Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Hello everybody :-)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alakananda

India
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit alakananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello everybody

I'm a new member. It was sheer luck that I found this website.I am so glad to meet all you wonderful members.

I happened to read a lot about the ill effects of kundalini rising (psychosis and stuff like that)and that had really sacred me so much I had almost decided to stop all my yoga and my meditation.

Somehow it really seemed at odds with what I had read about before about the Unierse being energy and pure love and only love (books like Louise Hay's and other members of the hayhouse foundation. Somehow it seemed all warm and just right)

These new webpages have been a big shock.

Is there anyway one can follow this path only for wellbeing and harmony (No kundalini rising and scary stuff like that.) I ask this as about 10 years back I used to do sun salutations and once I did feel a tickling sensation at the base of my spine which lasted for about 10 minutes. Not a bad feeling but unnerving. Since then I have been doing yoga sporadically.

I once meditated with an amethyst crystal and was depressed for a long time after that. I gave that up too as I was expecting my 2nd child at that time.

Hence now I want only something safe which brings happiness and joy in everyday living (no lows thankyou :-))

Could anybody help me ?

Thank you.

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  5:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alakananda and welcome to the forum. AYP strongly recommends self-pacing in all our practices, especially if there are any unwanted side-effects, or experiences that are uncomfortable for us as we practice.

I would start by reading the AYP lessons and just meditating, never more than 20 minutes at a time. Rest a few minutes after your meditation---> http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html

Eventually you may wish to add pranayama and more. But you can always reduce your practice time or the components of your practice if you are in any way uncomfortable. The benefits of meditation are profound, and it is worth putting the time in to reading the lessons and doing the practice.

And there is a wonderful community here of people who can listen and share with you if ever you have questions or concerns.

In light and love,

Kathy

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  5:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi alakananda welcome to the forum

Kathy has given you the perfect answer.

Read the lessons follow them carefully, self pace and you should have no problem at all. If you do we are all here to help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000