New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  1:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Wow,i didnt know about the extended booklist section.
My sincere and humble congratulations yogani,you are creating and incredible huge source of knowledge with ayp.And in the best place for reaching maximum spiritual searchers:the world wide web.
Im really overwhelmed.

Hi Miguel:

The tool box keeps growing. More importantly, those who are using the tools keep growing by their own effort.

Bravo!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  4:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is one important thing in ayp also.The open quality of this place,where all we can show our ideas and they are listened by others.all can give our "2 cents".Its not very usual i think in spiritual brotherhoods,and its very important and apreciated by its "members".
Its very important to keep this open mind over the long term.Its not an easy task,due to our human limited nature.
This is the most important "master key" all we need to preserve over the long,long term.
We are joining here a real gift in our spiritual path.It must be valued highly by all of us (im sure all we do it).
We have an incredible luck that others in the past didnt have.
If this is happening now,it means all we are prepared for that and this is the right time.
AYP is "very young" now,and like with old ancient religions,that early times were the best (the pure essence of teachings shined with great intensity),and with time,long time,many good things dissapeared.
Its very important to value this moments,and keep its pure essence over the long term.
Im sure we can do it together.

Light and love.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  11:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Yogani,

I am very privileged and lucky to be here.

I love the open source nature of ayp, it's non-sectarian perspective/presentation and it's blending of science and ancient wisdom, by way of clarity of explanation.It struck a deep chord with me, initially when reading your beginning lessons ( which i am still reading).It's power,efficacy and sophistication & the beautiful explanations which really resonated with me.How you explain yoga makes a great deal of sense.

I was in the relative yoga wilderness these past few years armed with only a few tools,and having encountered obstacles.In fact i got into quite a bit of bother pretty early on in my yoga path> i may have searched another 20 years here & there and everywhere, for this info., but no you have kindly put all up on a website. Humanity is at a stage of it's own technolgical evolution where the informaion age can herald an openens and free sharing of such tools etc. I am simply iin awe of the tool box, and sense i am in the presence of a true yoga master,and v privilged to hae the guidance and decades of experience and wisdom you have amassed and selflessly share here.

I would stilll be in that wilderness( a great deal of fortunate karma must have brought me here- like a bee to pollen i had to try out what you write about in those fantastic Lessons) had i not stumbled upon your site.

I am here for the long-haul.Whatever it takes,however long it takes, i'm prepared to do it.

So i'll be follwoing your lessons and the practices conatined within them.This time i will be observing self-pacing,ahhh, that lovely principle.

I have certainly has some changes since 6wks ago,but sense there may be more to come..

I feel my toolbox is FULL and look forward to seeing what it can do.

My hunch is that ayp is possibly one the best most integrated and all-encompasing systems out there.I guess it could be tailored in the manner of open-source particular ot the individual.Opens-source both in terms of the nature of the community ( we are all One) like Miguel says and in terms of the nature of horizontal transmission of the teachings, peculiar to an information age.

But like you say practitioners have to try out the practices, themself, that is put the wheels into motion to harvest the fruit.

I really was in the darkness, but it looks like things may well be changing, if i put in 120% (gentle) self-effort on my part.

Yours humbly,with gratitude,
Another Aspirant.

Edited by - Akasha on May 29 2009 12:29:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  09:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I can see the translation into german has only reached lesson 36. Is that true?

Maybe I could go on translating other lessons.

Edited by - kashiraja on Feb 18 2010 09:46:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  11:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kashiraja

As far as I can see the translation into german has only reached lesson 36. Is that true?

Maybe I could go on translating other lessons.

Hi kashiraja:

That would be wonderful. I will email the person administering the German translation site, Wolfgang, with copy to you, and hopefully the German translation can be carried forward.

It is also possible to copy from the existing translation and then carry it forward on your own site, with the link added to the AYP website where many can find it. This has happened with the Spanish translation, and it is fine. Whatever can get the job done.

Many thanks, and all the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  3:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

A new translation link for German has been added to the listings in the first post of this topic and on the links page of the main website.

This translation is carrying on with new lessons, beyond the work that was done years ago, and is being provided by Bernd. Thank you Bernd!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  02:30:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can help with translating more lessons in Hebrew if needed and my friend said she could help with Spanish.
Let me know.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  05:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A warm wellcome to all the spanish translators!

Go to Top of Page

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  09:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So how does one go about starting or continuing with translation?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  11:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

A new AYP lessons translation link for Norwegian has been added to the listings in the first post of this topic and on the links page of the main website.

Katrine has recently started this one, among her many other projects to help spiritual practitioners in Norway and Ireland. Thank you Katrine!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  11:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ConsciousEvolution

I can help with translating more lessons in Hebrew if needed and my friend said she could help with Spanish.
Let me know.

Peace

Hi ConsciousEvolution:

That's wonderful!

There are two possible paths. First is to contact the active translator, if any, and see if a combined effort can work. I say "if any" because several of the translations are not being actively worked on. In some cases, the former translator may not be reachable anymore.

If there can be a collaboration, great. Try for that first, as the translation work can go faster that way.

If a collaboration is not feasible, for whatever reason, then you are free to use what has been done (copy it), start your own site, and continue on translating new lessons. It may seem to be a sloppy approach, with multiple translations out there at various levels of completion, but this is the best way I have found to keep the translations going. It is challenging work, and no one is to be faulted for stopping after while. The main thing is for others who are inspired to be able to pick up what has been done and run further with it. That way, eventually all the translations will be done.

I will be happy to list any new translation links on the AYP website and forums.

Maybe Miguel can use some help. The Spanish translation is up to Main Lesson 90 and Tantra Lesson 4.

The Hebrew translator is Yonatan. You can find an email link for him by clicking on his ID in the member list or anywhere in the forums. (There is an email link on the Hebrew website too.) The Hebrew translation is up to Main Lesson 17. If you can help it go further, that would be terrific.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  02:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi conscious,

If your friend wants to translate some spanish lessons that would be great.He/she only have to sent them to me and i will publish them.Would be great to know wich lessons is he/she going to translate before.Just send me a mail when you want clicking in my forum ID.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  03:12:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

Do i see it right, that there are two german translations which end up early in the pranayama part?

If so, and im willing to translate, can i use these resource and start a new site? How free am i in design questions? Its just that it would be a lot more fun, not only to translate but also to place it in a whole new environment... because these german resources are rather... not so... beautiful as they could be :)

Thanks
Pan
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  10:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau

Hey,

Do i see it right, that there are two german translations which end up early in the pranayama part?

If so, and im willing to translate, can i use these resource and start a new site? How free am i in design questions? Its just that it would be a lot more fun, not only to translate but also to place it in a whole new environment... because these german resources are rather... not so... beautiful as they could be :)

Thanks
Pan

Hi Pan:

You can do whatever you like with presentation, as long as you are not altering the content of the lessons (including mixing with other content like reader discussions on the same page), and link back to the main English website so readers can find us.

FYI, the German translation listed first is active (the second is inactive). The translator is kashiraja. You may want to drop him a line to see if a joint effort makes sense. Or do your own thing, as described in my post above. If you develop a site, let me know the link so we can add it to the list. The one with the most lessons completed goes on top.

Many thanks, and all the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  11:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah ok i see, thanks for the info! So you´re motivating us through our ego? Im gonna get my translation to nr1 haha! :)

I just wondered about the translation of "i am" which kashiraja translated as "AYAM" (which sounds different to me).
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  11:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau

I just wondered about the translation of "i am" which kashiraja translated as "AYAM" (which sounds different to me).

It is the same sound as the English words "I AM," however that may be spelled in German. In English "AYAM" is pronounced the same. AYAM can be viewed as a Sanskrit derivation, which would be pronounced the same everywhere. This additional spelling was provided in the lessons to make it clear that the mantra is a sound without meaning used in deep meditation. The important thing is to convey the sound, not any meaning.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  1:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jup, thats what i meant, because AYAM sounds different in our language when spoken out without english knowledge, and its not clearly described in the translation. Anyway, i should pm this to kashiraja.
Go to Top of Page

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  04:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Miguel: Looks like my friend is quite busy and won't be able to do any translation work these days.

However, I wouldn't mind putting my Spanish to the test one of these days by doing some translation work but only if someone can go over them before publishing because they might not be up to par.

In the meanwhile, I'm helping out with Hebrew.

I just wanted to express my gratitude because notwithstanding being a native-speaker in both English and Hebrew, having to translate the lessons from English to Hebrew requires piercing deeper than the first time I had read them and is providing me with precious clues and insights in a time when they are highly needed by me as I am experiencing some difficulties with the Deep Meditation process.

Thanks!

Love.

Peace.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  10:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi conscious,

All your efforts (you and your friend) would be very wellcome here and a great helping hand.Dont worry about "the quality" of the translations,i can review and correct them before publishing.No problem.
If youre gonna do it please,send me a private message and will tell you wich lessons you and your friend can translate (we must organize the work and theres another person that is going to translate some lessons also).

Many thanks.

Edited by - miguel on May 14 2010 10:22:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  12:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there,

As far as i have seen, it seems like kashiraja is translating in another style then i do. I like to keep it as exact as possible to the original.

The site is now online, dont know how much the design may change, but i like to keep it simple :)

No translated lessons yet, but time will tell :P

http://exec.at/AYP/

Atb,
Pan
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  1:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pan:

When you have some lessons up there (say at least 5-10), let me know and we can post the link then.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  4:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A question for Yogani:

I'm translating from English to Hebrew right now, at a pretty good pace.
Reading through my translations, they look alright. They seem professional and the vocabulary used is quite good.
The original meaning is conveyed.
The thing is, that they feel mechanical to some extent. There's something a bit lifeless about them.
Remember, Hebrew does not come from Latin so it's quite a different language.
I've been trying to be very loyal to the original text but the problem is that that somehow renders my translations a bit cold, with not enough soul. On the other hand, I might have to wander off quite a bit from the original in order to render them friendlier and more soulful, and then they might not be as accurate and loyal to the original text as they are now.

Anyway, you get my drift...

So? What's your advice? What are the guidelines, what's the preference?
In short, may I take the liberty to simplify it and make it more user-friendly in Hebrew, a different language, or do I stay loyal to source as literally as I can?

Thank you Kindly,

CE

Edited by - ConsciousEvolution on May 15 2010 4:18:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  6:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, it's a fine point :)

What I'm asking myself while translating is this: am I understanding, am I seeing what is actually written? And then, if yes, how do I express this in my language? When you work like this - reexpressing the deeper idea because you see what is being pointed to in a particular sentece - then translation is not mechanical. It comes with time. Also, you'll get used to Yogani's style and you'll find the best ways to express certain phrases he uses repeatedly. Then it's also easier.

I think in every translation something gets lost. And it depends on the translator if he can keep the text alive throughout. Definitely keep it alive! ... while expressing the original idea :)

Enjoy the work & finding the sweet spot. :)
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  02:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with tadeas.

Dont be very rigid with the translations.You need to find your own stile and make it confortable to the readers without losing the message and the main idea of the text.But some adaptation to your language is necesary.

In my first steps i used to translate with 100% fidelity to the original but i realized that the lessons sounded a little strange and were a little dificult to read.So i had to open my mind a little an lose my fears and started tranlating in a more relaxed way and thinking in the potential spanish readers.After all the lessons are translated in your language for them.

I started enjoying more the work since this decision and the message and original intention is 100% there too.It happens with a little practice.

this is my experience.

Edited by - miguel on May 16 2010 02:49:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  05:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

Tadeas wrote:

quote:
Hi, it's a fine point :)

What I'm asking myself while translating is this: am I understanding, am I seeing what is actually written? And then, if yes, how do I express this in my language? When you work like this - reexpressing the deeper idea because you see what is being pointed to in a particular sentece - then translation is not mechanical. It comes with time. Also, you'll get used to Yogani's style and you'll find the best ways to express certain phrases he uses repeatedly. Then it's also easier.

I think in every translation something gets lost. And it depends on the translator if he can keep the text alive throughout. Definitely keep it alive! ... while expressing the original idea :)

Enjoy the work & finding the sweet spot. :)

Yes, this is exactly my experience too.
Translating the original words written from silence also allows for a deepening into our own essence, and therefore also allows for a deeper understanding. From silence....all the solutions will come. So if in doubt......as Gregory Kramer stresses in Insight Dialogue: Pause, relax and open. This is also a good way to begin every translation session. ALL is supporting this work.

The aliveness of the text is you: Inner silence. Trust that it will deliver the words. You will recognize the feeling inside when it is just right.

Time is so beautiful isn't it......how else could we ripen?

We do the best we can, and and that is always good enough.

Lost in translation,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000