Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Green and violet pulsing lights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  11:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,
For as long as I can remember, whenever I get relaxed enough especially through pranayama, I see green and violet pulses of light in my eyes. Sometimes the light is more golden.

The lights come in slow waves, about one pulse every 3 or 4 seconds. The lights seem to start in my head, proceed into the center of view wherever my eyes are pointing and then slowly fade into the distance.

Has anyone else ever seen these lights? What are they? Someone once told me that I was seeing the sacral-cranial spinal nerve pulse. Is this true?

With all the experienced meditators in this forum, surely someone else can confirm this phenomenon. Does anyone here have any knowledge that they could share?

Thank you.
TI

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  01:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I press on my eyes, I can see crazy fractal images. Is it anything like that? haha I dunno, I've seen a lot of stuff while meditating. Some of it seems to come from the void beneath my eyelids. Like it has that "fractal-ish" haze to it. Last I remember was a face coming towards me about a week ago. Random more "memory" like visions come from time to time too. Some of it feels "past life" like. I reckon it's a third eye clearing up sort of thing.

I see aura's from time to time also. I reckon it could be related to this. When I eat very little meat, this sort of thing seems to be more present in me. Sometimes I'll see "orbs of light" in my peripheral. Like a blue ball of light in the side of my vision. Usually I'll see auras "spewing" out of someones head or mouth or wherever their aura is most present at that moment.

It's kinda neat I guess, though I can't say it's served me much. Two strong memories of it was, this one guy was speaking, a blue sort of auric haze comes out of his mouth. I knew it was an over-active throat chakra sort of thing... but I already knew that about the guy... he talks too much haha.

Or once, there was a purple aura emanating from the side of one of my profs head, this was right before she went on to tell us about a spiritual story of some guy who, when about to die, he layed naked in his house, with a note on him saying "you're born naked, you die naked". Gave me shivers :) haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of occurence started happening to you in everyday life. Like I mentioned though, this sort of thing is usually pretty strongly tied to your diet. I love meat haha, and this is just a "neat trick", not really something I care to further develop. If it happens it happens, if not... trust me, you're not missing out haha. It's just more scenery.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  04:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had that green and violet flame on and off, not much nowadays, more in the beginning of my journey - had one great vision when I asked "what's my purpose?" and was brought to a long trip in geometric structures before the journey ended by an altar where the green-violet going into gold-flame was burning! I have a friend who also has this green-violet flame present a lot of the time.

I asked a medium about it long ago, and she just said:

-Does the Phoenix bird say anything to you?

And I just blew off in some sort of opening... I had long ago written a short novel on Bird Pheonix which directly came to my mind. I'll see if I can find it and write it down here...

I can't explain the relationship, just that it is something about the eternal life...
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  05:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan_Ice

I remember posting about this two years ago:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=lilla,flame

I didn't pay much attention to the visions after that. Now everything is just quiet

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  8:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Divineis
Thank you for your response.

quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

When I press on my eyes, I can see crazy fractal images. Is it anything like that?

When I press on my eyes, yes, I see patterns and lots of dots. The colors are quite intense and pronouced. Those colors are similar but much more intense than the pulsing waves.

quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of occurence started happening to you in everyday life.

Yes, I can see auras around people through my third eye. Those auras looks like flames of colored fire. Most people have a dark black flame in the center of their body with a touch of red at the bottom. The green and violet lights are different as they do not protrude upwards like actual fire flames..

Thanks again for your input!

TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Apr 13 2008 9:03:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  9:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I've had that green and violet flame on and off, not much nowadays, more in the beginning of my journey - had one great vision when I asked "what's my purpose?" and was brought to a long trip in geometric structures before the journey ended by an altar where the green-violet going into gold-flame was burning! I have a friend who also has this green-violet flame present a lot of the time.

I asked a medium about it long ago, and she just said:

-Does the Phoenix bird say anything to you?

And I just blew off in some sort of opening... I had long ago written a short novel on Bird Pheonix which directly came to my mind. I'll see if I can find it and write it down here...

I can't explain the relationship, just that it is something about the eternal life...

Hi emc
Thank you for sharing this insight. The violet and green light that appears does not look like a flame. I know some Reiki practitioners who burn up negative energy in the violet/purple flame. It sounds like your vision and insight might be more akin to that violet flame. ?
Doesn't the Pheonix bird rise up from the ashes? I wonder what kind of fire burned it. I look forward to reading what you had written.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  10:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Hi Tibetan_Ice
I remember posting about this two years ago:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=lilla,flame

I didn't pay much attention to the visions after that. Now everything is just quiet

Hi Katrine
Thank you for your response. Your sharing has caused me to broaden my understanding of the violet flame! When I went to this link: http://www.tsl.org/violet/violetflame.asp from your thread, I was inundated with a shower of tingles and waves. It is a very powerful/spritual web site (at least to me). The two pictures of the atoms on that site resemble the "AUM" I saw last week.

How does it relate to my new hypothesis? I've been experimenting, trying to see the green and violet light and this is what I've discovered. I can consistently see the green and violet light by performing about 5 minutes of Kapal Bhati and then fully relaxing by body and fixing on Sambhavi. I think anyone should be able to duplicate this.

Kapal Bhati is this (similar, but not quite to Bhastrika):
http://knowyoga.org/tiki-index.php?...ati+Pranayam

This is my new hypothesis: Performing Kapal Bhati (or some forms of pranayama) burns karma. I wonder if the green light is karma and the violet light is the fire that burns karma which is created by the pranayama? Every time I see the green light, it is followed by the violet light and then they both disappear. I wonder. But again, the violet and green lights do not look like fire, there are no pointy flame wisps moving upwards.

On another note, I am in great awe of your divine healing abilities. You certainly have a wonderful gift.

Thank you for sharing.

TI

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  12:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
well the purple and green pulsing waves of light are present at the end of each meditation session now (and today throughout meditation). Further, I'm also getting blobs of yellow or white light that remain longer (don't pulse).
It seems to be related to pretending to having a feeling of falling asleep and keeping a gentle pressure behind the brow area. What I do is pretend to be falling asleep, roll my eyes upward and release something in the pit of my stomach. Kechari too.. Voila! Lights.
I'm thinking this is a physical phenomenon related to the optic nerves or something.

Can anyone out there duplicate this?
TI
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  04:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
how fast are the pulses? My eyes used to go twitchy when looking up at my third eye, I imagine even a more relaxed version of this could affect the optic nerve. The twitching would also sometimes seem to make sort of flashes of undereye bloopy colors. I can kinda do it right now, though it's hard to say what colors, I just know it flashes between two "more prominent" shades of whatever.

I did this back in the day prior to meditating though, it was part of a dream intention sort of technique, for "planting" dreams or lucid dreaming related stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  7:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

how fast are the pulses?

Hi Divineis
I must confess, I've had two Usui Reiki attunements last weekend and now I am at level 3. I think it did a whole lot of clearing..

The pulses occur every 3 to 4 seconds when the purple and green lights pulse. At other times lately, there appears a blob of yellow or white light that lasts for ~4 seconds and then disappears.
The reason I'm thinking it's a physical phenomenon is because the spinal nerve pulse is supposed to be about 8 to 12 pulses per minute.
Here is a link: http://www.innerreflections.ca/cranial_sacral.htm

quote:

The rhythm, or cranial sacral pulse, is similar to the heartbeat, but it results from the rhythmic pumping of the spinal fluid in the head and spinal column. This gentle cranial rhythm can be felt at a normal rate of 8-12 fluctuations per minute. The whole body expands and contracts with this rhythm, but the cranial pulse can be felt most easily on the head.

Perhaps the pulses/pressure is affecting the pressure in the eyes and this produces the light?

Here is a pretty good page on the cranial-sacral technique which also states that the rhythm is supposed to be 6 to 8 times a minute.

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/...osipidal.htm

I wish I could figure this out so I could either ignore it or find out what it is good for. :)

Ok. I think I found something. This is from Samuel Sagan's "Awakening The Third Eye":

quote:

3.4 Experiential references
vibration ~ etheric (life force)
Chapter 3 – Awakening the Third Eye
colours, light ~ astral
purple light ~ astral space
As you practise the various techniques working on the third eye,
you will encounter mainly 3 types of experiences between the
eyebrows: 1) vibration, 2) colours and light, 3) purple light.
Roughly speaking, the first one indicates an activation of the
etheric layer, the second indicates the astral, while the perception
of the purple light indicates that a connection has been made with the astral space (the terms etheric and astral will be developed
further on in this book).
Of course these indications are far too simplified to be completely
exact. But from an experiential point of view they provide helpful
references to allow you to find your way in the beginning.
1) Vibration, tingling, a feeling of pressure, weight, or density, all
have the same significance when felt between the eyebrows. They
indicate that something is being activated in the etheric part of
your third eye.
The etheric body is the layer of life force, equivalent to the prâna
of the Indian tradition and the qi of traditional Chinese medicine.
(The third eye is not a physical organ, it is predominantly etheric
and astral.)

This is very interesting. Perhaps my astral body is becoming more prominent during my practices? Or my third eye is opening more?

As I sit here and gaze at some of the characters on the screen ... as I am writing this ... my forehead is numb in a localized spot level with my eyebrows and about 3/4 inch behind my eyebrows. There is a pressure there. Hmmm.. My mind is calm and very quiet. It feels like I am meditating? I'm centered in the third eye, enjoying this. Like someone gave me a shot of novacaine at the top of my sinuses. Calm, relaxed, no effort. I think I'll go meditate.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  12:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tibetan, I think you're looking a bit too deeply into something that probably doesn't really mean much of anything. I mean, you're looking at both sides, which is cool, biology vs. the spiritual, but it's too obvious that you're favoring the spiritual and hoping that "this means this and that I'm at this level, which makes me awesome". Honestly, I kinda laugh on the inside at people that speak of "spiritual progression" hehe. I understand where they're coming from, I've been there, part of me is still there, but the whole thing is a little ridiculous.

I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything. Honestly, being centered in the third eye doesn't mean much of anything without the right mindset. It'll bring up A LOT of stuff and your mind will undoubtedly want to avoid some or get attached to others... they're both attachment at the core.

I'm still easing out of a sort of "third eye awakening". I know what you mean by that pressure, it might start burning too, almost like some dude with really hot fingers is poking your third eye from the inside (thats really the best way I can describe it haha). I wouldn't say stop it if that happens, just sit it out, but don't feed it or you can go overboard, and bring up too much subconscious stuff all at once. Just keep focusing on whatever practice you were doing at the time.

I reckon pulsing is an indication of a bit of an overload there, a lot of stuff being cleared out, and the key is to just watch it happen, catch yourself when you're going into desires of any sort, especially spiritual desires, spiritual ego. No need to feed it, no need to repress it, just watch as it slowly grows and dies.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  10:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Tibetan, I think you're looking a bit too deeply into something that probably doesn't really mean much of anything. I mean, you're looking at both sides, which is cool, biology vs. the spiritual, but it's too obvious that you're favoring the spiritual and hoping that "this means this and that I'm at this level, which makes me awesome".

The part I find frustrating is that most Qi Gong meditations in Taoism, kundalini techniques, etc ad nauseam all say to roll the eyes up and look at the third eye. Or, look at the tip of your nose. One instruction was to look at your finger and then bring your finger to the tip of your nose. Well, when I do that, I see the two blind spots of the eyes. They appear as two dark little circles surrounded by a faint yellow light. Very similar to the patterns of lights that I see. So, I'm thinking that I'm actually looking at some kind of fluid pressure phenomenon through the blind spot, be it cranial-sacral ebbing, natural nerve impulse cycles or whatever. I would imagine that lots of meditators cross their eyes and end up looking through the blind spots at the lights. No mysticism here except that it takes a lot of concentration to keep looking at the blind spots.. And yes, it is a distraction.

quote:

I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything. Honestly, being centered in the third eye doesn't mean much of anything without the right mindset. It'll bring up A LOT of stuff and your mind will undoubtedly want to avoid some or get attached to others... they're both attachment at the core.

There is no additional stuff coming up when I see the lights. It's just quiet and peaceful and kind of mesmerizing to watch the ebbing and pulsing of the lights.. As soon as I get too tense the lights go away.

quote:

I'm still easing out of a sort of "third eye awakening". I know what you mean by that pressure, it might start burning too, almost like some dude with really hot fingers is poking your third eye from the inside (thats really the best way I can describe it haha).

I have heard about a burning sensation there too. :)

Thanks for your comments.

Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  01:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, I think the above was more something I was "voicing to myself" in a way. Sorta like, I saw part of myself in you, and I just felt the need to blurt it out.

Thanks for the kind reply though, I appreciate it :).

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  11:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I've made some progress, I think. At the end of my second ayp standard meditation/practice for the day, the purple green lights were there again. So I focused my attention on my third eye area and simulated the feeling of letting go as if I was going to fall asleep. This feeling is sort like sucking in through the brow area, or pretending to fall asleep and fall backwards but from the forehead only.

Again, the lights got more intense and then the white blob of light appeared. I also noticed that I lost orientation of the body, as if I had become a cloud of vapour or something. So it got me thinking...

I started to do spinal breathing: On the in-breath I 'sucked in' through the third eye. On the out breath I pushed out. Then I reversed it to see what would happen. It seems that I can get some kind of 'flow' happening, both in and out. However the 'in' is easier.

Towards the end of the experiment, I would take a long deep breath and suck in through my third eye. This resulted in an intense pain at the base of the skull where it connects to the neck and a lot of pressure at the lower back of the skull.

Right now, I can close my eyes, suck in through my third eye and the lights appear (so does the pain at the top of the neck).

I think I've discovered the neck knot. I believe that if it were clear, I could have sucked in from my third eye down to my spine.

Last night I was reading this in "Opening the Dragon Gate":

quote:

When Wang Liping worked on the minor cycle, or the cycle of the moon, by inner concentration and plenitude the energy broke through the passes of his coccyx, midspine, and the back of the head. When it reached the "Gate of Heaven" at the top of the head, however, he needed a mentor to attend to him.

Around the aperture on the top of the head there are always four flashing points of brightness; the ancients called these the "four great spirits of the gate." Their adamant guardianship makes it hard for the pure energy inside the body to burst through here. It is necessary for a teacher to move those "four great spirits of the gate" before the "gate of heaven" can be opened.

So now, this has really got me wondering. Are the "flashing points of brightness" the purple green white yellow pulsing lights?

Is that a knot in my neck or a blockage?

I know the guru is in me, but the guru that is in me just doesn't have a clue.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  02:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hmm, just curious, is your "neck knot" off to one side or another. Almost every time I go into meditation, and my body really relaxes itself, I always get a cramp where my neck meets my shoulder on the left side. I reckon it could be a throat to third eye sort of blockage.

My necks always been kinda stiff in the back. I know my everyday posture probably doesn't help. It always seems more pronounced while meditating. I reckon at least for me, it's a blockage of some sort (that pronounces itself more physically by the knot on my left side. Though I can also feel an imbalance or blockage closer to the middle at the back of my neck. I think "macro" level stuff usually points at "micro" or spiritual level blockages).

Edited by - Divineis on Apr 22 2008 02:34:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  02:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
another thing I just remembered, that I thought might help... usually when a certain pain comes up while meditating, i'll allow my focus to move to it. I think the key here is having no expectations, just watch the pain, allow your being to be "sucked into it" in a way.

I've had some interesting results come up from that before.

There's also "automatic yoga". When I'm a little tense, some form of automatic yoga almost always comes up. It's kinda like some force is acting on my body, or like my body just wants to move in a certain way. I'll usually let it do its thing, and I'll always feel pretty relaxed\at ease afterwards.

So if you feel particularly tense somewhere... just bring your focus there, and let the tension\pain\whatever guide you. Your body always knows what's best :). All you need is to allow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000