Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 spinal breathing vs cosmic orbit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  01:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey,

I've practiced cosmic orbit meditation a bit in the past, though I was wondering what the main difference between the two "circuits" is. From my understanding, cosmic orbit is basically exactly the same, except on the out breath, you focus on the front of your body rather than your spine. (you start at the navel, then move down to the perineum and up the spine, then back down the front, ending at the navel).

I was kinda unclear at first on the AYP spinal breathing, wether or not it's sorta the same thing. I mean, from what I see on the lessons, you always stick to your spine, which to me is in the back, though I'm finding it sorta feels that on the out breath, the focus, still on the spine, tends towards awareness of energy at the front of your body.

I'm not really sure if this is just a "cosmic orbit" sort of tendency\wether or not I should try and focus purely on the central channel, on my spine.

Any clarifications\advice is really appreciated. Thanks :).

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  12:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Divineis:

You might find this topic interesting:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=500
(pardon the diversion into kriya yoga there -- it comes back to the topic eventually)

There are many other topics buried here that discuss this from one angle or other. Try subject line searches on taoism, front channel, nectar, amrita and other words that tie in.

Yes, AYP spinal breathing pranayama is up and down the spinal nerve. In the AYP approach, front channel opening is addressed primarily through mudras and bandhas. Seems to work.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  7:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if the root lock is initiated and held at a steady point of tension while deep breathing. both spinal breathing and microcosmic orbit may work in the same way.
or at least how their supposed to.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000