Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Explanation of Talavya Kriya
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  9:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Veritasophia,

thanks for this explanation of Talavya Kriya. (A practice for stretching the frenum.) I did not see it originally on the forum. I thought it was interesting enough to deserve some prominence with a topic of its own.

Of course, for people reading, probably the most important idea is that frenum-snipping is regarded to be better by most of us, including Yogani.

I have seen a picture of someone doing something else and this was called Talavya Kriya too. This was pulling out the tongue and scraping the frenum on the lower teeth! Eeek!

-David

quote:
Originally posted by veritasophia

quote:
Originally posted by lucidinterval1
Best of luck and if you are able could you explain what Tabalaya is?

Here is a desrcription of talavya kriya I put in another thread (its in the yahoo forum archive, probably hard to find):

"I'll try to clarify talabya kriya if you are still interested.

What you do is stick the top of your tongue (where the taste buds are) to the top of your mouth. Then applying suction so the 2 will stay together (tongue and top of mouth) you open your mouth, when the suction brakes (from opening your mouth wide) immediately stick your tongue out as far as it goes. [note: Some people stick the underside of their tongue to the top of their mouth, however it doesn't seem as effective to me, you can decide for yourself.]

quote:
(a) what the sucking action is for, since the tongue can be moved up using its own musculature

I think its for an extra stretch to the tongue (especially the back portion) at least that is what I feel is happening.
quote:
(b) how the teeth are involved in this exercise

When the suction brakes and you thrust your tongue out, it will rub against your lower teeth. When I was doing talabya kriya often, my frenum even got a little "torn" from the practice.

quote:
(c) what exactly 'stretch with the mouth opening' means

As mentioned in the answer to the first question, when your tongue is stuck to the top of your mouth through suctioning; as you open your mouth wide, you should feel a stretch.

I have been doing talabya kriya and milking for a while with very little progress. I have started snipping a little over a week ago (2 snipping sessions so far) and the results have been dramatic. If you can get over nipping your frenum it is, from my experience, the quickest way to get into kechari. I'm not there yet but its getting really close!

Edited by - david_obsidian on Aug 16 2005 9:44:45 PM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000