New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  5:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All

I finally got my act together and am starting a weekly evening meditation group at my home in Oslo.

So - if you live in the vicinity and would like to join us - just send me an email!

Looking forward to see you

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  5:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Katrine

I missed this post and just found it now by accident.
Congrats on the new group
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  5:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis

Thanks

I enjoy it immensley....
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  07:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all:

For those of you who keep mailing and calling regarding the spiritual work, AYP Deep meditation group on Wednesdays (there is now a group also on Mondays) and other related issues:

There is now finally a website

Here it is:

www.satsangwithkatrine.com

Welcome
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  09:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What a beautiful website, Katrine! May the stillness reach many through you!
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  10:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Katrine;
Having the honor and pleasure to have made your aquaintance here at AYP over the last couple of years has been a complete inspiration to me on my path. And now to see your face and your shine on your new AWESOME website is again more inspiration.
It's a bold and brave endeavour you have taken on.
I wish you the best of everything.
Guy

Edited by - Guy_51 on Feb 06 2009 10:36:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  11:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Katrine
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  11:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Must second emc and robertjames' kudo's on the site Katrine.....And it is wonderful to see a picture of your smiling face....wonderful. Must say though....making a website in English when you are Scandinavian must be difficult....I noticed a couple of spelling errors.....Just buggin you as you have corrected my spelling in a few cases. Retribution...feels so good. hahahaha. Just kidding. Thanks for sharing. You're awesome. Keep up the "silent" work!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  12:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emc

quote:
May the stillness reach many through you!

Thank you, emc And likewise

Hi Guy

Thank you! It is an honor to be here with you.

quote:
It's a bold and brave endeavour you have taken on.

Luckily.....it sort of came into being of itself. There is in no way a feeling of being able to handle the weight of this endeavour......on the contrary.....I will never be able to handle it. And yet.....resisting it is .....as it turns out.....futile *laughing*......

So.....head down and knees on the floor.....let's hope I stay that way always.....if I get up, it instantly hurts.....so it seems there is a balance to it after all.....

And should I become intolerable, I trust the forum here will keep me straight (David......yes??). There are so many great helping hands in here.....don't know where I would be without it.

Hi tadeas

Thank you!

Hi Carson

......*laughing*.....Thank you! (What is "kudos"?)

quote:
making a website in English when you are Scandinavian must be difficult.....

Not at all...*S*....English was always closer to heart than Norwegian. I remember sitting in my room when about 7......trying to remember the inner language that was heard and yet not grasped. So when I turned 11 and finally started learning it in school....the whole inner library simply exploded....*laughing*.....there was so much happiness!

quote:
I noticed a couple of spelling errors

This is wonderful! Please email so that they can be corrected Thanks for the proof reading!

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  1:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine....

Kudo's is a "praising remark" as in "good for you".....

The spelling errors I noticed, were:

Under the AYP Meditation Groups heading, "practices" was spelled "practises" in one spot....

And in your left hand side links "Upcoming" is spelled with two "m's"...."Upcomming".

There may be more, but I didn't notice them. These were the ones I noticed. But I'm a bit of a perfectionist still so.....shoot me!

Love ya!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  1:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great, Carson

Fixed it

Let me know if your hawk eye spots more mistakes.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  6:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

you work on a high level! Congrats!
I admire that sincerely.

Roman
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  8:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are so young in that picture Katrine. From your wisdom in the forums I expected you to be much older! You look so awake and un-encumbered. Good luck with what you are doing, and thanks for including AYP.
Is it common for people in Oslo to understand English, or is there another page in Norwegian?

quote:
"I remember sitting in my room when about 7......trying to remember the inner language that was heard and yet not grasped."

Do you mean you heard English inside before you could understand it? Maybe from a previous life? it's amazing you would like it as a child. It's such a hard language because it has rules, then breaks them often. And many languages are more beautiful to listen to. But southern accents sound good with popular music.
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  04:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,
I am very much impressed by the presence and the sheer beauty from your picture, the beauty from within. God is goodness with a capital "G". It is love, beauty, wisdom and all good things. At times I confess here that I've been longing to see a picture of Yogani too

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  07:26:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
congrats katrine, the website is beautiful .

God bless (f)
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  08:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great site Katrine, I love your poetry selection
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

I love the website, a wonderful peaceful feeling from observing. Best wishes and may your future unfold as a dream come true!

love,

A

ps- Hi Carson, I believe that it is common practice in Europe to spell practise with an "s". It is American to use a "c". Behaviour v. behavior would be another example, there are many. If you choose a Canadian English or a UK English dictionary in MSWord you will see many differences.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Roman, Ether, Thibaud, Ananda and Louis

Thank you all for such great support.

Ether said:

quote:
You are so young in that picture Katrine. From your wisdom in the forums I expected you to be much older!

You are right! I am older Don't be fooled by the picture It is almost 3 years old, and it was taken by a photographer....it was used as a front cover on a weekly magazine here in connection with the cancer history. So.....you have to remove the make-up.....and include many wrinkles here and there....and shorten the hair a bit.....maybe add one or two pimples....and there you have it......very normal!

quote:
Is it common for people in Oslo to understand English, or is there another page in Norwegian?

There is no page in Norwegian. Almost everybody understand English in Norway. At least the ones that surfe the internet.

quote:
Do you mean you heard English inside before you could understand it?

Yes.
It was revealed once in the park with my mother and 3 sisters. I was about 4 years old.....and a foreign family walked by the place we were playing with the ball.......a small boy of about 3.....he was shorter than me and seemed smaller of age....
Anyway.....he started talking to his parents. And I had an inner shock.....everything stopped inside. Because I recognised the sounds coming from him as being utterly familiar. I had them inside. I had always had them inside. I understood them...and yet didn't understand them. And I was so shocked that someone that small could understand such a complexity! So I asked my mother why they had "different sounds".....and she said they were from another country. And that the sounds were called "English". Since then.....English was inside.....waiting to come out....
I know nothing of previous lives........could be.......or maybe......in the stopping dead......the future kicked in?

I love English.....I never evaluated what it sounds like.....just love the rich vocabulary......all the ways one can make oneself understood........Norwegian has very few words, and this limits the expression. There are so many nuances in English.....

Thibaud said:
quote:
Hi Katrine,
I am very much impressed by the presence and the sheer beauty from your picture, the beauty from within. God is goodness with a capital "G". It is love, beauty, wisdom and all good things. At times I confess here that I've been longing to see a picture of Yogani too

You are very sweet to say what you say, Thibaud. Thank you for seeing what I am. Which is what you are. However - I can assure you that I am also dead ordinary when it comes to all the human traits. I fool myself and therefore others, I resist, I desire, I become attached, I expect too much, I expect too little, I expect at all, I fear to reveal, I turn away from, I run towards.....you name it. All these come with "I".

So self-inquiry is never ending......

But I am devoted to I am - and the Love accepts. As long as I am willing to see.......the balance is restored when off it.

So there will be no cave in Himalaya here. Life brings all the lessons necessary.

It is such a great guru!

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Andrew

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  11:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
older..almost three years! Ha ha.

Quote:

"I know nothing of previous lives........could be.......or maybe......in the stopping dead......the future kicked in?"

Yes, I say "previous lives" only because sometimes I "remember" being in a different body, living a different life in another time. But i really don't know if that is reincarnation or something else. Maybe I am "remembering" as someone else because we are all one. Also i have seen things from the future, because I experience them later. So I don't even know if those "memories" are from the past! Just incredible scenery. But sometimes we will see the reason for something like your love of english.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  1:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether

quote:
older..almost three years! Ha ha.

*laughing*....I am 47 Ether. Could be your mother for all I know

quote:
But i really don't know if that is reincarnation or something else. Maybe I am "remembering" as someone else because we are all one. Also i have seen things from the future, because I experience them later. So I don't even know if those "memories" are from the past! Just incredible scenery.

Incredible it is indeed

Part of seeing the unreality of "I"......the continuity that we believe it has but that it really doesn't have.....the shock of seeing this..... indeed made all the possibilities you mention above possible. It is like all of it....and at the same time none of it...is true. Everything rises up from - and is permeated by - Unity.

And it is only Unity that sees.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  1:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

ps- Hi Carson, I believe that it is common practice in Europe to spell practise with an "s". It is American to use a "c". Behaviour v. behavior would be another example, there are many. If you choose a Canadian English or a UK English dictionary in MSWord you will see many differences.

Katrine had it spelled both ways on her website so I figured I would tell her so she could be consistant one way or the other. I understand about Canadian and American English spellings.... another example is neighbour/neighbor. Regardless I wasn't trying to be anything other then helpful, sorry if I wasn't.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Feb 07 2009 1:22:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  1:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson

You were very helpful. The writing on the website must be consistant. And misspellings removed. So if you see more, please let me know.

All is well, I think Anthem just wanted to clarify, not correct you
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  3:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
quote:
Katrine had it spelled both ways on her website so I figured I would tell her so she could be consistant one way or the other. I understand about Canadian and American English spellings.... another example is neighbour/neighbor.

I hadn't noticed she had them both ways, good eye! Agreed, important to be consistent. I was just mentioning the differences in case you weren't aware. I was trying to think of more examples and couldn't, neighbour is another good one.
quote:
Regardless I wasn't trying to be anything other then helpful, sorry if I wasn't.

That's all I took it for, that was what I was trying to be too, hopefully you took it that way too.

quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Carson
All is well, I think Anthem just wanted to clarify, not correct you

Yes this was my intention, hopefully that was seen.

Thanks!

A

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  3:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure thing A. It's all good, no worries over here....

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
"*laughing*....I am 47 Ether. Could be your mother for all I know "

That would be even more incredible than reincarnation; I'm 59!

In the picture you look maybe 30.

once I "remembered" working on an old sailing ship. There was a ship wreck and I was swimming underwater trying to save people. Then in this life I love swimming and scuba diving. At the time I was sure that was a life I lived before because of the clarity of the memory. But later i realized I have no way of "knowing" or "verifying" anything. All i can do is feel the feeling I get from it and wonder. . .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000