AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 heart and head pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theileon

5 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  05:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit theileon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello, i have been engaged in the Yogani meditations for about a year and half.... i am up to the stage of yoni mudra kumbhaka... recently i seem to have chest pain, an overly strong heart beat, not just in meditation (though it seems even stronger at this time) sometimes short of breath, aswell as headaches and strange pins and needles sensations in parts of my body. i think normally i ama healthy person... i have stopped practices completely.....it has been two weeks and i still have these problems. i think it was maybe caused by combining the methods with those of Mantak Chia. I have stopped those now also.....any advice? will these sensations disappear with time?

thank you all,

the ileon

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  06:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi theileon

Its never a good idea to combine powerful systems like that all sort of problems like this can arise, but before we can give any advise I would seriously suggest you get checked out at the docs just to make sure there is nothing physically wrong, its very easy to confuse yoga overloads and physical problems so go get yourself checked out first just to be on the safe side.

Go to Top of Page

theileon

5 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  06:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit theileon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah i have had the normal checks for health ( blood tests, blood pressure, examination by doctor) and everything is fine. it does seem to be an energy related problem.....
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  07:46:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If its an energy related problem it will ease and stop altogether in time yes, but worrying about it wont help that will produce stress and the symptoms of that are just what you describe here.

There is no rush with anything just relax and when the symptoms ease try gradually reintroducing just a short I AM meditation to start with maybe 10 mins only twice a day, If this works out OK you can gradually increase it to 20 mins then start adding other practices again.

Some people are very sensitive to meditation and the answer is always self pace

See this lesson

http://www.aypsite.org/160.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000