fortune!
Go to Top of Page

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well now I've started reading the lessons, and also some experiences from other people, which are very helpful.
Also I kind of started getting some answers for some very scary experiences I had in the past, from being consciously paralyzed in bed and hearing people talking around me, or grabbing me, or trying to pull me out of my body, to other even more scary to the point that I wouldn't want to sleep for some nights (not to mention alone).

Also I identified that Jet Motor sound I used to hear before OBEs as the same as this twister with the sucking on top of my head. Only that now I can avoid it.

Well but now I am having some new experiences which I don't know how to interpret. One of them is bringing something from a dream just for a few seconds. This happened twice. One I was in the street and it was getting pretty windy so I opened the door and got inside but the wind was very strong, then I woke up and for a few seconds I could feel the wind on my face, also my hair moving because of the wind. The second one I was at home an some people were pushing me around, and I managed to lock them out, they were trying to grab me through the bars on the window. Suddenly I was flying in an orange tunnel, it felt really good, then I woke up and I was still in the tunnel but I could see my wife and daughter in the background watching at my weird face trying to focus on them until the dream vanished.

And the last thing is that yesterday I was watching TV with my family and I hear the wind very strong outside. But then I realized there was not wind. I was hearing that sound in my right ear, and it felt like it was getting stronger and moving again to the top of my head, so I stood up and start talking just to make it go away, it worked.
None of the mentioned experiences were scary at all, it is just my ignorance on all these new experiences that makes me wonder how to face all this.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  4:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RO0o.

Have you dropped your meditation times down as was suggested? It might not even hurt to let go of the practices for a week if these symptoms persist and see if that helps. If it does, you could eventually start slowly adding meditation back at maybe 5 minutes twice daily or something shorter like that and see what happens. To me it sounds like you are heading towards a full-blown premature crown awakening, and you don't sound like you want it, or are ready for it. Slow down, and start from the beginning maybe. Just a suggestion, don't have to take it.

In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  4:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ROO0

I agree with Carson - it is very important that you self-pace - i.e. reduce meditation time until you are stable. Sounds and different odd experiences might still be here; but more in the background and will therefore not confuse you or worry you to the same extent

The crown is definitely an issue for you.

I suggest you go to the Topic Index of Yoganis Lessons and read about

Crown Opening (avoiding premature)

here:

http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

And keep posting your questions

Good luck!

Go to Top of Page

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  4:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi!

Thank you for your suggestion. It is not that I don't want it, It is more like how would it affect the ones around me. My wife is pregnant , I have a 5 years old daughter. Also I need my job in order to support my family. So I think if all these experiences are like a spark of a full blown, don't know if I am able to handle it right now.
I am doing 20 minutes once a day, but I usually stop before the 20 minutes when the tingling on the crown gets strong. I usually feel (how to describe it? sorry I need to improve my english vocabulary)like a numbness or heavyness from my upper lip to the crown.
I will try 5-10 minutes or even drop it for a while since just sitting down relaxing, not meditating or practicing anything, is enough to get the thing going.
Go to Top of Page

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  4:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine!

Thank you for the advice.
I have gone through the links mentioned. I will go through them again in case I missed something. :)

I will sure come back with more question, thank you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000