New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  7:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi

I am writing this so that I have a clear record of what just happened.

I first started the AYP practices back in November. My routine involved deep silence "i am" meditation twice a day. Gradually, I added spinal breathing and samyama. My meditations produced a lot of visions culminating to the point where a large dark cavern fill with water appeared. During the mantra repitition, in an effort to whisper the mantra and become quieter and quieter, I took the mantra to a part of the mind where I could see the words as I mentally chanted them. I had interesting experiences with the visions, and at one point I punched a whole into the back of my head where there appeared this huge black void. I had some fun with that (wrote about it in another post). I have also done numerous other practices such as Usui Reiki channeling, Kunlun, crystal meditation, divine energy channeling and some other things..

About three weeks ago, during deep meditation with shambhavi I noticed a connection between my third eye and my genitals. This distracted me quite a bit and was turning my meditation into a sensory extravaganza. I felt that sex has no place in deep silence meditation; I felt that it probably comes into play more so in the spinal breathing/root lock section. So, I decided to quit the shambhavi and go back to deep silence meditation. Part of my reasoning was that several time I have read that the first step is deep silence and that once this is firmly established, then you start adding other things.

So, I started over. Breath of Fire (bellows breath, bhastrika) for 2 minutes, spinal breathing with root locks and tongue on palate for 5 minutes and then simple deep silence meditation: "i am".. "i am". I would focus the eyes a bit upward but I stayed away from that region upwards about an inch behind my brow because that's where the genital sensations reside. My forehead would get numb and I would feel a pressure as usual, but that was it. I spent the last ~three weeks doing that practice twice a day for 30 minutes.

As I progressed again through the meditation, I would experience periods of silence throughout the day. I would 'catch' my self just staring blankly, thinking of nothing in particular. Throughout the days of the return to simple deep silence meditation, again, towards the end of each session I would find myself in a large dark cave with what seemed like an endless pool of calm water in it.

Last night I started reading "Ennio Nimis's" Kriya Yoga book. I was particularily interested in this part, where he mentions the little peaceful pond in his instructions for silence meditation:
quote:

A few minutes later, the awareness is all gathered in the eyebrows region, as if inside a "little, peaceful pond"...]

The realization came upon my that perhaps my large dark cave with water on the bottom was the "little, peaceful pond" and that perhaps I had achieved sufficient deep silence to start adding other yoga techniques once again.

Today, still unsure about whether or not I had attained sufficient deep silence, I drove out to my favorite secluded hill top and performed the Breath of Fire, spinal breathing and then standard deep silence meditation. This took me 30 minutes. Nothing eventful happened. I drove home quietly, silently and very relaxed. On my way home I wondered about the 'genital connection' in my third eye...

When I got home, I decided to go back to the point where I was at three weeks ago and give it a go again. It wasn't meditation, but I felt I had enough inner silence and I felt confident that I hadn't missed a step and that I wasn't going too fast..

I set my alarm for 1/2 hour and sat in easy posture on my sheep skin rug in my dark room. I did 4 very short root locks, put my tongue on the uvula and did the neck lock, rolled my eyes up and started to focus 1 inch behind my the brow, where that area which produces the sensations is. With not too much effort I hit it. My genitals once again felt like there was a field of magnetic waves encasing them accompanied with some pleasureable sensations.

My mind would wander a bit; I made a mental notation that I wasn't going to do any mantra repitition. Just focussing on that spot in my head. It took a while to get a constant beam of attention on that spot. The sensations were very distracting.

The spot behind my brows appeared to me before as a kind of misty area that resembled waves of heat rising off hot pavement much like a mirage. Or maybe a little cloud of moving mist. It was more like a feeling. As I focused on it, gradually, the mist dissovled and I could see this black flame thingy which kind of resembles a small vagina of sorts. [at this point I lost my concentration and noticed that I had a lot of heat in my buttocks and lower spine].

It took me a little while to ascertain that the black flame (with a touch of red at the bottom) and the spot behind my brow were in fact the same spot. I tried to find the old familiar spot again but instead, there was the black flame thingy there. Fine. I focused on the black flame.

At this point I noticed that the heat had risen in my spine to my heart level. I focused on the black flame and kept my concentration on it. Again, there were pleasurable sensations rising from my genital region. The path they were taking seemed to be up my abdomen. I kept focussing. I heard many bells in my right ear. The heat kept rising into my neck.

At that point my alarm went off (1/2 hr). I was very excited emotionally and had a debate as to whether or not I should stop and assess what I was doing. I decided to relax and keep going.

I wondered what I could do with the black flame. I focused on the black flame again and took a slow deep breath like I do when spinal breathing. The white misty stuff that follows my attention when I spinal breathe followed my attention and went into the black flame. WOW!!! I was enveloped with waves of tingles throughout my whole body. The connection was drawing the tingles back into my body. My body dissolved. I was a cloud of tingles, pleasurable sensations; I was moaning at this point. I never wanted to leave this state! I had found the cosmic vagina, the source of unlimited tingles!

At this point the heat had risen to my head. There was a column of heat from the base of my spine to my face. Noticing this brought me back for a bit. Nah, not a big deal. I can deal with heat. I took another slow breath and pushed my misty attention into the black flame again. Again, big rush of waves of tingles. WOW!! By now the front channel on my body was pulsating, my mind experienced an overload of thoughts and scenery. It was like watching 3000 television shows all at the same time and hearing 100 voices talking simultaneously. I ignored the visions and thoughts, I mean, it was so wonderful to float in this cloud of bliss. Bliss. I wonder if this is the rise of ecstatic bliss that Yogani talks about. Not just a taste but a connection to constant bliss. WOW!

I kept the connection to the black flame going for a while. The heat was feeling very nice. I felt like the miner who had discovered the mother load. I noticed that the bottoms of my feet were tingly. I noticed that I was engulfed in waves of tingles. When I quit focusing on the black flame, after a while the tingles would subside, but not much. Then I'd focus again on the black flame, push my misty sushumna stick out into it and I'd get more waves of tingles. I did this many times just to convince myself that this connection in fact did exist. It does!

At that point I decided to shut it down. That whole session had lasted 63 minutes. I got up and rested on the bed for 10 minutes. While I was resting, I did a few checks to see if the connection was still there. I would focus on the black flame, get a rush and then quit. I put my hands over my lower tan tien and grounded for a while. I got up and walked around. My whole body felt like a charge of electrical current. I noticed that I was sweating on my spine from the middle of my back upwards. The balls of my feet felt like there was electrical current shooting out from them. I went and had a few cigarettes to contemplate what had just happened.

I decided that I should eat something to help ground me. I cooked some food and ate, all the while feeling like I was a cloud of tingles. The waves are quite intense.

As I sit here now, writing this recount, there is quite a bit of heat up my spine, over my head, through my face, and down into my chest. My hands, arms and legs feel sort of like raw nerves from the tingling. I have a somewhat constant flow of something starting from the back of my heart going upwards. I am starting to get a little depressed and I think I may have too much pressure in my head.

I think I'll go for a walk and enjoy the snow and contemplate this new found discovery.. ground for a while.. smile

TI

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  8:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, it's cool to play with energy :) but for me this would be overdoing it - e.g. raw nerves tingling, electricity in the hands and feet - typical stuff. I mean overdoing it from the point of view of long-term, consistent progress. Everytime you do experiments like this you're in the risk of overload, which means that sooner or later you'll be forced to cut back on your practice, which in turn makes for a longer journey :) That's how I see it and it's up to everyone to weigh the pros and cons.

Just don't forget to always come back to regular, steady practice with self-pacing, which is what makes the difference. The root-brow connection will stay, no worries, and it's nothing compared to the peace inside, yes? :)

Enjoy, but not to the point of over-indulgement :)
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  12:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting your experiences Tibetan_Ice. I too hope you don't over do it. Take care.
Go to Top of Page

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  8:45:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim and his Karma wrote to me after I had posted about a similar experience. He welcomed me to spiritual puberty. I was a bit miffed at the time, I sure didn't want anyone pouring a bucket of "Whoa Nellie" on my spiritual fire. Glad he did.

It sounds like we may both "attack" the practice from time to time, and enter meditation aggressively, perhaps with expectations set and goals to attain--if nothing, to see how high we can take the peak experience. To a degree, I think it is a very important part of our journey. We should always do what we can to easily favor the practice, however there are instances where we need to push in order to settle in to what we have, and climb to a higher frequency. If we don't flex hard at times, we don't get the spiritual lactic acid backlash that does two things: reminds us to self-pace and gives us a chance to easily come back to the practice...part of which is self pacing.

No doubt you felt the cosmic engine getting revved up, and it sure sounds and smells and looks and vibrates like a Bliss Banging Harley--the wind roaring Infinite Silence...now hang on.

I was warned not to ride to fast. I got away with a few energizing energy events, and am thankful. I can see how it could get out of hand very easily--nice little trick of the fading ego,

EGO:

The rain stopped. The roads aren't that slick. See what you can really do this time.

SFX: Sirens. The SPIRITUAL EMT enters grim faced.

SPIRITUAL EMT

Damn. He blissed himself into a tree at 87 miles per hour.

EGO bends down to get a better look at the glowing body with the smiling face and attentive lingam.

EGO:

He went out happy.

You made a breakthrough and much of what you have been reading about is happening to you. Congratulations. TI this could be a very pleasant affirmation that AYP does what Yogani says it will. The lessons are all there for a reason, and if any message comes through to you it's joy at your joy. Be careful. It's a real double edged sword realizing the next steps entail getting past and through all you have experienced--the cool part is it gets even better. :)

Take it easy and think about saving some for later.

Big love-

Scott
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  9:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice
About three weeks ago, during deep meditation with shambhavi I noticed a connection between my third eye and my genitals.

The connection is actually between third eye and root. The latter is close enough to genitals that you can be confused, especially if you're conditioned into associating sexual energy with genitals.

I'm usually pretty anti-concept in all this, but I just intuitively feel that maybe it would help you to make this slight conceptual adjustment in how you're viewing this stuff. In terms of yoga, your genitals are not a very intrinsic part of what's going on, at all. There's no cockchakra!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Mar 31 2008 9:09:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  12:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by scottfitzgerald
No doubt you felt the cosmic engine getting revved up, and it sure sounds and smells and looks and vibrates like a Bliss Banging Harley--the wind roaring Infinite Silence...now hang on.
Damn. He blissed himself into a tree at 87 miles per hour.

Hi Scott
Did I ever tell you about the time I hit a sparrow at 90 mph? The wings were stuck in the clutch lever. The head hit my visor. When I stopped to assess the damage, the heart was on my gas tank still beating!

I think you are giving good advice and I am cautious. When I did my practice that evening, I was a little scared. I didn't want to push anything. So I didn't focus on the black flame much (maybe a few seconds here and there to affirm it's existence and reaction). After carefully testing, the fear went away but generally I stayed away and stuck to the normal routine.

quote:

EGO bends down to get a better look at the glowing body with the smiling face and attentive lingam.

The part though that is a little strange to me is that my lingam was not erect. ?? It is more like a draw from the testicles [perenium] mixed in with the sacral chakra, the lower tan tien and the solar plexus chakra following the frontal vagus nerve route upwards. That was what is sort of surprising about the heat rising up the spine.. It was almost as if the water path melted some drops that fed the fire path up the spine.

quote:

Take it easy and think about saving some for later.

I found your post called "Pushing through the fear" and I read Jim's caution which says "And there can be time lags of a few days before symptoms appear." Hmmm. Yogani also warns about this effect. I've noticed it too a few days later after going for gusto with bhastrika when I first started practicing.

I'm fine today. I did two standard practices with meditations and I noticed that it is a bit harder to find the black flame, but it is still there. And yes, there is a certain amount of trepidation that is evident now right before practice. There is also awe and intrigue which sort of interferes a bit with the meditation. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks again for your comments.

TI

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  01:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma
There's no cockchakra!

Hi Jim
Are you sure? I found this
quote:

The chakra beneath the Sea of Chi Centre is the Genital or Pubic Centre. This chakra is refrerred to by Barbara Brennan as the Pubic Centre, and in Taoism is called the Sperm or Ovarian Palace (Jing Gong/Zhongji) in Taoism.

It is located in men at the base of the penis, and in women above the pubic bone, approximately one palm's width below the navel [Chia, p.187]. It supports the genitals and the sex-drive. The sexual organs themselves also possess their own minor chakras which are responsible for sexual functioning and the sex and reproductive instincts, but these chakras connect to the rest of the energy system of the organism through the Pubic Chakra in the front, and the Sacral Chakra to the rear

Here is the link: http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/Pubic.htm

TI
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  02:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jim,

Using under the hood tibetan tantric description, what TI says is correct.

Please see this book on page 19-20 then chapter "Inner Fire" then next chapter:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Oi...DVCBJEs4CdwM

Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Apr 01 2008 03:01:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  08:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But there's a difference between "the area at the base of the penis" and the penis. The penis is a flap of skin hanging off the body...an optional release valve for downward-oriented energy.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Apr 01 2008 10:08:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  1:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But Jim, I don't understand what you mean because page 19 clearly talks about: tip of sexual organ (2), centre of sexual organ (8) and base of sexual organ (7) used later to perform tummo then even more advanced techniques.

Another very precise description of the 3 sexual chakras can be found on page 108 of the fantastic book "The Bliss of Inner Fire" written by Lama Yeshe. There are the secret chakra, middle secret chakra and tip secret chakra, the latter precisely at the tip of the penis. This book also provides the position of these three sexual chakras for a woman inside her vagina which is not provided in the first book.

After all, the white drop (eventually becomes semen) at the tip of the penis to then go into vagina to meet the red drop (becoming eventually an ovule) to make a human being. So a penis is not just a piece of skin or valve, it has very deep esoteric wirings.

Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Apr 01 2008 1:41:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  6:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I said "in terms of yoga". I didn't say "in terms of any possible piece of esoteric writing you can find"!

I do apologize for my casual dismissal of the penis. If there are traditions that deem it a useful part of spiritual journey, that's fine by me.

But getting back to yoga in general, and AYP in particular, the big important connection is ajna to mulha: brow to root. Practitioners interpreting the base of that connection to be in the genitals should know they'll likely soon come to see that that's not quite really it. No need to force or conceptualize anything. It's just a good thing to bear in mind.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Apr 01 2008 6:47:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  8:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found the penis to be an item of discussion only in the early days of AYP--with a bit of refinement that part gets sort of left out of the equation. Not that I mind at this point.

In truth--Willy's not the root. I can understand for some men that may be a hard truth to come by. The path is of transcendance, and that includes going beyond our lingam. The energy that resided there (or we gave to it) is much better focused on the practices.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  11:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah.

At first, everything "down there" feels like genitals...because, let's face it, those are the star players and focus of concentration for the vast majority of people (how many have even heard of a "perineum"?) By the time you start getting more precise and fine-tuned body sense, and, especially, energetic body sense, the genitals don't seem to play that much part.

At least in the yoga tradition.....
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  01:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Jim, i totally agree.

Just have in mind that tibetan consider 10 doors or gates to dissolve the winds into central channel.

They always recommend to practice first through navel gate (tummo aka inner fire yoga) and then, depending on what you want to practice, you can train on using other doors. For example, throat chakra door is very good to have powerful lucid dreams hence practicing dream yoga. Tip of penis door is best to have a long night of sleep hence very useful to practice deep sleep yoga (much more difficult than dream yoga). Heart chakra door is to practice clear light awareness linked to go consciously into death zone.

As a reminder, they never recommend using crown chakra door at the beginning which is the same recommendation provided by AYP system to avoid deep imbalance. Only when tummo is mastered (amp up red drops aka Shakti or Earth connection), then you can eventually practice crown chakra door (amp up white drops aka Shiva or Sky connection).

Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Apr 02 2008 07:29:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  12:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Yeah.

At first, everything "down there" feels like genitals...because, let's face it, those are the star players and focus of concentration for the vast majority of people (how many have even heard of a "perineum"?) By the time you start getting more precise and fine-tuned body sense, and, especially, energetic body sense, the genitals don't seem to play that much part.

At least in the yoga tradition.....

Hi Jim
I think we are probably saying the same thing. I found this:
"Through the practice of Kriya, we can have an experience of the Chakras.
Starting from Muladhar, the root Chakra, located over the anus at the very base of the spinal column, in the lower part of the coccyx, we encounter a centre which distributes energy to the legs, to the lowest part of the pelvis, irradiating especially the Gonads (testes in men, ovaries in women). "

Here is the link: http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/glossary.html

So, Ennio is saying that the root chakra is connected to the gonads which might explain the flacid lingam yet the wave field of magnetic energy circulating around the 'genitals'. Perhaps my reference to 'genitals' could have been more exact but the magnetic field which I felt seemed to encompass the whole outer stucture..

TI
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  4:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When making Love in stillness (not having sex), there's a profound energy coming from the tip of the penis. In particular, when being in the vagina all the way in, that's where the melting starts... That's where the beautiful dance begins... all by itself.

Just my two cents...
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  5:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

When making Love in stillness (not having sex), there's a profound energy coming from the tip of the penis. In particular, when being in the vagina all the way in, that's where the melting starts... That's where the beautiful dance begins... all by itself.

Just my two cents...

Hi emc
That is lovely to know! Thank you :)
I've read in tantric books and some taoist texts that there is also a chakra at the cervix (which is negative in charge) and that when it touches the tip of the penis (positive charge) it creates a powerful connection resulting in intense energy tranfers/flows. I would imagine that to complete the circuit both participants need another connection, like heart chakras joined or perhaps the tips of the tongues if their pathways are clear..

TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Apr 02 2008 5:23:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  6:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
It's been three days since discovering the black flame. So far, I feel fine; I have not noticed any serious repercussions from the adventure aside from this very interesting experience:

Last night I took a hot bath with patchouli, lavendar and rose essential oils. Because I had been reading Yogani's Mantra modification lesson, I decide to chant "AUM" for a while, as I lay there soaking. I spent a few minutes reverberating the "AUM", trying variations like "Ong" and "Om". I noticed that the "Ong" makes the nasal cavity resonate more while the "Om" causes the upper lip to vibrate. I was feeling quite relaxed so I stopped and was laying there in the tub.

Suddenly, in my third eye, a color picture appeared and I could hear "AUM". It sounded like a chorus of angels, a thousand voices all in perfect harmony resonating perfectly. The sound has a 'suspended' quality to it, like it is just hanging there. The sound pitches range from very low to very high. It looks like a round etheric image of various pastel colors but the colors are very subtle. It has a vapory quality about it. It is very easy to focus on it, it is very attractive and awesome. It is almost like it is focusing on me!

As I watched the scene and listened to the sound, the top and bottom of the round part of the image opened up and circled around, forming two white tubes, one on each side like this: o)(o I thought that was strange. The "AUM" feels like one long tunnel or cable and it folded over into two smaller white misty tunnels. This puzzled me somewhat. Two smaller tunnels... hmmm. I would distact myself and then focus on the "AUM" again, hear the sound, view the scene and the same transformation would take place; from one etheric sphere-like tunnel or cable to an expanse with two smaller tunnels on each side.

Today, during my morning meditation/practice session, I had great difficulty using the "i am" mantra. Instead, the "AUM" appeared. I love it, it is so impelling and profound. However, I kept trying to figure out if I should just watch and listen to the AUM, or stick to my routine and before I knew it, 40 minutes had passed.. So I went back to my desk. I felt so relaxed that I just went back into the AUM. Then a strange thing happened. All of a sudden, all thoughts ceased and it was like I had a solid beam of attention moving towards the AUM. My mind was exceptionally clear and felt kind of powerful and very focussed. This caused my head to move upwards, pulling my face upwards slowly by degrees.

Twenty seconds/minutes later or so I quit because it was lunch time. (kind of lost track of time). As I walked outside to the cafeteria, the AUM remained in my head.

It is persistent. When I focus on it, which is very easy to do, I experience very fine tingles and energy flows. There is definately an aura of pure divine essence in the AUM. When I focus on it and then split my attention to my immediate surroundings, like standing next to people in line, I can sense them with a greater perspicacity.

Now, I don't think that this experience is related to the black flame, but perhaps it might be. I wonder why the AUM scene kept folding into two smaller tunnels. Is one tunnel coming and the other one going? I'll have to explore some more..

TI
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4365 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  7:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

I would recomend that when you experiment with new practices, that you try just 5 or 10 minutes a day of a new practice, and then see how it is going after a week or two. This would limit the chances of anything going seriously wrong.

With your third eye experiment I would have expected things to go pear shaped after an hour or two if they were going to. Luckily they didn't. If you repeated the experiment for an hour a day, every day, then there could be an energy build up happening which could backfire on you further down the line (like after a week or so).

Great to hear about your experiments, and good luck.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  10:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice
I've read in tantric books and some taoist texts that there is also a chakra at the cervix (which is negative in charge) and that when it touches the tip of the penis (positive charge) it creates a powerful connection resulting in intense energy tranfers/flows. I would imagine that to complete the circuit both participants need another connection, like heart chakras joined or perhaps the tips of the tongues if their pathways are clear..

From page 108 of the book "The Bliss of Inner Fire" by Lama Yeshe:

http://books.google.fr/books?id=F9g...O83anY4mMSVg

There is also the secret, or sex, chakra. This is red, has thirty-two branches, and is level with the base of the spine. In a man, this is located at the base of the sex organ. As well, there is the middle secret chakra, also known as the jewel chakra, which is white and has eight branch channels; and there is the tip secret chakra, which is at the end of the penis, where the central channel ends.
A question might arise: the secret chakras of the male body are explained very clearly, but what about teh female chakras ? A woman also has three secret chakras: the secret, middle secret, and tip secret. For a woman, however, these three are hidden inside her body. The tip secret chakra, where her central channel ends, is at the end of the cervix where it opens into the vagina. The man's organ is outside, but the woman's is held inside. As this shows, there is a mutual arrangement between male's vajra and female's lotus.
Completion stage tantra also explains that a yogini has a subtle channel that extends from the end of her central channel, and that when the male and female organs join, this subtle channel enters the central channel of the yogi, giving rise to incredible bliss.

Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Apr 03 2008 10:59:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  11:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by selfonlypath

From page 108 of the book "The Bliss of Inner Fire" by Lama Yeshe:

http://books.google.fr/books?id=F9g...O83anY4mMSVg

There is also the secret, or sex, chakra. This is red, has thirty-two branches, and is level with the base of the spine. In a man, this is located at the base of the sex organ. As well, there is the middle secret chakra, also known as the jewel chakra, which is white and has eight branch channels; and there is the tip secret chakra, which is at the end of the penis, where the central channel ends.
A question might arise: the secret chakras of the male body are explained very clearly, but what about teh female chakras ? A woman also has three secret chakras: the secret, middle secret, and tip secret. For a woman, however, these three are hidden inside her body. The tip secret chakra, where her central channel ends, is at the end of the cervix where it opens into the vagina. The man's organ is outside, but the woman's is held inside. As this shows, there is a mutual arrangement between male's vajra and female's lotus.
Completion stage tantra also explains that a yogini has a subtle channel that extends from the end of her central channel, and that when the male and female organs join, this subtle channel enters the central channel of the yogi, giving rise to incredible bliss.

Albert

Hi Albert
Thank you very much for that! I appreciate it. Something I've always wanted to get confirmation about. The more the better. :)

I can see my root chakra at the base of the spine. It looks like a golden square from the top and somewhat pyramidical from the side. It has four dark red petals on the sides. There is a fine thread that comes out of the top of it progressing upwards into the spine. I believe this is the root chakra.

But the great part is this: A while ago, during a full body crystal layout, when some Reiki healers and I did a healing on lower end because I had started to get a sensation of a large heat ball in my buttocks area, I started to see a red thing that looked sort of like a pomegranite in that very same area. It was ruby red or perhaps a bit brighter. The whole image was not clear, but I could make out perhaps 30% of it. So that explains what that is!

I can also see my lower tan tien. It looks like a golden-orange ball, but that is higher up closer to and behind the navel. When I focus on that, I can release tingles from it that go up my spine and make me shiver.. It has a different flavour of tingles than the sacral chakra, which I can feel but cannot yet see..

Thanks again, Albert
TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  11:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi TI,

I would recomend that when you experiment with new practices, that you try just 5 or 10 minutes a day of a new practice, and then see how it is going after a week or two. This would limit the chances of anything going seriously wrong.

With your third eye experiment I would have expected things to go pear shaped after an hour or two if they were going to. Luckily they didn't. If you repeated the experiment for an hour a day, every day, then there could be an energy build up happening which could backfire on you further down the line (like after a week or so).

Great to hear about your experiments, and good luck.

Christi

Hi Christi
One of the purposes of my 'experiment' was to determine where I should be fixing my eyes when I meditate. You see, when I was meditating I would focus my gaze gently upwards between my brows. At the end of the meditation session, there was a big area on my forehead that felt like a numb kind of pressure and the rest of my brain felt somewhat numb too. Then, I discovered if I pulled my gaze a bit futher back, that is when the sensations started. So, I didn't think I was doing deep silence meditation anymore.

I have resolved my plight now. I do not focus on that area anymore, instead, there is a bright white light with some yellow in it about 20 degrees off top dead centre that I focus on, where the tunnel is. It is not that clear, but it started appearing yesterday, so I focus on that with my visual attention. I'm getting pretty good at it and I can almost get a constant stream of attention on it and leave it to focus on the mantra. When I start to get a constant stream of attention on it, parts of my body dissolve. Like yesterday, my legs and front arms dissolved. I could not feel them, they had become vapour or ether or something. Didn't really bother me, I just made a mental note of it and kept going.

Tonight's meditation was very good. Although I do get a lot of heat when I do mulabandha during spinal breathing, I keep it short; about 10 minutes. Then, I fix my gaze up, keep my tongue on my uvula and start the 'i am' mantra. At the end of tonight's session, when the time was up, I just let go. There was this big empty space in my head. My forehead was numb and it was so wonderful to just sit there. I also noticed that the tip of my tongue tingles like a small electric current has been passing through it. And, at times, I still had a sensation in the bottom end, but it was very mild.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I will keep it in mind. Mind you, I do have a habit of doing extended meditations and other things every once in while. It helps me learn things, push the envelope a little bit and expand my understanding.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  12:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Everyone
Part of my learning experience has been "where to focus the eyes". Since discovering the area behind my brow which causes the 'connectedness to the testicles' feeling followed by 'the body dissolving' followed by 'heat up the spine' I've been focusing much higher with my gaze and visual attention. This is a mistake. The area to focus on, for me, is behind the brow about 1 inch in and up slightly. Perhaps this is the junction at the top of the sinus where the prana and apana meet and can be combined?

Tonight, I found this article which motivated me to go back to that same location behind my brow.

Here is the link:
http://meditation.org.au/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=423

Here are the instructions:
quote:

Trataka : Meditation of third eye

Your third eye is hungry for awareness !.......

The meditation technique which you are going to read is 'Trataka' (also known as third eye meditation). In the belief system of 'Tantra' and 'Hatha Yoga' there is a concept of Kundalini .

[ Have you ever heard of Tantra or 'Hatha' Yoga ? If not then let me tell you very briefly that 'Tantra' is a sort of esoteric spiritual path that involves doing a number of activities which seem bizarre and odd to many people. Soon I'll write a separate article on Tantra. Keep watching ' New Articles'

'Hatha' Yoga is a branch of Yoga and it involves indulging in various physical exercises and breathing routines (known as Pranayam.) Many things in 'Hatha Yoga' and Tantra are common' . In this article, without going into the details of Tantra, Hatha Yoga or Pranayam, I have tried to present a simple meditation technique of third eye. The topics of Tantra, Hatha & Pranayam will be covered in other articles soon]

It has been discovered that there are seven chakras (or points of consciousness) in our body. These Chakras (literally Chakra means rings) are situated at different points in our body. Among these Chakras, the 6th Chakra is known as ' Aagya Chakra' located between the eyebrows and is said to be the seat of the mystical "third eye".

The physical location of this chakra is at the center of our forehead. Just above the place between our eyes. It is believed that Kundalini (the energy field) travels from the first Chakra (also known as Muladhara Chakra, situated at the base of our spine) and travels to 2nd, 3rd, 4th?..chakra to reach the 7th Chakra of Sahasrara. Here it meets with the Supreme Consciousness- Shiva. The 'Agya Chakra' is the 6th chakra (the second last Chakra in the path of Kundalini).

This 3rd eye meditation revolves around this 6th center of consciousness - Agya Chakra. This Agya Chakra' is considered as the center where our third eye resides. Though there is no physical third eye present in the body but at a more subtle, spiritual plane it has been experienced by many people that a stimulating center of consciousness exist here. Trataka (or third eye meditation) is the meditation technique of 'Agya Chakra'. When we focus our awareness on third eye, we automatically and instantly attain a meditative state.

Now without further going into the scientific explanation or spiritual significance of this meditation technique let us learn the exact method of this simple meditation technique of 'Trataka' which may take you into a meditative state instantly.

Here is the method:

[Please don't do this meditation in train or bus i.e. while traveling. You'll not be able to do it properly when your body is in motion. ]

Sit in the lotus pose (cross legged). [if it not possible for you then sit comfortably on chair or bad]

keep your spine straight.

close your eyes.

inhale and exhale deeply for 3 times.

Now concentrate on the middle of your forehead around the area which is a few centimeters above the middle of your eyes.

Keep your eyes closed and draw both of your eyes towards this center point of 3rd eye. I mean just look upwards with your eyes closed . Focus your closed eyes at 20-25 degrees above just at the center of the forehead (at the place of third eye.) Now slowly at about two-second interval, start counting in your mind backward from one hundred to one (that is 100,99,98,97....and so on). As you do it, keep your eyes centered towards the third eye.

[ Here I want to clear a doubt which comes in the mind of many people ]

Well it seems too vogue to know the exact position of third eye. In the middle of forehead is OK. but as I try to concentrate my both eyes at that point I get confused where is the exact point of third eye ? Is there a way to know that I have centered my eyes exactly on third eye?

Answer : To know exactly that you have centered your eyes on the third eye is very simple. As you draw your eyes towards the center of forehead by looking upwards at 20-25 degree angle, at a particular point both of your eyes will become still, absolutely motionless. You will feel as if a force is slowly pulling your eyes towards itself. It will be just like a magnetic attraction. As and when you experience this state, you'll be at the right point ! ]

Do you know what you'll feel ? You'll feel a pleasant strain on your eyes.

yes ! a pleasant strain in eyes.

There will be a strain but you will enjoy it. By the time you reach 3..2...1(in backward counting), you will feel a strange sensation in and around your third eye. There will be a feeling which is difficult to describe in words. Keep your concentration on third eye.

Once you achieved this state of stillness of eyes many of you will feel as if you can see your thoughts. Just like a screen you will see your thought appearing before you

. Have you ever thought what is the source through which we see the inner thought process of our body ?. When you close your eyes there are many things which we see and observe. We observe all those things through third eye.

Your thoughts will stop. If they appear at all, you will be able to see them like a dream. In this situation you will realize the real watcher in you. You will be able to easily perceive the witness inside you. Something different from body and mind and yet a part of you.

Just be in this state for 10-15 minutes.

Now slowly return from this state to the state of normalcy. Release the strain from your eyes and slowly shift them from the third eye to their normal position. Let them loose and free. Move your consciousness from the third eye.

Be still for few minutes. Allow the eyes to retain their normal movements. Inhale and exhale deeply for three time. Slowly open your eyes. Your meditation is complete.

This third eye meditation is a very powerful method for developing concentration. This is also a very very helpful exercise for eyes too. Your eyes will remain healthy. No matter how much strain and tension your eyes are subjected to in a day, doing this meditation daily in morning and evening insure your eyes against any further damage.

Meditating on 'Agya Chakra' is also believed to be helpful in developing intuitive power. Doing this meditation regularly certainly helps in developing intuition but I must clarify that the concept of intuition and clairvoyance are beyond the scope of this website. Here we will restrict ourselves with just learning meditation. Please note that we should not learn meditation for gaining some kind of meta-physical or supernatural expertise.

Learn meditation for the sheer joy of meditation, for the bliss it provides us. If you expect something from it, you will deviate from the path . Don't expect anything and you may get many rewards.

FEW WORDS OF WARNING:

Though I have taken care in explaining this meditation technique of Trataka by telling you just that which is sufficient for you ; I still feel that you should be aware of the sensitiveness of this meditation and about some precautions which you should follow while trying this.

When you meditate on Agya Chakra, you meditate on a part of your subtle body. It may happen that when you meditate on your third eye, you feel that the center of your forehead is heating up. When it happens it indicates that the third eye is attracting energy of the Kundalini. Though this heating is not harmful, you should be very careful. There may be a feeling of hotness with itching on third eye area. As and when it happens stop immediately. As a layman who does not know the intricacy of this Kundalini and its various paths, it s better to limit oneself to the process of meditation only i.e. achieving a still and thought-free state of existence.

Please don't indulge in this meditation too deeply if you start feeling too much hot sensation on your third eye area. Few things should be used only in moderation if we do not have the capacity to handle their larger implication.

So be happy and be meditative. Try third eye meditation without giving any thought to Kundalini awakening. Just do what has been told and you will be in meditation. The awakening of Kundalini is a concept of yogis who are full time dedicated to this subject. We, as a common men and women of twenty first century, neither have he time nor the patience which is required for Kundalini awakening. Nevertheless, if you do want to know more and experiment on this, please consult a yogic expert who can personally guide you. As far as meditation is concerned what I have told you is enough.

Tonight, I tried the aforementioned quoted third eye meditation!!!

I did no locks whatsoever, no kechari, no neck lock, not even lotus position just easy posture.

At first, it took me a few minutes to find that spot again, it is true that the angle of vision is about 25 degrees up. I felt a certain place where there is a distinct pressure or pull on the eyes and then the following sensory experiences occured again:

1) A feeling of some sort of connectedness from my brow to my testicles through the front channel in the body (no erection )

2) A feeling like the body is dissolving, some disorientation and floating type of sensation

3) The rise of heat directly up the spine. A slow fire that ascends gradually. (Love it)

4) After stopping the practice after 30 minutes, when the heat reached the top of my neck, I had quite a pain and pressure in my neck. I have noticed that I get this pressure when I channel divine energy from the crown too. I have come to realize that the pain/pressure at the base of the skull where it connects to my neck is an indication that energy is trying to get through or build up. Now I'm thinking that the neck lock and kechari might be very useful here in the future..

I can hardly wait to combine what I've learned from Yogani's lessons with the solidification of technique and understanding that I'm gaining through experimentation.

Meanwhile, if anyone decides to try the quoted meditation for awakening the third eye, I would be very interested to hear about your experiences.

TI

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  2:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
This is where I am at now.
I attained Level 3 Usui Reiki two weeks ago. The "Usage of Symbols" attunement opened up my hands quite a bit. The Level 3 attunement produced an effect like being in a rounded cocoon of energy.

About four days ago, during spinal breathing, I started to see the room in which I was meditating through closed eyes. Along with the room I could see my body and my spinal nerve as I was tracing it up and down. It is sort of like the cavern in my head expanded to encompass more of the surrounding area. Since then, this phenomenon is more pronounced and more easily accessible. I'm kind of practicing walking with eyes closed when I get the notion to test it.

Two days ago I performed 1 hour of Kunlun practice at night. That seemed to have opened up the tingle factory more so because the next day, I felt enhanced energy flows and tingles occuring later on in the day. I must admit that I haven't been Kunlun every day, just every now and then. I think of it as 'shaking therapy' to clear my legs.

Yesterday I performed two practice sessions during the day (bhastrika - 5 min, Spinal Breathing -5 min, ayam meditation -20 min, samyama 3- min, rest -10 min). This is my daily routine. All else is additional. Also, I started repeating the mantra like I am calling/whispering God's name.

Last night, after contemplating some Yogi Bhajan and Reiki Tummo practices, I decided to meditate on the point 1 inch behind my third eye. Since my hip was kind of sore from doing the full lotus for 1/2 the day before, I decided to practice while sitting on a chair instead.
I sat on the chair and noticed that my posture was perfect. The chair is just at the right level. I took a deep breath into the depths of my abdomen, relaxed my body and hands, and was feeling very content to be sitting in perfect posture (spine aligned just right).

At that point I noticed a pale white glob of light off in the distance. It was kind of nice and I was attracted to it. It looked like moonlight but the shape was not perfectly round. Since I was going to just focus on the region behind my brow, I proceeded to try to find the spot and focus on it. The glob of light called me back so I had another look at it. I spent maybe 15 seconds just looking at it.

At that point heat and flames started rising from my torso/bottom. Big Flames

Sometimes I will get little flames rising up the spine (a few times) or feel little balls of heat following my attention around my body. This time it was like the flame or ball of heat was about 2 feet wide, from my buttocks to the head. In two seconds I started to sweat. Perspiration was on my chest, back and oozing out from my scalp. I got sort of scared. I had never felt heat like that before. It was too wide and tall. It was like being in a sauna. My whole upper body was surrounded. I wasn't concentrating on anything particularily hard, just watching the light blob, sitting, relaxed in perfect posture. I shut it down. Shocked! Holy crow! I had become a large hot flame in under 1 minute.

I went to bed and layed there. My upper body was hot. My hands were very hot. I contemplated what had just happened. I guess it was more of a surprise than anything. I hadn't expected that type of a reaction. It took me a while to fall asleep. This morning I woke at 6:30 am and felt great. Usually I'll sleep in later on Saturdays, but not today.

Today's morning meditation/practice was fine. I was cautious and on the lookout for the light blob. A little one appeared, shaped like a pine cone but I did not focus on it. Instead, I kept to stock ayp routines. Only my face got hot as usual. No big flames.

I think it will take me a few days to digest the big flame phenonmenon. At this point I'm thinking that if I had continued, I would have either instantly combusted or perhaps experienced the intense rise of the kundalini??? I will have to research whether the full blown kundalini rising is preceeded by quick big flames and heat. Or perhaps someone here has some insight on this?

Thanks.

TI

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  11:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I have several stories today.

1) Two days ago I was standing outside. I was looking at the street through my third eye vision with regular eyes closed. The scene was relatively clear; things do not appear as 'flamey' as before. I noticed that there was a white car on the road about 30 feet in front of me. When I opened my eyes, it was not there. I mean, the street had no cars on it. I looked around to see if there was a white car on the other side of the street and there was not.

About five minutes later, the same white car that I had seen drives down the road and stops in the exact same location that I saw it in during the third eye vision! Now I'm figuring that I have to account for some kind of time warp during third eye vision sight. I still can't believe my vision was from 5 minutes into the future.. Hmmm..

2) I was sitting in the bathroom, drinking yogi tea, smoking and reading. I put the book down for a minute. After a few seconds a scene with a buddha sitting appeared right before me in my third eye vision. I watched it. The buddha had a staff in the right hand and a three pronged fork thing in the left hand. It was wearing a red and white gown of sorts and it's hair was tied up in a knot. As I watched, the buddha moved to the right and an infinte number of buddhas appeared as a string behind the first one.

My attention started following the string of buddhas. On and on they went. The trail of buddhas started twisting and turning as we went. My attention kept up. Suddenly, the string of buddhas turned downwards into a whitish tunnel. I tried to follow but I coudn't. So, I started following the tunnel, which turned and spiralled downwards. This went on for a while until the tunnel turned and pointed right at me and a buddha came out of it.

The buddha had a baby in it's arms and held it forward as if to give it to me. The baby had very long black hair and it grew into a female form very quickly. The female (she looked Japanese) then took out a bow and an arrow and shot it in the sky. I followed the arrow and it looked like it had pierced a white cloud that sort of looked like a miniature universe. The female then shot another arrow and this arrow had a flaming tip of fire on it like a burning marshmellow. She then shot a third arrow and this arrow had a 'V' on the tip with sort of rounded edges. After that, she produced a baby girl (pulled it from her abdomen) and held it up proudly in her right hand.

This whole vision lasted about 10 minutes. What the vision means? I don't have a clue but it should be interesting when it reveals itself.

3) I have read the "Clear Light of Bliss" once, and I am now re-reading it, studying it intensely. It is a great book. It has answered so many questions for me, especially about flames and heat!

I cried when I read the part that says the indestructable mind resides in the heart. (Steve is going to love that one.. haha)

The description of the process of concentrative meditation is one of the best I've ever read. Again, emptiness meditation is a separate practice from concentrative meditation, which is interesting because it appears to me that the 'i am' meditation has both intermixed.

According to this book, the main channel is shaped like an umbrella handle and goes from the navel to the heart, then to the throat, next to the crown and finally to the third eye. When I follow that pattern for sucking in cosmic energy through my third eye, my back of the head/neck doesn't hurt as compared to the pain I experience by sucking in the energy straight back from the third eye to the medulla.

The book references an episode of leaving the body through the crown and does state that although this phenomenon is a true experience it does not help in one's spiritual evolution. (This happened to me many years ago after a 3 hour meditation on an area about 6 inches above the crown). It is nice to find confirmation of experiences..

The vase breathing is very clearly described. This was a great mystery to me. You see, chi breathing or reversed breathing involves sort of compressing the air in the abdomen (tan tien) and sort of using the root lock. Yogi Bhajan talks about 'pressure' that is exerted to make the heat rise, but never really explains the process. The "Clear Light of Bliss" explains, step by step, how to store the heat and make the flames rise up the central channel, eventually melting drops that drip back down the central channel causing 4 types of bliss. This process works for me and I can follow it and get results immediately.

It has also explained my experience with too much heat and flames and pointed out some subtler methods of enacting the fire without breath control which also works for me.

I also appreciate that fact that this book has given me a viable explanation of the 'drops' of substance that I can see periodically on the spinal nerve.

There is also a part which explains adequately why the breath stops and how to recognize when central channel 'breathing' is starting to occur.

Funny thing, there is no mention of kundalini anywhere in the whole book, but you'd swear that you were reading a kundalini manual. The essence of the mahamudra is mixing bliss with emptiness, which is very similar if not exactly the same type of thing that the ayp lessons are designed for.

I highly recommend this book to everyone. I have great respect for Gyatso and his accomplishment of writing this book.

TI
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  07:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The article utilizes the "V"edanta traditon, explaining the three kinds of karma, via an archery metaphor, to help reduce the amount of experiences and to remember the target of meditation is self-realization through non-attachment to phenomenon:

quote:
Reducing karma through archery: The ancient sages of Yoga and Vedanta use the metaphor of Archery as a teaching tool for how to work with and reduce karma through the process of Yoga meditation. In Yoga Meditation, Karma is of three kinds: Sanchita, Kriyamana, and Prarabhda, using the metaphor of three kinds of arrows in archery. Karma Yoga is the Yoga that emphasizes doing Yoga while also doing actions in the world, or Meditation in action.

...Not becoming diverted by the in-flight arrows: Because of these stray arrows, one may easily become diverted from the path of Self-realization. Those old arrows, shot long ago, continue to come and cause problems. Often what happens is that due to these old arrows, still in flight, we end up firing more arrows along the same off-course path. We can end up having just as many arrows in the air that are off-course, rather than seeing the number go down.

Being kind to ourselves: The solution is to be very kind with ourselves, as we cultivate persistence and patience. We may want spiritual energy, grace, or shakti to come to us, yet one of the first forms of that comes as determination. To have, cultivate, or pray for such determination is an essential practice on the journey to Self-Realization.

http://swamij.com/archery-karma-yoga.htm

Namaste:

VIL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000