AYPsite.org Forum
 Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Cosmic Samyama - the power of 16 words
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just wanted to share an interesting lesson on self-pacing.

I have been fairly stable in practices over the last 5 months or so with the occasional need to self-pace here and there, perhaps once a month or so, which is pretty good for me as I am a serial over-doer! Slow pattern recognition as they say...

I'm already on a "tight-leash" in the self-pacing department with recognition that an extra minute of pranayama or meditation can put me on the wrong side of the equation. These AYP practices become incredibly powerful the more we use them over the years.

In any event, despite my knowing the above, after reading a forum post by Yogani the other day mentioning that practices like Cosmic Samyama don't need to be stopped, just paced appropriately, my mind thought it would be a good idea to add it back in as I stopped a year or so ago, because it was affecting my sleep at night.

I reasoned that doing it after my morning practice session, during rest as prescribed and skipping the evening so I could sleep, would be the best way to go. Well I didn't get very far!

Two mornings of samyama ( a total of only 5 minutes or so a day), coupled with perhaps (debatable) a little excess tantra, lead to 4 days of burning (mostly crown) and inner emotional rawness like I haven't experienced in a long time from over-doing.

So just in case you weren't sure these practices were doing anything, just ask my loved ones how fun I was to be around this past weekend!

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:58:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Anthem11: So just in case you weren't sure these practices were doing anything, just ask my loved ones how fun I was to be around this past weekend!

LOL:

I'd say the sexual practices are no longer condusive to your spiritual growth/awareness and have outlived their usefulness.

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  09:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VIL

LOL:

I'd say the sexual practices are no longer condusive to your spiritual growth/awareness and have outlived their usefulness.

VIL

Hi VIL,

Tantra practices will always be part of my life in some form or another. It is really unavoidable if one wants to maintain harmonious relations with a life-partner. It also becomes a dynamic which perpetuates itself within you with very little stimulus.

It can be physical tantra that integrates with intimate physical relations, but this can evolve so that little or no physical is required. The inner tantric flow continues within and is amplified with connection to your partner or by simply bringing attention to some areas of your own body.

So I see it as life-long, not something that is out-grown, but rather something which is ever evolving.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  12:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, Anthem11, I was actually going to change the post, earlier, to "maybe" followed by a question mark, instead of "I'd say" (kind of presumptuous of me: ), but I had to run out.

I see what you mean and it makes sense:

VIL

P.S. Although I don't think that it's a prerequisite for a harmonious relationship, but if it works than it works.

Edited by - VIL on Apr 09 2008 12:38:41 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000