Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 doing sadhana, satna,?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  2:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
some people say to wake up early at the "auspicious" time, Brahamauerta, is called satna (sp?) is a good thing, because certain energies are sleeping at this time. I dont know that I have the name of it but it is basically waking up at 2.5 hours before the sun rises I believe. A coupld of questions on this. what if you are in alaska how would this work? I am going to costa rica and the sun rises there at 5 so should I wake up at 2:30? also, what about waking up, doing postures, meditating, and then going back to bed. Does this reset you and take away from some of what you accomplished by waking up 2.5 hours before sunrise? thanks for you thoughts
Neil

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  3:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A regular, steady, effective practice matters far more than specific timings. The timings are entirely up to you and your everyday routine. What you described (wake up at 2.30 etc.) are some constants taken from a specific spiritual culture... If they fit your lifestyle, why not, but they're not that important.
You decide what works for you.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  12:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
tadeas,
thanks for your reply
I understand that a steady practice is vert important and highly effective. My thoughts would be that if I were to want to walk five miles a day then the morning or evening would be much better then the hottest part of the day when it is in the middle of summer. It is widely believed that alignment of the planets and things of the such have an effect on us, things such as the suns position, etc... some people believe that the time of day we awaken and the time of day we go to sleep have a great impact on our day as well. I was just wondering if anyone had any further insight into the auspicious time and how it works because it is "supposed" to be a physical occurance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000