New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  4:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since 2004 there have been a number of international translations of the AYP online lessons undertaken.

The online lesson translation sites (more than 15) are listed on the main website International Translations page.

Translations of the AYP books, beginning with "Deep Meditation," can be found on the main books page.

Note: On 12/3/08, a Google Automated Translation Tool covering about 60 languages was added at the bottom of all website and forum pages. 35 languages appear in the translator icon pull-down menu, and nearly 60 languages in another pull-down menu once the translator is launched with any language. The Google automated translations are gradually improving over time, and can be helpful with AYP lessons and forum discussions that are not covered in the human (manual) translations above.

The people who have been doing the international translations are the unsung heroes of AYP, and have my deepest gratitude. Because of them, many around the world have been able to read the lessons who would not have access to them otherwise.

If you are interested in translating part or all of the AYP lessons to another language, or assisting on an existing translation effort, please contact me directly. It is a wonderful way to help others, while at the same time deepen your experience of yoga. Here is what one translator had to say about his experience:

"I did a translation of the AYP site into Bulgarian, my native language. While doing this I have had experiences very similar to the shaktipat..."
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....C_ID=350#336

The other translators have had similar experiences. In fact, I too consider myself to be a translator of the lessons -- into English from the original Inner Silence - Pure Bliss Consciousness -- and the experience of being filled with divine light by the work has been the same for me.

So, there is much to be gained from doing a translation of the AYP lessons. In the giving, we receive a thousand times over.

Any questions or comments you may have on international translations are welcome here.

The guru is in you.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  09:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A German translation of the AYP lessons has been started at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AYPdeutsch/

Thank you!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  4:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yogani,
you wrote in the other forum:
On your Dutch translation of the lessons, that is great news. Do you have any inclination to post it on a website or moderator-posted only Yahoo group as you go, so others can read it? Of course, in Holland, most everyone reads English already, don't they? So maybe it is not so critical like in other countries. End of Quote.

First of all, I would never post it on a website without your approval:-) But yes, I am translating it for the benefit of those Dutch & Flemish people who are both not well versed in English (and outside of Amsterdam there are many), as well as who really want to go for it (and there may not be many, I mainly know of many shoppers). And as I translate it and osmose with it, I really absorb it very well, and that is a gift for me.

However, in this world of many shops as well catering for the shoppers:-), wow wouldn’t it be nice of there was true purity in the teachings, that’s what I like about the anonymous thing and that it is free, you can’t get it purer than that, without any self interest.
Furthermore, the idea of self pacing and crediting the practinioner with responsibility for themselves will be soooo much the solution for the next decade or so:-) Freedom invokes responsibility, but taking responsibility brings freedom, I could rave over this idea with another long letter (which Wolfgang might like:-)

I am a strong believer in the possibilities of the internet and have used it myself getting groups of likeminded people together and supporting them from all over the place, people who would never meet otherwise. It feels like a true manifestation of the principle of unity in freedom, each one at their own unique pace, space, and time, yet connected.

Now as to what I envision with regard to posting it on the web, frankly I was just going to translate them all first and then simply offer them to you. However, I can see the merit of publishing a new one weekly or biweekly or whatever already and just start.
I am not so fond of the Yahoo format.
I dont know whether you have huge amounts of space left on your website to cater for INDEED a relatively small group and have them posted on there (I can ftp:-) , but there are other ways, I’ve a friend who can help me set up something either completely free on a kind of blogsite, or what is maybe better, just get a site from him and a domain for a low price, I’m sure he will help me with that and the remainder of the costs I can donate. So you choose the URL, www.aypsite.nl ?

Now as to how far I ‘ve got, ---this summer I rediscovered pen and paper. Picture me sitting in the sun under a few lovely pinetrees in a sacred space translating these lessons at leisure. Not only have I a lot to do otherwise, but I am slow in these things anyway, so I may only do 2/3 lessons per week... My intention was to make use of the wonderful weather and get as much as possible transcribed and then enjoy myself on the computer in the winter typing it out, then it will have had the process of two times going through the text and that improves it.
My sister is on a visit currently and she is very qualified as an editor (just left a job in editing a magazine). She also meditates and is extremely interested in this material. So she will go over the text for me.
Translating into Dutch is a funny thing, I have absolutely no problems any longer to do so, (that’s another story, I do think it was a gift from PY) but the Dutch culture is Calvinistic, and in truth, we have no spiritual foundation in our language. But as the “right” energy gets into the texts (I hope), it will appeal to the part of truth within all, (I also hope) :_)

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  5:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogini:

Yes, by all means, do it. The internet medium (website, blog, etc.) and URL are your choice. Whatever works best for you and your readers. Sorry, I can't accommodate it on the AYP site.

The AYP website materials are fair game for translation and public viewing on the web. That is what they are for. Just provide one or more links back to www.aypsite.org for reference.

Beyond the online lessons are the AYP books, which are not available for free web viewing. If you want to translate the books, then we are talking about publishing books in Dutch, which would be wonderful. We can work with whatever your inclinations are.

Regarding open source practices, freedom and responsibility, you can bet I was holding my breath when AYP first went out for public viewing -- there have been so many dire predictions about how people will hurt themselves with open access to powerful spiritual practices. Well, it is not true. Everyone has been very responsible and actually brilliant in applying the practices with self-pacing. The level of responsibility displayed by everyone has been so impressive that there is even a short lesson on the subject here: http://www.aypsite.org/217.html

It is exactly the opposite of the dire predictions -- more information leads to more responsibility, while less information leads to more desperate measures and more danger. So much for the dire consequences of open source spiritual practices.

Once you have a URL let me know and we can post it.

My Dutch genes say, thank you. Oops, the secret is out. Yogani wears wooden shoes and lives in a windmill in Florida!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2006 :  05:49:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yogini

Furthermore, the idea of self pacing and crediting the practinioner with responsibility for themselves will be soooo much the solution for the next decade or so:-) Freedom invokes responsibility, but taking responsibility brings freedom, I could rave over this idea with another long letter (which Wolfgang might like:-)

Hey Yogini, you really seem to know me,
right on the spot !

As concerning to web-space: I am willing to provide enough space
on my website, only the name of the website is not directly
indicating AYP or yoga (it would be at http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de )
Feel free to contact me if you want to use my webspace.

Love and Light
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2006 :  5:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang,
Wolfgang: wow, superb! I couldn't find your personal emailaddress and "contact" on your site does not work.... anyway,
I made a sample page, for I was sending this to this friend whom I thought could maybe create a free blog page for that once he had secured an URL, but this might be a much better idea, transgressing borders of countries all over:-) how would we go about uploading such pages at your site? I could ftp but well, you would have to give me your codes, uch, ...

Yogani: less information leading to more extreme measures and danger, (from your post above), well, I have read some more comments of other people on this board meantime (in the Amazon bookcomment section), and I think they all feel the same in this respect as I do, it was a revelation to read the information in the lessons and I can only NOW, after that I have this information, understand how much of my fears and/or interpretations were based on non information, riddles, and puzzles that occupied me endlessly (and needlessly) for years, making things up to figure things out, and going on faith (but faith in what...) I had no idea before. So I can understand the relevancy of what you say ENTIRELY

All the best!

Edited by - yoginstar on Sep 26 2006 4:34:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  11:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogini informed me about the progress for dutch translation.
I provided the webspace and she uploaded the files.
The first pages can be viewed at:

http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de/AYP/index.html
http://www.odysseyofthesoul.de/AYP/overz.htm

As for the german translation: I joined the yahoo-group
and I am now set up and ready for posting.
As for the speed and amount of translations: can't promise anything,
so, don't blame me if nothing happens ;-)

regards
Wolfgang

Edited by - Wolfgang on Oct 04 2006 11:22:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  11:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much, Yogini and Wolfgang.

Looks great, even if I can't read it.

Just a reminder to translate the "I AM" (AYAM) mantra phonetically for sound, and not for meaning.

I will add the Dutch link to the AYP translations list once a few more lessons are done. Same goes for your German effort, Wolfgang. Post the link here whenever you are ready.

Carry on!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2006 :  3:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
re AYAM and I AM
If I pronounce AYAM, I would do that differently than if I would pronounce I AM. I translated I AM phonetically in how the English I AM sounds. ((That would be AYEM)
AYAM to me means that both A's pronounce like the A in Advanced... is this correct and should I AM then sound like that?

I have a few weeks of travel before me, and just returned from France, the translations of the next lessons will probably be a one or two next week, they just need typing out, and then in November onwards, I dont know yet how I'm off for time next week, not a whole lot currently (Full Moon coming up, grin.) It's truly a gift for me to translate them though, I tend to do them still (writing them down on paper first) even without having the time:-) I am in an excessive learning curve with them, again with answers to questions which I never had had answered before, and it is wonderful of Wolfgang to put up the space so easily. All the best! J.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  04:13:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I would write the german phonetic sound of IAM, it really
looks funny: "eihjähm"
A good idea may be to show the AYAM and your dutch version to a person
who is not familiar with english (which may be quite
difficult for dutch people).
Show them the words printed out and let them pronounce it.
See what results you are getting and when it gets close enough
write down two approximations.

About the webspace: no prob
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2006 :  10:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogini and Wolfgang:

There have been long discussions on the pronunciation of the "I AM" (AYAM) mantra here in the forums. There is no perfect version of it, and neither is it crucial. But we do need a reasonable starting point.

The pronunciation I intend in the lessons is "I AM" as they say it on the American or British evening news -- minus the meaning, of course.

Deep meditation is an inner picking up of the sound vibration in thought, soon fading to fuzziness where the pronunciation becomes indistinct. It is only a faint feeling at those very silent levels of the mind, with corresponding slow-down in body-wide neurobiological activity. In following the procedure of deep meditation, we may come back to the mantra faintly and indistinctly also, depending on the course of purification occurring in the nervous system, which determines the level of our mental activity. We gently favor less, letting the mantra refine naturally.

So, in the translations, we are giving a starting point for deep meditation. The "I AM" sound vibration is what we use in AYP. The same goes when we are adding mantra enhancements, which come later in the lessons. The mantra enhancements provide a broader starting point in thought and, upon refinement in deep meditation, give us a bigger footprint in inner silence.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2006 :  1:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogini and Wolfgang:

The Dutch translation site has been added today to the links sections of the three AYP websites and main AYP Yahoo group. The list has also been updated at the beginning of this topic. The German translation site (a joint effort) has already been posted in all these places for some time.

So, currently, we have six translation sites in all. Thank you translators!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  6:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool!
I mentioned on the Dutch site that one new translation per week will be added. I've just come back from a trip (trying to meditate on the plane, totally unsuccesfully, as I fell asleep:-) ) but hope to get back in the rhythm also with placing further translations online later on in this week. It's great to be able to tell people where to go to with confidence in this era, both in English and in Dutch as far as I am concerned!
Thanks!
Best!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  10:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

A Czech translation of the AYP online lessons has begun here -- http://ayp.cz/ There are plans to include a forum as well.

Also, several have asked about translating the AYP books into other languages. While this can be a challenge with all the hurdles associated with publishing physical books, it can be very easily done in eBook form. PDF eBooks in any language can be downloaded directly from the AYP website for a small cost, like is presently being done for the special edition English versions with audio introductions. An eBook can be printed, so it can go into physical form that way. To publish a translated AYP book, all that is needed here is a formatted MS Word document in the translated language, and it can be converted into PDF eBook form for download through the AYP website.

Many thanks to all who are translating!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  09:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

A translation of the AYP online lessons to Arabic has begun here: http://www.bafree.net/forums/showth....php?t=75280

or --- http://www.ebnalnil.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34423
(This site has certain posting requirements to gain access -- see instructions there.)

A hearty welcome to Arabic readers everywhere!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  1:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

A translation of the AYP online lessons to Portuguese has begun here: http://ayppt.wordpress.com

A hearty welcome to Portuguese readers everywhere!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  2:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

A "Google Translator" tool has been added on a test basis at the bottom of every AYP website and forum page, providing automated translations from English to about 35 other languages.

I don't know if the translator tool is very accurate, and would appreciate feedback here from anyone knowledgeable in any of these languages.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  2:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome idea Yogani!
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  2:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I tested the portuguese translation. Not great, very loose meaning, and most of the time it does not make sense. There are parts that are ok but then other setences are just a mess, complicating the overall picture. I am actually quite surprised how such a simple internet tool can make any sense at all but for a person really wanting to understand and knowing only portugues it is no good. On the other hand, if a person knows a bit of english and only have a few doubts, then this tool can help to clarify them. In those cases it may be helpful.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  2:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Hindi translation look pretty good. I am impressed.

It logs you out when you translate the page.. and when you log back in.. the page goes back to English.

It's funny when some of the usernames are translated to the Hindi words... like Bill and Porcupine..

Some words don't get translated.. not sure why. like Siddhasana.. I would think that would be an easy one to translate.

The lessons get translated too.. that is a big help I'm sure.

I will look some more.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  2:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will agree with YogaIsLife.. it is kinda jumbled.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  2:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogaislife and Shanti:

Thanks for the feedback. I figured accuracy would be mixed. The question is whether it will be a help or a hindrance to keep the translation tool on the website.

The AYP lessons are the main reason I installed it, and was not even sure if it would work at all in the forums due to the technology differences. It is nice that it does work in the forums. It's a good thing people cannot sign in when in other language modes. We don't want to encourage posting here in Portuguese, Hindi, Chinese, etc.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  3:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: It is not expected that the Google translator tool can replace the fine translation work occurring on the dedicated translation sites listed at the beginning of this topic.

The tool might help with AYP lessons not yet translated by knowledgeable practitioners, or for languages that are not being covered so far.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  09:23:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi yogani,

i wish the google translator could work fine but it doesn't.(it
would make a breakthrough in translating a lot of stuff which are very much
needed)

there is another program which i started using 2 weeks back, named "Babylon" that
translates the words from english to arabic in a great way but it doesn't work that great on paragraphs. (then it becomes mumbo jumbo)

up there i'm speaking concerning the translation from english into Arabic of course.

but from english to french i think it's nice. (maybe it
would work out nicely with other western languages as well)

some of the translators might find this too useful, there is a free trial that comes with it as well.

this is the link for the trial download:
http://www.babylon.com/downloads.html

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  09:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda:

Thanks much for the feedback and suggested alternative for Arabic.

Yes, we are a long way from accurate automated translating, so don't give up your great translating effort for putting the AYP lessons into Arabic!

The good news is that automated translating will keep improving over time, and Google will surely be a leader in this due to their global reach and vested interest in world languages. So hopefully the Google translator gadget will get smarter in a few years.

More feedback from everyone on the Google (or any other) translator is welcome here. The more input we have, the more new ideas and solutions will be stimulated.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  5:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello yogani and thk you.

and since it's out in the open that i am the arabic translator, i would just like to attest to the credibility of this part in the intro on this post:

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

"I did a translation of the AYP site into Bulgarian, my native language. While doing this I have had experiences very similar to the shaktipat..."
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....C_ID=350#336

plus i think that the fast success i'm having with the practices has a lot to do with the translation i've done till now.

and it's an honor to be part of smthg this great and it's a good way to help others plus leave a good trace behind (karma yoga).

namaste my brothers and sisters,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000