AYP Helpers
 AYP on the farm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  12:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani,
The farm I work at is available as a retreat space for guests.
I have an idea that I would like to print out basic deep meditation instructions and laminate them on a single page, front and back.
I would then make several of them available to guests who would like to learn meditation.
If the guests have further questions, they can read into a set of AYP books.
I already have the big AYP book, Deep Meditation, Spinal Breathing Pranayama, and Tantra. That's all that is necessary for now.

Yogani, I need your permission to do this and perhaps some suggestions on what would be good to include on a single laminated page (front and back).

I started this thread on the public forum in order to save you from one less e-mail and also to share this with anyone else who might like to do something similar. Reply to me in whatever way you wish, on the forum or through e-mail.

Thank you.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  2:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter:

It sounds very good. Feel free to copy any AYP instructions as you see fit. The Deep Meditation PDF eBook (direct download version) can be printed from as desired. Drop me an email and I'll send you one if you don't have it already. Of course, the physical Deep Meditation book is pretty compact, so that could also work very well to help people get started. Your choice.

Btw, the MySpace AYP page you started way back when is still going strong. We see new visitors coming from there regularly. Thanks much for that.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  3:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hunter, a few AYP practitioners have pitched in to buy a slew of the Enlightenment Series books. If you'd like, copies of the Meditation book can be sent to you to offer in guest rooms. If interested, drop a line to: aypbooks@gmail.com .

You can see more info on the book buying/distributing program at http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3326
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  09:10:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter:

It should also be mentioned that for those who are established and stable in twice-daily deep meditation, retreat schedules are available here (see top of topic list) for engaging in more than two meditation sessions per day. It is not recommended to undertake more than two sittings per day except in retreat mode while following a structured schedule like the ones linked here.

Maybe some established meditators will want to come to the farm. There are plenty of them in California.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Juliet

43 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  2:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Juliet's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hunter,

Are you suggesting a group retreat? Or sequential solo retreats?

Where is your farm, Northern or Southern Cal?

Please post more detail. Maybe we could organize something.

I'm in Berkeley.

Juliet
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  4:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,
Thanks for telling me about the books, it would be great to give those away to guests. I will follow up on this in the coming weeks.

Yogani,
Thank you for the go ahead and suggestions.

Juliet,
This is the initial idea: Meditation will not be the central subject of their stay. It will be a part of their stay and not the reason for their stay. While guests stay on the farm I want them to have the resources to teach themselves meditation, if that is what they desire to learn. Instead of organizing a meditation retreat, I would like guests to perform the usual twice-daily meditation and then get up and hike, help us farm, go to the ocean, or learn to dance from me once I have completed my duties for the day.

I would like guests to be as independent as possible, mainly because I will be busy with the daily farm work.
A basic set of AYP books will be made available for guests to read at their leisure, which will answer all of their major questions.

The farm is located about 20 miles north of Santa Cruz, CA off of Highway 1. Here is the website: http://www.greenoakscreek.com/

Juliet and all,
Please feel free to give feedback about all of this.
If you have some ideas you would like to share with me, just send an e-mail.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  4:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is important to mention that guests will not be charged extra to receive these AYP meditation instructions.
Guests will continue to pay the usual cost of a nightly or day stay at the farm.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  4:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter
Thanks for telling me about the books, it would be great to give those away to guests. I will follow up on this in the coming weeks.

Unfortunately, there are not enough books in this program to provide a large stack of giveaways for your operation.

quote:
A basic set of AYP books will be made available for guests to read at their leisure, which will answer all of their major questions..

This would be something we could help with, and it would allow each donated book to reach the widest number of eyes.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  5:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

quote:

Unfortunately, there are not enough books in this program to provide a large stack of giveaways for your operation.

How many visitors do you get on an average?

quote:
quote:
A basic set of AYP books will be made available for guests to read at their leisure, which will answer all of their major questions..

This would be something we could help with, and it would allow each donated book to reach the widest number of eyes.

Yes, we could provide a couple of sets for you to circulate among the people who attend the retreat.

Great idea Hunter.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  6:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I am going to purchase the books myself. I don't intend anyone else to take on the cost.
I will probably direct most people to visit the official AYP site and to purchase the books themselves, if they want; and then give out a few books for free to people here and there.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  7:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter:

If you are going to buy 5 or more books (mixing any titles), you can probably save money using the quantity discount: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1248

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  7:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

How many visitors do you get on an average?

In short, the farm gets very few retreat guests. For 2007, there were less than 10.

Our very large groups came in for weddings, large farm tours, solstice and equinox parties, etc..

But this is going to change because I am going to start advertising for the farm this year in widely circulated holistic health magazines in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  07:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter
If there are a few AYPer's in your area, as Yogani indicates. Perhaps you could organise an afternoon get together including a group meditation.

You could put a call out on the forum and see where it goes from there, just a suggestion.
Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Bill

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  12:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in the Sacramento area. I would be up for that kind of get together. Possibly a mini retreat for myself someday.
Go to Top of Page

Juliet

43 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  4:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Juliet's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter,

Wow... are you near Phipps? We were just out there for berry picking last summer, you're really close.

Maybe the first step would be to organize a day trip. Is there a kid-friendly option for a day trip to check it out?

Juliet
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  4:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Juliet and all who are interested,

AYP at Green Oaks Creek Farm will no longer be taking place, at least through me; please do visit the farm though if you are in the area for a personal retreat.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000