Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 saltwater flush
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  11:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I did a saltwater flush last year and I was left feelign stripped on the inside. I liked how it cleansed some things out but I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to replenish myself when doing this type of cleansing.
thanks
I am peace, I am joy, I am love
I am neil

1cleverPretense

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  04:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit 1cleverPretense's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi neil,

I recently found a remarkable little booklet by Robert Gray entitled "The Colon Health Handbook". It is by far the most comprehensive and informative piece of writing which I have had the pleasure in reading on the subject of internal cleansing and even nutrition hands down. The guy really knew his stuff. I believe your question and almost any other you can begin to think of regarding internal cleansing shall be answered by this 75-page wonder.

If by saltwater flush you mean a colonic irrigation then I'd advise you to stick to just purified (non-chlorinated),spring or distilled water next time as otherwise you may be destroying the friendly bacteria in your intestinal lining. If that is the case then the author of the book I mentioned has a nifty trick which he calls rejuvelac which one can make by fermenting some cabbage and water for a couple of days. This ferment is teeming with the good bacteria which you may have lost due to the flush. If you want directions for making the rejuvelac just ask and I'll be happy to provide it. Hope this helps..

Be Well

sf

Edited by - 1cleverPretense on Oct 03 2008 04:48:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

1cleverPretense

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  10:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1cleverPretense's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
greetings all,

Thanks for your note, holy. The following is the author's instructions for making cabbage rejuvelac from the 14th edition of his book..

"..start one morning by blending together a little less than 2 cups (1-3/4 cups)of distilled or purified water plus 3 cups of coarsely chopped, loosely packed fresh cabbage plus a pinch (1/8 tsp.) of dry, granulated garlic. Start blender at low and then advance to high speed and blend for 30 seconds. Pour into jar, cover, and let stand at room temperature for 3 days. On 3rd day strain off the liquid rejuvelac. The initial batch of cabbage rejuvelac takes 3 days to mature, but succeeding batches take 24 hours each. Each morning after straining off the fresh rejuvelac, blend together for 30 seconds at high speed 1-1/2 distilled/purified water plus 3 cups coarsely chopped, loosely packed fresh cabbage plus 1/8 teaspoon of dry, granulated garlic. Pour that into jar. Add 1/4 cup of the fresh rejuvelac just strained off, cover, shake, and let stand at room temperature until the next morning.

Good quality rejuvelac tastes similar to a cross betwen carbonated water and whey obtained when making yogurt. Bad quality rejuvelac has much more putrid odor/taste and should not be consumed. Always avoid using tap water when making rejuvelac because chlorine has been added to it for the purpose of killing bacteria of any kind (even the good kind).
......Drink each day's rejuvelac 1/2 cup three times per day preferably with meals. ....Refrigerate your freshly strained rejuvelac if it is to be kept overnight. Discard rather than drink any rejuvelac on hand 24 hours after it is poured off from the cabbage.
......Rejuvelac contains live lactobacteria. Once freeze-dried, lactobacteria die in a few week's time. The count of live lactobacteria may be satisfactory when the freeze-dried acidophilus tablets leave the manufacturer, but very often has fallen to an insignificant level by the time the product reaches the consumer. Furthermore, store-bought liquid acidophilus culture is usually an even less reliable source of live lactobacteria than freeze-dried acidophilus tablets."

I hope this information may be of help to any and all who are interested in their physical health.

Cheers,
shervin

Edited by - 1cleverPretense on Nov 12 2008 10:44:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  6:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can make Rejuvelac with grains too. I have made it with sprouted wheatberries.
Go to Top of Page

GoldenLakshmi

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  8:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit GoldenLakshmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brother Neil,

With regards to the salt water flush you did last year.... tell me more about what you did... did you do the long version, or the short. Was is over 7-10 days or 2 hours?

GoldenLakshmi
Go to Top of Page

GoldenLakshmi

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  7:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit GoldenLakshmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brother Neil,

I was going to wait for you to answer but thought it might be more helpful just to go for it.

With regards to the salt water flush - and your feeling of being stripped inside - I am thinking you did a longer version either an all 'day'er or a longer cleansing of about a week.

When we do the longer version, it strips the digestive system of this mucusy lining. This mucusy lining in healthy people acts as a protective layer to the digestive system.

When we cleanse this layer away it can be a great renewl to the body but the re-introduction of food needs to be very calculated. Sometimes the practitioner begins to eat normal foods too quickly without lining the digestive system again. In Ayurveda they do this with Kitchari - a mix of rice and mung bean dal: receipe here: http://www.ayurveda.com/online_reso...i_recipe.htm

It's high in Ghee and therefore lines your digestive system nicely.

It takes about a week or so of carefully eating plain gentle food before you get back to normal after a long cleanse otherwise one can get quite sick as the digestive tract is very vulnerable.

Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000