New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  9:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David:

I was just funnin about about peeing in my eye. I'm sure his wife loves him very much. I must say ,I really enjoy your post and your perpectives.

Guy
Go to Top of Page

gkrheera

India
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  11:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit gkrheera's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Guy
I knew you were being funny. :) My wife actively practices amaroli coz she is convinced of its benefits. All yogic processes are aimed at getting rid of the conditioning so that we get closer to divinity. And practices like Amaroli not only have health benefits but also help us to break social conditioning we have imposed on ourselves for ages(eg. peeing in the eye or drinking pee).

Yes, as david mentioned mid stream urine is sterile as it is a derivative of blood. I saw an eye drop for dry eyes called "Murine" (any ideas on whats the raw material )

Amaroli seems to be giving feedback to the body on its current state so that body can heal itself. Am sure atleast for now we cant nail down an exact cause and effect relationship between amaroli and its benefits. But its an observed and documented fact that it is beneficial for health and has curative properties. In India if you happen to be in the country side you might find people drinking cow urine right from the source . Indian traditional medicine has documented treatments for various diseases using cow urine.

Heera
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  09:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi David:

I was just funnin about about peeing in my eye. I'm sure his wife loves him very much. I must say ,I really enjoy your post and your perpectives.

Guy

Thanks. I knew that you were. Not knowing how they are taking it, I sometimes just make an effort to 'protect' the feelings of new posters from jokers and challengers like you and .... me.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  11:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I worked in a liquor store yesterday and saw a liqueur called
"Amarula Cream". I didn't think I would like it for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2006 :  3:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone.

I tried Amaroli some months ago with negative results, slight fever, general flue type of symptoms, and it just didnt feel like the right time . Two weeks ago I seemed to get a message from my body to try again so I started with 15ml, no negative results, over the past two weeks I have increased the dose to a full cup, thats a mug actually about 8 oz there are still no negative results at all. My brain is completely free of that foggy feeling I sometimes used to experience and my body has never felt more alive.

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2006 :  05:39:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is 8 oz 250 ml/cc?

I take about 100 ml every morning with the double amount of orange/carrot juice. In a cocktail like that I can sip it and enjoy the hormonal taste. If I am out of juice, I drink it as quickly as I can holding my breath and then take the double amount of water as a chaser.

I have taken the same amount all the time since I started a month ago.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2006 :  12:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lavazza

Is 8 oz 250 ml/cc?

I take about 100 ml every morning with the double amount of orange/carrot juice. In a cocktail like that I can sip it and enjoy the hormonal taste. If I am out of juice, I drink it as quickly as I can holding my breath and then take the double amount of water as a chaser.

I have taken the same amount all the time since I started a month ago.

Yea I think thats about the amount I'm not actually measuring it now.
Its almost at the top of a mug and thats probably about a third of a pint.

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2006 :  12:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A question for anyone who's practicing amaroli: I've been doing it for about 2 months now, and I haven't experienced any of the effects described here. I've gradually worked my way up to about 1/3 cup (3 ounces, more or less), and am wondering if this is one of those practices where more is better? Will I not get any results unless I take more? And what about Lavazza's method of mixing it with something else? That would probably be the only way I could double my intake at this point. Currently I mix it with about 8 oz. water.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2006 :  12:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Meg,
no, I don't think you need more of it. If you feel nothing, you have to make a judgement call: it could be helping you but you can't feel it for all I know; or maybe it isn't helping you much. My guess is that it is helping you but you can't feel it, but it's only a guess.

You also haven't been doing it for that long. Remember, according tot the ancient texts, it takes several months for it free the practicioner from leprosy and tubercolosis!!

If you mix it, mix it with something you drink, not food; something which allows your stomach to open quickly and get it quickly into the bloodstream (which takes about 20 minutes). But avoid drinking it with something with fat in it either, because that will keep your stomach closed for a while.

If you take food with it, or too soon after, your stomach will stay closed for longer and your absorption will be slower. This could possibly reduce the effectiveness of the amaroli; I have a theory that the suddenness of the increase of 'toxin' levels is important for the effect.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Mar 06 2006 1:02:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2006 :  8:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you have something with the suddenness theory David.
With me its as soon as I get up in the morning and I drink it straight down neat. I don't think you need to mix anything with it except out of squeamishness, It really doesn't taste that bad you get used to it.

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2006 :  11:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, i prefer first thing in the morning straight up before brushing teeth. Anyone ever share it with a partner?
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2006 :  11:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heres an interesting thing Victor and all.

Over the past two mornings I have been hard pressed to get much more than half a cup out, I am drinking plenty of water during the day and evening, no change there and I have previously had plenty of urine to spare. I am wondering if some sort of dehydration is taking place as what I am getting is highly concentrated.

Has anyone else had experience of this

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2006 :  9:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don't know about spiritual causes, but there can be physical causes of this. First, when you say drinking plenty of water, are you drinking at least two quarts (liters) a day of pure water?
nothing else counts, not tea, juice, soda, seltzer water etc. Is the drinking spread out so you sip, not gulp it down?
I'm assuming you're not exercising so much as to be sweating it out?
Intake of certain things can cause you to absorb water and not expell it. The most common is salt, but also other minerals.
Any unusual chemical intake. I've been dehydrated before from drinking too much diet soda. I would pee right away, but my skin was getting dry like excema.
So it was running right through instead of distributing around my body.
Any diuretic substances that makes you pee or diet drugs can do that too.
Unbalanced diets like high protein, low carb and fat, stress your kidneys and can cause harm.
probably none of these things, but I thought I'd mention them just in case.
I like to do amaroli in the shower- easy dilution and clean up.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  11:49:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The thing is Ether that nothing in my eating or drinking behaviour has changed the only thing that is different is since I have increased the amount of urine I take to nearly half a pint. There is definitely a difference in the amount of fluids I pass first thing in the morning.

I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  12:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Richard,

I haven't noticed anything like this, though I don't drink nearly as much as you do (I've stayed at probably around 1/8 of a pint). It will be intersting to see if the effect is permanent.

One note: we can't be sure that this is caused by de-hydration, can we? What if your body is not dehydrated, but is retaining more fluid for whatever reason?

-D
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  1:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard:

There is the possibility of a gradual internalization of amaroli to become an automatic recycling within, which would result in less outflow.

This also happens with vajroli (constant upward processing of sexual essences in the body) as progress in yoga and its tantric elements advances.

I can verify a reduced urine flow, though can offer no scientific evidence on what it is, or if it is from the same cause you are experiencing. If it is yoga-related, amaroli practice itself would not necessarily be the only stimulator of it. It would also be connected with a full range of practices over the long term. At least that has been the observation here.

The ideas of hydration and dehydration take on new meaning if amaroli does internalize over time. The yoga scientists will sort this out eventually. Meanwhile, we pioneers proceed based on our intuition, inner seeing, some trial and error, and prudent self-pacing.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2006 :  7:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi and thank you Yogani and all.

Its interesting isn't it, If its internalisation its pretty damn quick as I've only been up to a full dose for about a week, we will just have to wait and see how things develop. Meanwhile I do feel better all round so I don't think there's anything wrong

I will keep you posted on any new developements, Its all an adventure to me and the most exiting one I've ever had

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - May 14 2006 :  4:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been doing amaroli for 4 months now. I forget it one day a week on average. I am not sure that it has made any change for my practice or for my health. I have not read about it for a while, so I do not have any expectations that it SHOULD change something, but if it works it should work even without expectations. Or am I wrong?
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  11:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

yeah, i prefer first thing in the morning straight up before brushing teeth. Anyone ever share it with a partner?

Thanks Victor for your question.

I have not shared it with my partner or anyone at all accept here. I feel that there would be a lot of judgement coming at me from everyone if I told them... so I am just keeping it to myself.

Have you told your partner??

Are you thinking of it??

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  3:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well to be honest I have had a time or two of one time experiments with a partner. Just enough to count as "willing to try: but not enough to say anything else. I was actually surprised at having more acceptance than I had feared but it is something that I don't tell to any but the most intimate to me.
Go to Top of Page

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  5:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to practice Amaroli almost 2.5 years back when I was a vegan, caffeine-free and alcohol-free....I used to drink a full cup without dilution. It never caused a problem. But then I was not able to continue to my diet, and practice. I have taken it up again (last two mionths).. I am still a vegan but not caffeine free...the interesting thing is that I can't take it without dilution or more than quarter a cup...I guess Caffeine is causing some issue...I skip amaroli for 24 hours if I have alcohol.

My wife knows this and she is very supportive (though she does not want to indulge in it...she can't handle it now).
Go to Top of Page

Lavazza

69 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  11:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lavazza's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I practiced amaroli January-May this year, but I started forgetting it for some reason. I cannot say if I lost out from discontinuing. Now I am starting out again to see if it can help me from getting colds during the winter.
Go to Top of Page

Newbee

2 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  11:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Newbee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

I recently started amaroli and would like to know if it's okay to mix the urine with orange juice?

Newbee
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  2:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Newbee,

I have a long answer and a short answer:

Long answer:

if you take foods (with amaroli), generally your stomach stays closed for a while to partially digest them, and then the stomach releases partially digested food gradually into the small intestine and from there into the bloodstream. (BTW any foods with fats keep the stomach closed for longer). This delay in the stomach I believe reduces the amaroli power, because (according to my yogic-guess) the power of amaroli derives partially from the suddenness of the passing of the urine into the bloodstream.

So foods (including liquids) which stay in the stomach for a while reduce the effects of amaroli. The longer the food keeps the stomach closed the worse the effect. Does orange juice stay in the stomach for a while or does it pass through quickly? I don't know -- I'm guessing it doesn't keep the stomach closed for long, so it probably doesn't get in the way much.

But for sure, don't take anything like milk with amaroli. This will keep your stomach closed for a long time and reduce the effectiveness.

So unless you know for sure that orange juice doesn't keep the stomach closed for long..:

Short answer:
The best way to be sure of maximum effect is to take amaroli on an empty stomach in the morning, possibly with water but nothing else, and take nothing else for about 20 minutes or so it is all released from the stomach into the intestine.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jul 22 2007 6:05:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Newbee

2 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  5:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Newbee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank-you for the info. I would also like to inquire what your initial weeks of begining amaroli were like in terms of how the body reacted to it? Please be specific.

Thanks,

Newbee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000