AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 yawning in meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  2:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A poster was reporting yawning frequently during meditation.

I just noticed something very interesting. Next time you get a yawn in meditation (a relaxed, "opening up" sort of yawn, as opposed to a bored/sleepy yawn"), observe closely where the yawn emits from. And draw your attention immersively there and keep it there.

Note that this is NOT following AYP directions, which say to avoid going on experiential trips and to simply return to the mantra, period. So consider this just "something to try", no more than that.

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  4:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Melissa, I was offering a revelation (a small one!) more than soliciting.

You may want to work on it for a while (i.e. more than a quick try or two). If you trace the yawn back to its source, I think you'll get something out of it. Probably not best to do during AYP, however. Perhaps you could do some dry run yoni mudras outside practice time just to fool around with this?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000