Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini and witnessing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  5:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I thought I'd mention this. I bought Osho's Kundalini Meditation CD a few weeks ago. The whole routine is divided into four 15 min parts. The first part is (you guessed it) standing up and shaking the whole body starting with the legs! The next 15 min part is dancing followed by rest and then grounding.

TI

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  9:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by topflight
Kunlun seems to be fine with deep meditation.

I just want to note that the (common) notion that kundalini is associated with pranayama and not with meditation is false.

For me, kundalini only stirs up during meditation...as I let go. It may be that I'm practicing pranayama incorrectly (per the current thread), but I've approached it as a much more controlled practice, and kundalini never appears for me when I'm controlling, only when I'm surrendering.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  11:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I just want to note that the (common) notion that kundalini is associated with pranayama and not with meditation is false.

Kundalini awoke for me with just meditation, I hadn't heard of pranayama and never did any breathing prior to the inner energies awakening.

quote:
For me, kundalini only stirs up during meditation...as I let go. It may be that I'm practicing pranayama incorrectly (per the current thread), but I've approached it as a much more controlled practice, and kundalini never appears for me when I'm controlling, only when I'm surrendering.

I don't notice kundalini energy very much at all anymore. The first few months after awakening were full of ecstasy and more sexual versions of it. I extended this by going heavy on mudras or adding practices and stuff for a couple of extra months beyond the initial first few, addictive stuff that ecstasy! Nowadays, 3 years later, it is quiet and unnoticeable in the background for the most part, with energy flair-ups (not ecstasy) if I go over. Intense kundalini feelings (like at the beginning) only happen now during tantra and I can only elicit other ecstasy like feelings if I put my attention near the spinal nerve but again, are not intense like the initial awakening or during tantra.

This doesn't seem to fit with any AYP models on the evolution of the inner energies as I seem to be going in the other direction? There is emotional goood feelings (bliss?), but also not intense, and only when I am on the right side of the equation with practices and not over. Just general feelings of being happy and feeling love easily, some days now stretching from practice to practice for the most part and then to bedtime if I am lucky. Go figure?

Edited by - Anthem on Apr 08 2008 09:35:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  10:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthem, FWIW, in my experience, it's hard to differentiate between kundalini going "quiet and unnoticeable in the background" and kundalini going into dormancy. There were times when I felt it was the former, and then I'd suddenly have a big dramatic awakening, and say "ah, right...ok, yeah, THAT'S kundalini", though it was a bit less "dramatic" each time that happened (and it happened with geometrically increasing frequency). If you get buzzy ears from awake kundalini (as many of us seem to), that's the best bellweather. Better yet, of course, is to pay it no attention at all. But I, myself, am forced to monitor, because my "overdoing" headroom can shrink down to nothing if I'm not careful..

quote:
This doesn't seem to fit with any AYP models on the evolution of the inner energies as I seem to be going in the other direction? There is emotional goood feelings (bliss?), but also not intense, and only when I am on the right side of the equation with practices and not over. Just general feelings of being happy and feeling love easily, some days now stretching from practice to practice for the most part and then to bedtime if I am lucky

That is very much a fit with the AYP model, actually.

You hit a point where you are no longer "waiting for something to happen". You know what happens...kundalini drama....and it becomes familiar enough that you realize it's just another experience. And it's so intense that you realize there's nothing else that can "happen", no other "experience" that will make you say "OK, I'm there!"....and you are finally able to truly settle in to doing practices like brushing teeth, without expectations, and that's when heady ecstasy starts coagulating into low-humming bliss.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  10:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Anthem, FWIW, in my experience, it's hard to differentiate between kundalini going "quiet and unnoticeable in the background" and kundalini going into dormancy. There were times when I felt it was the former, and then I'd suddenly have a big dramatic awakening, and say "ah, right...ok, yeah, THAT'S kundalini", though it was a bit less "dramatic" each time that happened (and it happened with geometrically increasing frequency). If you get buzzy ears from awake kundalini (as many of us seem to), that's the best bellweather. Better yet, of course, is to pay it no attention at all. But I, myself, am forced to monitor, because my "overdoing" headroom can shrink down to nothing if I'm not careful..

I haven't experienced the inner energies going dormant, I am aware of the energy and feel its activity particularly during sleep. They have just changed from very ecstatic and full-blown to quiet (for lack of a better word), without a sexual/ ecstatic component but still ever pushing through the spinal nerve and centers in the head. I am more likely to experience "inner sunburns" than ecstasy these days if I am over in practices. Feelings of ecstasy, though not intense, occur by doing root lock or more intensely with tantra practices. So it seems to have simmered down since the beginning in the ecstasy department as I don't have that sensation from the energy pushing through the nadis as I used to.

quote:

That is very much a fit with the AYP model, actually.

You hit a point where you are no longer "waiting for something to happen". You know what happens...kundalini drama....and it becomes familiar enough that you realize it's just another experience. And it's so intense that you realize there's nothing else that can "happen", no other "experience" that will make you say "OK, I'm there!"....and you are finally able to truly settle in to doing practices like brushing teeth, without expectations, and that's when heady ecstasy starts coagulating into low-humming bliss.

This is a good point to hit, the realization that there is nothing to do, no mental strategy on how to do anything is necessary and that nothing has to happen. Enjoying the now and letting its ever expanding evolution captivate you.

Ironically all the letting go of the mental tendencies comes from the daily practices.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  10:21:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11
I haven't experienced the inner energies going dormant, I

My point is that it's not something that is experienced. You only know they were dormant when they fully reignite. It's happened several times to me (though the frequency is accelerating), and I still can't tell. Prana level can remain high, with all the familiar indications of increased energy, with kundalini being dormant (except for some after tremors and little bursts).

May not be true for you. There's no way for either of us to know. I know that's counter-intuitive to you. Was for me.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  1:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthem: "I am aware of the energy and feel its activity particularly during sleep."

... are you always awake during sleep nowadays? Both dream sleep and deep sleep?

Sorry, a bit off topic, just got caught by the line...
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  2:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Anthem: "I am aware of the energy and feel its activity particularly during sleep."

... are you always awake during sleep nowadays? Both dream sleep and deep sleep?

Sorry, a bit off topic, just got caught by the line...

For the most part, the first 1.5 to 3 hours of sleep I have no idea if I even exist and am unconscious of anything that may or may not go on during that period. I prefer it this way as I feel more rested in the morning but that could be a habituation thing? Sometimes if I am not sleeping deeply I dream during this period and am aware of it.

I have always been a light sleeper which might explain it, but for the rest of the night, 7.5 to 9 hours in total (including the deep sleep part), I am aware I am dreaming pretty much the whole time. I still feel rested in the morning as I am used to this.

I am not witnessing 24/7 yet as there are still some emotionally loaded thoughts that pull me out of presence at times. At least I can say, here I go as the suffering begins! Making it through a day is one thing, but a week...that's telling, Yogani knows what he is talking about!

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  4:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow... that's awesome! Thanks for answering. Please report when you know what's going on during deep sleep! Would be very interesting to follow your development on that.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  10:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you interfere with the plot lines of the dreams? i.e. "lucid dreaming"?
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  7:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Jim: Can you interfere with the plot lines of the dreams? i.e. "lucid dreaming"?

I don't know if you can consider it interferring, but it's a manipulation of the dream elements of the literal dream. But then again, I remember that I would look at a leaf or a tree and if it seemed strange or out of the ordinary then I knew I was dreaming and could change the dream accordingly. That's how I learned to naturally cue myself that I was dreaming.

In reality the dream is different, since there are other people involved and it's not interferring with anyone else, but being a real tool sometimes: LOLOL Get it? (ahem ) Anyway, we all do this to some extent and more often than not you don't know how it happens. That's my experience. Maybe there are those that know exactly how to work perfectly within this dream reality, but I haven't mastered it and it just comes about naturally or the universe supports you this way. So whatever happens happens, since, as you said: "ego happens - awareness is": LOL I'm thinking that's a great bumper sticker, btw:

VIL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000