AYP Helpers
 AYP is on Facebook
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  12:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
AYP is on Facebook. Here is a link to the Facebook Group that is administered by Nika Cyrus:

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=568...VM5BLGYAV5TV

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  5:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is such a great way to get more exposure for AYP. Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  11:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Suryakant... time for me to add this one too:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5962104790 br /

More the merrier. This one needs more participation and stuff in it to get the attention of other people I guess. Hope everyone participates in the groups and there's enough put there to draw the attention of newcomers. The best we can do is pass it on.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  10:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  5:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

I finally got something started on Facebook, in addition to the other two AYP Facebook pages that we know of (they are linked above and on the new Facebook page). If you know of others, do connect up the network.

See "the wall" here for some initial entries, and feel free to add on: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yogani/83306582904

The more the merrier. Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  5:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: I don't see where people can become "members." Does that happen automatically when someone posts on the wall, or did I make the wrong kind of Facebook membership and page?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  7:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

PS: I don't see where people can become "members." Does that happen automatically when someone posts on the wall, or did I make the wrong kind of Facebook membership and page?

Hi Yogani,

It looks like the page is not a Facebook Group, but an info page. Rather than join, people can become "Fans" of the page, much like they would for a band or TV show they like. When someone becomes a fan, the link is displayed in the "Pages" section after the "Groups" section on their profile.

Not sure what all the differences are between Groups and Pages, I think it's mostly personal preference. I've seen bands use both.

Hope this helps!

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  8:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Cosmic.

Do you think this will serve the purpose as it is currently set up? Anyone else have opinions about this? I am not very familiar with Facebook.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  8:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion is that you should set up a group instead of a page.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  10:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I agree with Carson that a group is probably better suited than a page. However, I don't think it necessarily has to be either/or. They both have their usefulness. It's just a question of how much you want to manage.

If you create a group, I would suggest including both "AYP" and "Advanced Yoga Practices" in the name of the group.

Examples:

AYP - Advanced Yoga Practices
Advanced Yoga Practices (AYP)

My reasoning is that the group named "Advanced Yoga Practices" did not come up in a search when I used "AYP" as a keyword.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  10:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Carson:

The other two AYP Facebook links mentioned above are groups. It isn't clear to me how to form a group, but I think an individual membership is needed first, which I do not have. I can't re-register with the same email address (preferred) without deleting the organizational membership and page just made today. Maybe I will play with it a bit before deciding whether or not to start over in another mode.

Here is the Facebook organizational page (same mode as the Yogani/AYP page made today), which shows members and many other features that might be useful for building into an AYP Facebook page over time:
http://www.facebook.com/facebook?ref=pf

We'd like to have their traffic. All in good time.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  11:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic:

We crossed posts. As mentioned, I'd like to mull it over a bit. Not opposed to having an AYP group on Facebook, but there are two there already by others. Of course, if/when I make one, it will be "official," and I can do much more with the content, like has been done on the restarted "official" AYP MySpace page, where lots of stuff has been added from the AYP website and Youtube: http://www.myspace.com/yogani

If a few of you add a couple of posts and memberships to the
new AYP Facebook page
, it will help us see what is going on with it.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  11:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: In terms of adding HTML code for inserts, Facebook looks pretty archaic compared to MySpace. Nevertheless, we'd like to have a good presence on both of these behemoth social networks. We have a good presence on Youtube already (another behemoth). In a few short months since we started there, we have risen to the top 1000 channels on Youtube for combined video views. That is way more than I was expecting. So, naturally, we are working to put AYP Youtube videos on MySpace, Facebook and anywhere else that makes sense from an online networking standpoint -- "viral videos."

Further networking suggestions are welcome. Better yet, post some of those AYP Youtube videos around yourself. It is not difficult. The most popular AYP videos are the ones on Tantra, naturally.

Speaking of which, the next radio interview on KKCR Hawaii will be on Tantra, coming up on Sunday, April 5th. More on that will be posted in the forums next week.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  11:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

If a few of you add a couple of posts and memberships to the
new AYP Facebook page
, it will help us see what is going on with it.

Cool, my post seems to have worked properly. Yogani, if you view the Info tab on my profile, you can see how you'll be displayed on users' pages.

I'm happy to assist you in any way I can, so please don't hesitate to ask.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  07:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Yogani,

i've become a fan of yours and you know me i already am but for the sake of the "guru is in you" notion i don't see it as fitting for you to open up a page like that where you have fans.

the ayp groups on facebook are already on, i think it would've served you right if you have opened up a personal profile that way people would become your friends not your fans.

just my 2 cents.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  10:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic:

Thanks (all) for putting some info on the Facebook page so I can see a bit of how things work. It seems one advantage of the organizational page mode is that you can split the "page wall" from "fan wall" so the promotional entries can remain as default, if desired.

Ananda, yes, I agree, the intention is not to create a "Yogani fan club." An "Advanced Yoga Practices (AYP)" fan club would be more appropriate. To change it will require deletion and restart. But before restarting, better decide whether to stay with the present mode or go to individual member and/or group mode.

I find Facebook to be pretty user unfriendly for newcomers, especially when it comes to setting things up, finding options, and even doing a simple search. I also find that the wall on the new page is not visible if not signed in. That is no good for non-member newcomers or search engines. There is probably a way to make a page public, but it isn't obvious how. We'll get there!

This Facebook page will probably be deleted soon for the reason mentioned above, so apologies to anyone who signs up there, and then finds it gone and reincarnated somewhere else with a new name. Such are the mysteries of life. That's why I do so much writing in so many places. That way, the information is less likely to get lost.

Cosmic, on helping out in general, if you plant a few seeds wherever you happen to be traveling, online or offline, that will be very good. There are a lot of ways to do it. Check the border menus of this website for the many resources available to share.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  11:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: I am attempting to change the name of the Facebook page from "Yogani" to "Advanced Yoga Practices (AYP)." They say it takes 24 hours for a name change to take effect. It is not clear that changing the name changes the publicly displayed name. We'll see. If the public name can't be changed, the page will be removed and replaced. If anyone knows how these things work, speak up!

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  11:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani....

The main difference, as far as I know, between a page and a group is that a page is usually made so that the "fans" can be sent "updates" from the page creator whenever something new is happening. With a group you have more posting options, and it doesn't do the "updates" thing. I personally find "updates" annoying and rarely join a "page". I much prefer to join a group because then I can choose my own level of involvement easier and I don't get hoards of annoying updates. Hope this helps a little.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  2:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

PS: I am attempting to change the name of the Facebook page from "Yogani" to "Advanced Yoga Practices (AYP)." They say it takes 24 hours for a name change to take effect. It is not clear that changing the name changes the publicly displayed name. We'll see. If the public name can't be changed, the page will be removed and replaced. If anyone knows how these things work, speak up!

Hi All:

The name change did not take effect, so the new AYP Facebook page was deleted yesterday. We will try again later. Thank you to those who helped test the new page by joining there.

In the meantime, we have two Facebook pages by others (linked above). The one with larger membership is linked in the left border of the website under "Communities," along with YouTube, MySpace, and other networking resources.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  8:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's pretty easy to get a new email - gmail is the best; yahoo etc.

Don't you want to be on twitter? i'm meditating now; now I'm doing SBP; now I'm moderating - Haha.
Just kidding.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  2:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Advanced yoga practices spanish facebook group.
(Grupo de practicas de yoga avanzadas en español en facebook):

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/...=85599403785

Join us! (Unete!)

Edited by - miguel on May 27 2009 3:37:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  02:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know if anyone will see this as it is an old topic, but I searched for a FB group and did not find one, or at least not one that appeared to be active.

I moderate the Astral Projectors group on Facebook, and we have 2300 members. It greatly accelerated my progress. It is a closed group too, so all posts are private except to members in the group.

Any chance of starting up a Facebook group for AYP again?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  10:44:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi technoyogi:

There is an AYP Facebook group with about 850 members: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?s...p_5568732835

It is typically pretty quiet there, with most of the support discussions occurring here in the main forum.

There is a link to it from the main AYP Facebook page, under "About - Long Description." Pretty well hidden. Here are all the AYP Facebook pages being maintained from here. (there may be additional international ones maintained by others):

AYP Main Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AYPYoga
Yogani's Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641948717
AYP Facebook Discussion Group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...p_5568732835

AYP Spanish Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prácticas-Avanzadas-de-Yoga-AYP/188945964522931
AYP Spanish Facebook Discussion Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/167979083296588

All of these are public, and are updated regularly with quotes, images and AYP lesson links (and sometimes video), as are Twitter and other social networks AYP is in. Here is a list of them: http://www.aypsite.org/networks.html

Thanks for asking, and all the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  3:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani, I asked to join and Tristan kindly approved me instantly!

I feel blessed to have found the resources you have put together both on this site and all of the audibooks and kindle books and PDFs. I have listened to all of the audiobooks at least once now, and started reading the Kindle version of Easy Lessons Volume 1. Then just yesterday I was wishing that I could have it as a PDF so that I could take handwritten notes then found that version you offer on this site! So now I plan to gradually go over it while taking notes like I would in a physical book.

For now I am mainly doing SBP and DM daily, just tried adding in brief Samyama now that I am about a month into these.

Over the last few years I was unsure of how my spiritual path would ever fit in with my day to day life, and your resources and writings have given me the tools to let them co-exist and develop at whatever pace they chose to. Already so much has happened in this short month, I am trying not to get too excited.

Speaking of which I think I could go on an on here, yet for now will just reiterate my thanks and gratitude!

Edited by - technoyogi on Mar 07 2015 3:10:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  3:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by technoyogi

Thank you Yogani, I asked to join and Tristan kindly approved me instantly!

I feel blessed to have found the resources you have put together both on this site and all of the audibooks and kindle books and PDFs. I have listened to all of the audiobooks at least once now, and started reading the Kindle version of Easy Lessons Volume 1. Then just yesterday I was wishing that I could have it as a PDF so that I could take handwritten notes then found that version you offer on this site! So now I plan to gradually go over it while taking notes like I would in a physical book.

For now I am mainly doing SBP and DM daily, just tried adding in brief Samyama now that I am about a month into these.

Over the last few years I was unsure of how my spiritual path would ever fit in with my day to day life, and your resources and writings have given me the tools to let them co-exist and develop at whatever pace they chose to. Already so much has happened in this short month, I am trying not to get too excited.

Speaking of which I think I could go on an on here, yet for now will just reiterate my thanks and gratitude!

Very happy to hear you are finding the AYP resources helpful on your path.

Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  7:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Over the last few years I was unsure of how my spiritual path would ever fit in with my day to day life, and your resources and writings have given me the tools to let them co-exist and develop at whatever pace they chose to.

This exactly is why I am here!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000