Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Pranayama, Energy and Stillness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  10:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last week, as usual, a nurse took my blood pressure and pulse before my doctor saw me. I've been slowly cutting down on coffee over the last few months but had just drunk a cup an hour or so before my appointment. My attention drew to my heartbeat as the nurse timed my pulse. My heart was beating rapidly from the coffee but I was able to quickly gain control, relax and slow my heart rate down down. I figured my pulse would wind up being a little higher than normal. I was very surprised when she told me the it was 60 bpm - at the very low end of normal pulse rates! My perception was very off. I believe this is because I've so often entered a place of stillness through my AYP practices that I've become accustomed to it. Stillness is now my norm.

Six weeks ago my meditative absorption had progressed from hearing the Divine Sound, a metallic taste in my mouth, movement in my mouth, movement up my head, and a changed perception of reality. In hindsight it seems that my efforts to guide the energy to my crown resulted in a premature crown opening. The movement seemed so natural, so ecstatic, so right, at the time but I quickly crashed down to a place of despair. Bhatki addicts take note: I only consciously guided the energy all the way up two or three times, but it still seems to have had a profound effect.

I took Yogani's advice and pulled back on my practice. Music helped sooth me and guide me out of this dark period. Bhajan (devotional music) was a gift from God that helped me over and over again. Eventually I went back to binaural beat and brainwave entrainment music and <ping!> the energy I experienced morphed again. The movement up to my crown stopped, thank goodness, probably because I had rededicated myself to careful attention in pranayama. I started feeling energy in my jawbones, and an aching feeling in my jaw. I made sure that I wasn't clenching or gringind my teeth. Just a slight opening of the mouth released some of the energy and allowed me to work on relaxing all the small muscles in my face. To the extent that I've been able to do this, I experience bliss consciousness. It is wonderful but not in a sensous pleasure way; it's more of a change in being. It feels very right but I have to leave "Joe" to experience it. So I come back into this bag of bones, slip on my ego-overcoat and try to communicate.

aum namaste,
Joe

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  12:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice post, thks for sharing your personal experiences with us Joe.

kind regards

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000