Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 kundalini practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

madhuheal

India
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  02:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit madhuheal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Respected Yogini,
First of all let me thank you for the kindness given by you to the humanity.I have been practicing yoga for the past 22years.but none the so called guru's are willing to part the knowledge without a exorbitant fee.Infact I have the feeling the spirituallity should not be for sales.Of course except the books,or may be online services.If as the say, once you are awaken the kundalini the requirement of the person will be met naturally.But my point is you have done a extra ordinary work for nothing, very much adorable.

I found your lessons,even though have started one week back,found very useful,espcially people like me ,the self made yogis,really fantastic.Even though my practice given me enough health and wealth,
i am looking for a status of samdhi and beyond.Hope i will reach the destination one day with your blessings.

Any way if you have any chance to visit India any time ,please let me know,or any other means of meeting you,I will be gratley hounered.

I am from the land of yogic sciences,but the funny thing is i have to approach other country person? But i feel lucky at last I got some thing I am Looking.Thanking You,

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  10:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi madhuheal, and welcome!

Your kind note is much appreciated. Yes, isn't it interesting how yogic knowledge has traveled West from India over the past century, and is now coming back East with a new twist? -- open source integrated practices that look beyond the limits of traditional lines. Sometimes it takes a new perspective to see what has been within us all along.

You might find the following views from a westerner to be of interest. In AYP, we are doing what we can to give back to Mother India the fruit of knowledge that has been shared with us so generously over the years, which is now blossoming as abiding inner silence, ecstatic bliss, and outpouring divine love (we also call it stillness in action):

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3426
This topic is not mainly about the AYP books, but about reaching and networking with self-directed practitioners in India. This is the future of spiritual practice around the world, and India will be a leader in this as new generations take hold of their vast spiritual resources and divine destiny. Limited sectarian approaches will be be transcended, and applied spiritual knowledge will emerge as an open science in its own right. That is where we are heading globally, and India will surely continue to play a key role.

http://www.aypsite.org/253.html
This is an historical summary of yoga coming from East to West, and beginning to come back East again in easily accessible and powerful forms of self-directed spiritual practice. The spiritual evolution of humanity now rests in the hands of every individual, which is where it belongs.

These are exciting times. I'm very happy to hear from you, and all self-directed practitioners in India (and everywhere else!). Wishing you the best on your continuing path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  8:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
madhuheal,

Only a beginner, I would be most keenly interested in hearing about the yoga books that have appealed to you through the years because of their intrinsic beauty. What books stand out in your memory for their beauty and grace?

Right now I am enjoying two books by Eknath Easwaran, his translation of the Upanishads, and his Climbing the Blue Mountain.

Please write back, we hope to hear much more from you.

newpov
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  12:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
madhuheal wrote, "...very much adorable."

This drew me somehow, so I am most curious and ask if anyone can instruct me now about what the following means from the Katha Upanishad:

"The adorable one who is seated in the heart rules the breath of life. Unto him all the senses pay their homage." (Easwaran translation: Part II, [2], 3)

I have just started deep meditation. I have no experience yet with spinal breathing pranayama.

Thank you for illuminating me as you're able.

newpov

Edited by - newpov on Aug 28 2008 12:25:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  06:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The 'Power of Now' is a powerful spiritual book. If you have not read it yet, you may want to check it out.

I don't know why i read it so late :)
Go to Top of Page

Daniel

1 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  3:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Daniel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear AYP members,

My name is Daniel and I live in Chicago. This is my first posting ever.

I would like to e mail "Jim and his Karma" directly, but i do not have enough postings.

Could you tell this man to e mail me?

warm regards,

Daniel
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  09:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Daniel, and welcome!

Jim has been on leave for a few months. I will pass your request on to him and maybe you will hear from him.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post them here in the support forums. There are many who can help.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  5:46:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sushman

I don't know why i read it so late :)

well that is looking back on the past instead of staying in the now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000