AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Off-Pillow/Daily Life Practices/Attitudes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crouch55

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  12:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit crouch55's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
To All:
Is there anything in the lessons or forums on practices/attitudes/thoughts we can do or hold during our daily routines (while not meditating) that will be helpful in our spiritual growth? For example, many spiritual paths promote thinking your mantra during the day or imagining the presence of the guru.
Thanks,
Crouch55

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  1:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cultivating the feelings of love, compassion, relaxation, bliss, etc...is very beneficial. Engaging the world and grounding is also equally as great.
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  8:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome crouch55! i think the more integrated and aligned our life becomes the more connected we feel spiritually (for me anyhow). i feel the more i can surrender outcomes and rather focus on the integrity of the processes in my life the more spiritually connected i am. i feel that chasing after outcomes often has me living out of alignment and integrity. when i mean integrated and aligned for me it means: what type of people do i choose to have in my life, how am i finding balance between career and personal life, how can all these different things: sadhana, work, home life, food, self-care, money, friends, etc. all be channeled to serve God/Divine/Higher Self? ......that's actually really all i want: to live a life where all the aspects of my life can be just ways to connect and serve God. so thanks for your question crouch55, it helped me get some perspective too! blessings to you!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  12:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Crouch. Have you tried Mindfulness practice? It's a common practice in Buddhism, Zen, Taoism, and others. This is something you can do all day long, and I find it very compatible with AYP.

If you'd like to try it, I recommend:

The Miracle of Mindfulness
by Thich Nhat Hanh

Beginning Mindfulness
by Andrew Weiss

And even:

The Power of Now
by Eckhart Tolle

Or browse the Buddhist/Eastern Thought section of your local bookstore and find something that resonates with you.

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  10:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  12:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mindfulness is THE number one karma technique to help integrate yoga into daily activity--just try to allow your moment by moment awareness to seep into the mindless daily things--like breathing, or, especially, the sound and feel of your footsteps as you walk, anywhere, anytime. Being mindful of the ordinary moments of our life is what ultimately takes us from duality into unity...

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  3:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by crouch55

To All:
Is there anything in the lessons or forums on practices/attitudes/thoughts we can do or hold during our daily routines (while not meditating) that will be helpful in our spiritual growth? For example, many spiritual paths promote thinking your mantra during the day or imagining the presence of the guru.
Thanks,
Crouch55

Remember God as often as possible - a simple and surprisingly powerful spiritual practice. Use your creativity to fill yourself and surround yourself with reminders of God: mental repetition of a name of God, holy pictures within your visual field, spiritual music playing on earphones or quietly in the background - use all means available to immerse yourself in non-stop ongoing remembrance of God.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000