Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Miracle of Love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  3:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am writing this AYP Forum Topic as a reviewer of the first edition of the following book:

"Miracle of Love (stories about Neem Karoli Baba)"
Text copyright 1979 by Ram Dass
Stories copyright 1979 by Hanuman Foundation
Photographs copyright 1979 by Rameshwar Das
copyright 1979 by Krishna Dass and Hanuman Foundation

My review is, as I have said elsewhere, that I love that book - and the following brief passages quoted from page 319 of that book exemplify some of the reasons why:

For many years before I met Maharajji I was searching, going here and there, studying this and that. I began following strict yogic codes— brahmacharya, 3:00 A.M. risings, cold baths, asanas, and dhyan. It was during a period when I had given up coffee and tea that I met Maharajji. Tea was being offered to all of us, and I didn’t know what to do. I said nothing but did not accept a cup of tea, and Maharajji leaned over to me, saying, “Won’t you take tea? Take tea! You should drink the tea. It’s good for you in this weather! Take tea!” So I drank the tea. With that one cup of tea, all those strict disciplines and schedules were washed away! They seemed meaningless and unnecessary; the true work seemed beyond these things. Now I do whatever comes of itself.

Some Westerners who came to Kainchi from Rishikesh practiced the whole hatha yoga regimen, swallowing dhotis, putting string up the nose, and so forth. Maharajji urged them to stop being so fanatic about that, saying, “I did all those things myself. It’s not the way.”

The preceding brief passages were quoted in the context of this reviewer's preceding review of the following book:
"Miracle of Love (stories about Neem Karoli Baba)"
Text copyright 1979 by Ram Dass
Stories copyright 1979 by Hanuman Foundation
Photographs copyright 1979 by Rameshwar Das
copyright 1979 by Krishna Dass and Hanuman Foundation

Echo

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  3:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Echo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Suryakant

Thank you for recommending “Miracle of Love”. I can see why you like it so much. I was wanting a new book to read so found myself a copy after I saw your post. I finished it a few days ago and enjoyed it enormously, very inspiring.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  5:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it would benefit me to read a book emphasizing the simplicity of practice. It is very easy for some to get mired in ideas of purity and regiments.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  12:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

I think it would benefit me to read a book emphasizing the simplicity of practice.

:) this made me laugh on the inside hehe. Don't worry, my egos like yours, that's why I laugh hehe.

haha, the crazy path of zen, the mind that seeks how to stop seeking.

:D namaste my friend.
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  02:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Echo

Hi Suryakant

Thank you for recommending “Miracle of Love”. I can see why you like it so much. I was wanting a new book to read so found myself a copy after I saw your post. I finished it a few days ago and enjoyed it enormously, very inspiring.

Glad you enjoyed "Miracle of Love", Echo. That book played a major role in the sequence of events that led me to the feet of my beloved Guruji.
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  02:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I think it would benefit me to read a book emphasizing the simplicity of practice. It is very easy for some to get mired in ideas of purity and regiments.

Neem Karoli Baba (Maharajji) loved the practice of remembering Ram and taking the name of Ram - a simple sadhana that can take you all the way to Ram.
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  02:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

quote:

I think it would benefit me to read a book emphasizing the simplicity of practice.

:) this made me laugh on the inside hehe. Don't worry, my egos like yours, that's why I laugh hehe.

haha, the crazy path of zen, the mind that seeks how to stop seeking.

:D namaste my friend.

The mind can be made to remember Ram until the mind dissolves in Ram and all that remains is Ram.
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  02:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link to my other AYP Forum posting about the book "Miracle of Love": http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3254
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000