New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  4:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be happy to do something like this for Ireland but there doesn't appear to be many on the forum from here.

Another suggestion could be to offer the books to these people at the discounted rate instead of free.
This might suit some people better and might ease the burden, on Jim's mind, of the guy in the Lexus driving around reading a freebie.

Freebies could then also be an option.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  5:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Another suggestion could be to offer the books to these people at the discounted rate instead of free.
This might suit some people better and might ease the burden, on Jim's mind, of the guy in the Lexus driving around reading a freebie.

Freebies could then also be an option.

Yep.. or make some donation to Yogani directly using paypal.. or maybe later down the road buy a few books and donate to this book giveaway program.. or.. just spread the word around.. or when done reading, pass it to someone who you think can use it.. or.. ???

...the options are endless.

Thank you all.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  3:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

Chiming in late here, if you let me know who is interested I will likely just ship directly to them via Amazon. Just let me know when my turn comes up and who the recipient is if they haven't made themselves public with their request.

thanks,

A
Go to Top of Page

jupiter

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  11:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit jupiter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Getting AYP books into libraries

Great to read about the book distribution efforts... As I think about this, it seems to me that getting AYP books into libraries would be beneficial and impactful.

Many libraries look for patrons to suggest what books they should purchase and stock. For instance, here is one library where you submit a purchase request online (http://snipurl.com/22ye0 ).

Put in a word at your local city/county/university library to purchase AYP books.

Additionally, for libraries that are interested in stocking AYP books but short of funds, we can pitch in using the stockpile of books that generous folks on this forum have already collected. I am happy to jump in and contribute towards this effort as well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000