Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Richard Rose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  8:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been reading After The Absolute: The Inner Teachings of Richard Rose by David Gold. Every once in a while I get the feeling I'm being spoken to directly, despite the differences in time and media:
quote:
"You know, somebody once said the most painful thing on earth is a pleasant memory. This nostalgia that sometimes comes over us isn't an accident. It's a message. It has something to tell us. We’re programmed to indulge in life, but this haunting nostalgia is a subliminal message from another plane. It's the homing instinct of the mundane mind. At its best, it's what draws us back to the Father."

"But why such sadness?" I said. "Why the pain?"

"Because nostalgia is a window to the soul, and the soul is lost to man as he lives. Nostalgia is the soul's memory of prior experience. Touching it, you touch the Eternal."

I haven't begun to digest this book but thought I'd share this quote and the links because the book is quite remarkable. You can find out more about Richard Rose at the TAT Foundation website or on Wikipedia.

aum namaste,
Joe
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000