Healing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  08:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

From the book, Yoga and Health by Yesudian and Haich:

My own master......was sitting in his little hut deep in the forest. In a clearing in front of the hut, we pupils were engrossed in conversation. Suddenly a mongoose came out of a thicket. Half dead, the poor little creature dragged itself over the ground and as it came nearer, we saw that it had been bitten by a snake. Its instinct drove it towards our teacher's hut. It was barely able to drag itself up to the door where it stopped and writhed in its death struggle. Our master laid his right hand on the little animal and fell in to a trance. For a time he remained thus. Suddenly the mongoose quivered, shook itself and ran away again, fresh and well. Now we had seen what powers our master commanded.

Your healing experiences made me think of this, too. On the one hand it is a nice little story that creates a classic picture of guru and disciple in India, and on the other, it is the part about the instinct of the mongoose drawing it to the source of healing power that made me think of you and your clients.

Best, yb.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  4:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogibear
Funny I should find your post just now.....
Yesterday I was visiting a friend of mine. This friend has a daughter. She has been very special since birth.....a very striking intellect in a very immature body. Not an easy combination. When she was about 6 years old she decided she was a vegetarian. Then she started reading buddhist books.....

Anyway.....she got anorexia at a young age. She - and her parents - pulled through (whith the help of great therapeuts), and is now doing very well. Yesterday......I spent time with her......talking and listening. The heart pull was very strong. Her mother said ....."this has never happened with anyone......for her to spend such a long time at the table....choosing to sit with us instead of going downstairs into her own world".

Anyway - the daughter suddenly asked me if she could come to visit me in my apartment on a more regular basis. To meditate and to talk (she has been meditating for years). Then she wanted to know "why don't you open up your practise again....when it is so clear to me that the light in you is something the world needs? Why do you not work with it?"

So I told her that it works. And that when it is time, people will come of their own accord. "How can you be so sure ?", she said, "when so many needs you; why do you settle for so few? It may take a million years for us to wake up..."

"Well", I said, "only those who are open and ready to receive will benefit anyway. And it is not I who decide. It is not about quantity. It is the quality that transforms. Also - I am being worked on. When I am ready, people will come"

"How can you be so sure?", she insisted again..

"Well....you came, didn't you? "

And her eyes smiled at that....

So....this girl will come to see me....I told her 45 min would be about enough (she is a very intense seeker....self-pacing is crucial here). We will meditate for a few minutes first....and then what comes may come

Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  08:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

Very funny. And an interesting parallel.

Its amazing to me how many people are waking up at an early age.

I look forward to when your type of healing occurs in my practice. I am not pure enough for this presently. My healings, if you want to call them that, are purely mechanical, i.e., I find the bone that is stuck and rehabilitate its motion. It is also energetic in that the fluid and nerve flow improve as a result and their health is improved but the entry point is the stuck bone.

And really all I am doing is locating an obstacle to the free flow of life force in their body and removing it. The life force does the repair.

I practice the Gonstead method. I don't know if you are familiar with it but I thought you might be as I read that you have utilized chiropractic in the past and you are a Norwegian.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  08:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, for the links, Steve. I will check them out.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  10:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steve,

Can you repost those links? I came back to get them and they were gone!

Thanks much, yb.

Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  12:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yb,

(Sorry, yogibear. Last nite, I had deleted and reposted several times from home on a not too reliable computer, really need to get a new one. Here's the post, did it from work this time.)

Have you heard about the book 'Matrix Energetics: The Science and Art of Transformation (Hardcover)' by Richard Bartlett, chiropractor. If not, the Amazon link is: http://www.amazon.com/Matrix-Energe...p/1582701636 .

And the Matrix Energetics website is http://www.matrixenergetics.com/ where seminar content is discussed.

There are several videos that can be viewed at http://www.matrixenergetics.com/Videos.aspx . The introduction video is rightmost one on the top row (13 min).

quote:
Matrix Energetics, The Science and Art of Transformation, provides an easily-reproducible, results-oriented process of change that draws on the fundamental principles embraced by the field of quantum physics. This paradigm-busting book can teach anyone how to access their creative power to heal and transform their lives. Dr. Richard Bartlett discovered that what he once thought about the human body was just the tip of the iceberg -- after seeing change beneath his hands, and hearing about the invisible transformations that were often revealed later -- he knew that he had to pass along what he had discovered.
I recently shared the book with some of my chiropractor friends. As a chiropractor, you might be interested in reading. This is not on the healing level that Katrine has shared with us but it is an interesting intermediary step forward to healing beyond many of the standard traditional practices used in chiropractic and alternative medicine today.

Katrine I love your sharings ... the beautiful, natural way they've evolved into being and the way you have shared them so simply straight from the heart. For me the key elements, that allow the type of healing you describe to occur are 1) a solid foundation of inner silence, 2) a continual offering of one's wholeself to Source, every part including our shadows, 3) a fully open and awakened heart that is 'in-love' with what is, the divine in all and 4) being an instrument for Source allowing the Love to flow-radiate-resonate in and through(out) one’s heart and whole Self without manipulation or trying to control it in anyway ... trusting, knowing and realizing that the Love always gives the best. It is so inspiring and uplifting to feel the Love in your posts. They too are healing and touch me deeply.

Katrine you have expressed it much simpler, better and sweeter ...

quote:
And now.....I am coming together. In order to heal, one must oneself be whole. Since it is never any partiality that "does" the healing. Healing cannot be done. It simply takes place. One can be a conduit for it.....a channel for the healing force.....but always as its servant; never as its....boss. If i am the boss.....then the outcome is not ...lasting. It can still be powerful.....but maybe not so transforming. Since it will not make people permanently independant.

And I have come to see that the only permanent healing is that of the heart. When symptoms occur......if these very symptoms will lead you to the opening of your heart – then nothing is wrong. Nothing needs fixing then. On the other hand; if you for some reason or other cannot progress through the symptoms; then the help of another (whos hart is open...and whos force is clean and strong and harmonious) will help you to grow. But not through the removal of the symptoms only. Something else must happen also (or else the healing won’t last): Your heart must be touched by it. As such – one touch can be enough for a very long time. The effect of it can last for a long time; if you listen and let yourself be transformed by it.

When our heart is touched and opened by the Love, all things are possible. Each and every moment of our lives our Source, our true Father-Mother, wants to give us the best. It's always been that way. Our open heart is the key. I am learning this lesson every day, albeit at a slower pace than some others, still surrendering the shadows, my will and ego, but none-the-less learning, enjoying and being grateful for the opportunity.

The Love of Source is not limited to healing those in the physical body. The Love works everywhere in all dimensions and beyond. I have experienced this with my family members my sister, mother and father after their passing. The type of healing of which you speak can reach and touch the souls of the departed, actually their hearts, helping them to let go of emotions, attachments, hurts and pains, to forgive and be open to better receive the direct Love and Blessings of Source and to let the Love work to help them in whatever way is best. My friends and other better instruments than myself helped me and my family in this regard. It was beautiful to verify the before and after effect on the souls of my family members. And now, even after time has passed, though their condition is fluid for they still have their own learning, lessons and choices, they are all much better off than before because their hearts are more open and better able to receive the Love.

Thank you both, yb and Katrine for your many beautiful sharings throughout the forum ... they are much appreciated.

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  07:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again, Steve. Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2008 :  09:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steve
Thank you so much for being so open and receptive to what these posts (including your own) are communicating:

The fact that we are all fed - and therefore exist - by the same source.

May you enjoy all of it
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000