AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 other related practises
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  12:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Spianl breathing seems to bob the energy, great for tantra if one can build the bobbing pressure.

the "turning of the water wheel" i believe being a toest method, goes down the front of the body, and back up. if done right it makes the energy of erection flow backwards, so that sexual feelings and the such, also flow back. only problem ive noticed with this technique is it dosnt work especially good for tantra, and it seems to bring a heat up the back.

their is another technique called the circulation of light, it has to do with listining, while breathing, in order to bring the energy to the ears. i believe this directly cooridinates with mm tantra and the such, and may have to do with assimilating the heart.

given all this, i still think spinal breathing is best for tantra, and if one can build pressure, one simply has to breath down, and lightly out and the sexual center, and back up, in order to vibrate the energy.
it also worked for bringing the energy to the ears, one just has to listin.

anyone tried these practises?
ill update here, as their the ones im using.

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  2:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have two differintials experiances of spinal breathing.

head aches seem to be due to pressure not being brought down.

having a circulating flow, ie up the back, and down the front leads to easy chastity and no night emissions.

when their is no strong flow, i dont seem to be able to build pressure for spinal breathing. that is, i can do it consistantly all i want, but no pressure builds, making tantra, and simple spinal breathing a pain.

BUT! if i do the circulation, till i have light medium streangth in circulation. think of a wheel that gains thickness as it turns. then i take one side and bob it, ie spinal breathing.

this seems to build pressure, and makes spinal breathing easy. if too much pressure is bobbing, i release it by "turning the wheel agian.

though i am currently rebuilding the circulation..agian, lol. in order to find a prime method to start it.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  9:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
im not sure, but i feel breathing in suctions, should be made by the nose. the throat lock being the perfected form of having pressure, but no accumulating pressure in the nose nor head. ie pressure, but silent threw the nose. breathing using the expanding od the diaphram dosnt seem to be the way. ie dont expand the diphram to breath, but breath in the nose to expan the diaphram. was having trouble being able to move the flow in the way i wanted. this has been my main problem for a while. haha childish but formidable if your in that rut.

BUT Another question.

the throat lock, ive heard theirs two creatures, lol two sounds.
while like a roaring lion, and one like a hissing snake, whats the difference? and should it be done on inhail and exhale? or one and not the other?
Go to Top of Page

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  12:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't practice regularly...on and off due to hectic work schedule :(

Currently I am practising brahmacharya (for last 3 months or so with couple of night emissions during this period). I have started practising SB (20 mins) with mulabanda and sambavi, Meditation (20 mins) and samyama (20 mins) again after a long break. its going good.

Quite a few qns:

(1) I have started making animal sounds (lion?) and other creature sounds during meditation or Samyama....is it do with purification at the throat chakra?

(2) I have also read (Carlos Castansa's book) that making certain creature sounds help relaxing or grounding? anyone knows any such particular sounds that help relaxing / grounding?

(3) I would like to suppress the sexual urges (mental) and continue my brahmacharya...would the back-up and front-down approach (with SB) help with this? what are other methods that help suppressing sexual thoughts urges?

(4) how to practise front-down approach? ie...how do you traverse down on the front and what is the exact route?

(5) how much does bramhacharya help the SB, meditation and samyama practices?

Cheers !

Edited by - sushman on Dec 15 2007 1:50:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  1:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Avatar,

quote:
the "turning of the water wheel" i believe being a toest method, goes down the front of the body, and back up. if done right it makes the energy of erection flow backwards, so that sexual feelings and the such, also flow back. only problem ive noticed with this technique is it dosnt work especially good for tantra, and it seems to bring a heat up the back.

I have been exploring this for the last couple of years, although there's lots more experimenting to still be done, I have observed some phenomena that have presented themselves consistently in my tantra experiences. I think it is important to note that every individual is unique and will experience things unique to their own patterns of purification. Having said this, I have also found spinal breathing (in both directions) to be very effective in circulating energy backwards/ then upwards during tantric practices.

I have also experimented with energy coming down the front channel and definitely observed a flow of energy as referenced in the "turning of the water wheel" description. I have also noted an amplification in orgasmic waves from going up and down the spinal nerve. Because I am interested in staying with one method of practices (AYP) in order to fully benefit from them, I tend to stick with the spinal breathing during tantra, although I do recognize the Taoists methods have value.

The Taoists often talk about the center chanel, I believe this is a sensation that occurs when the front channel and chakras open in response to the flow of energy in the spinal nerve. I have had this experience, but it's still early in the game for me to conclude that the center channel is a function of this phenomena and not a pathway of its own.

In keeping with the foundation of practices laid out in the AYP lessons, I have observed that bringing the attention to the heart center and third eye center have an intensifying affect on the flow of tantric sensations in the body. Simultaneously being aware of root and third eye will do the same. I have observed that the AYP recommendations to go to third eye rather than the crown during tantra practices is something I am very respectful of, having experienced overloads in the past from loitering at the crown for too long with my attention

The biggest amplification in energy in my experience also comes from breath retention both at the top and the bottom of the breath. I think holding breath at the end of exhalation is straining on the lungs and should in general be avoided. Bringing the eyes to samhavi with breath retention during tantra practices is a powerful tool to circulate energy, but people should be careful and be aware that overload and excessive purification can result from doing any of the above.

Explore carefully!
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  2:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Quite a few qns:

(1) I have started making animal sounds (lion?) and other creature sounds during meditation or Samyama....is it do with purification at the throat chakra?

Hi Sushman,

Sounds can come up and so can "automatic yoga" during sitting practices. It is important to remember to bring your attention back to the practices at hand. If you find excessive purification is taking place and you feel unstable outside of practices, it may be an indication that you need to "self pace".

quote:
(2) I have also read (Carlos Castansa's book) that making certain creature sounds help relaxing or grounding? anyone knows any such particular sounds that help relaxing / grounding?

No experience here, sorry.
quote:
(3) I would like to suppress the sexual urges (mental) and continue my brahmacharya...would the back-up and front-down approach (with SB) help with this? what are other methods that help suppressing sexual thoughts urges?

I would suggest that suppressing sexual urges (or any thoughts for that matter) is a lot like trying to squeeze the air out of a semi-inflated balloon by grabbing one end of it, the air simply jumps to the other side. I have found accepting the thoughts and then bringing the attention to the task at hand (in your case brahmacharya) to be a far more effective way to achieve desired results.
quote:
(4) how to practise front-down approach? ie...how do you traverse down on the front and what is the exact route?

The "Multi-orgasmic Man" by Mantak Chia and Douglas Abrams has descriptions of these practices. For the record, following the AYP Tantra lessons (hit tab above) will yield the same results in time.
quote:
(5) how much does bramhacharya help the SB, meditation and samyama practices?

Retaining energy from avoiding ejaculation will definitely keep energy levels higher and intensify the upward push and flow of the inner energies making all practices more effective.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  7:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well i havnt masterd my own art yet, so i can only so so much, so keep in mind uhhh some skepisicm.
This is a mixing of practises, remember Ayps technioques work, so dont loose foundation.
i once heard, he who practises pranayama consistianly, drys up all the suklam.

ya, if you dont feel the sexual urg, you wont have the impulse to think it. though it may seem gone, impulses can be very subtle, so when you think it, and you cant feel it. good stuff.

I like ayps practises becouse they are effective. it seems gross sexual fluids are brought up the channels, and then subliminated, orrrr assimilated? later on using pranayama.

If your foundation is spinal breathing, the circulation can help with staying chast. pressure is built in the spinal muscles.
the turning if the water wheel, as im ganna call it now on, can aid spinal breathing, but spinal breathing dosnt seem to aid the circulation method. as i believe this method is more based around sublimination of sexual fluid with heat in the midst of tantra,rather than bringing it up.

the the circulation can aid spinal breathing with its chastity.
the problems ive had with it, are me trying to breath up, and it going the opposite direction. in this remember to breath in the body, ie the skin, mmm the muscle are were the pressure is, so breath their... Balance.

to breath down the front, you do just that, pull the stomch back, and breath down, move the breath. like diaphram breathing. I also use pressure from my toung, i bring it down the front of the body and follow it with my breath.

personally, i exhail down, 1 motion, but on inhailation, i inhail from the below, as if their was a moon under my feet, then for the other half of my breath, i ihail above as if their was a sun above and behind my head.
this just has to do with moving awanress, mmm these thing dont have to be imagined nor anything,i simply move awarness like this to change the push n pull of breath, and doing it this way seems to solve my problem of breathing up the back of my chest.
I use the full breath when doing this, ie i breath in my bellow, then raise it up to my chest, full inhail and exhail.

Ive heard of mantak chia, never read anything of his cept his breathing technique, witch seemed backwords. in regard to inahiling when pulling the stomech in.
umm, the only probly i have with Ayp practises, is it seeeems their is no heat. and its hard to keep chast, personally. but i merely came apone other practises first, so im incorporating things from both. heat is what matures mercury, so it seems, it releases the energy from it. ayp dosnt seem to deal with the heat in the midsts.
OH i almost forgot, if you listin while doing spinal breathing, listin to the inner sound, you can stimulate it just by breathing and listining, but not listining to breathing. this seems to have potential for bringing the true heat up during tantra. ! llol

the middle channel seems to be the real sensitive spot in the front and back, but i think we always notice the sides of this spot.its almost as if its not their.

Spinal breathing, if you have pressure, and your bouncing it easily, simply but the pressure slight out, or near the exite of the sexual organ, and bring it back in, vibrating life force being outflowing life force, your just hittin the buttin like ah bunji jumper, ive found this very good for gettin the vibrations to go.

Go to Top of Page

paw

52 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2008 :  6:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit paw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For myself, when I started with AYP, I used to "feel" for the pressure you refer to in SB. But now I feel better when I "pull" the energy and the attention up from the root, creating a kind of "energy suction" feeling, by using the tongue tip in khechari to restrict the inhale to a tiny stream while traversing the spine with the attention. Works for exhale too, but without the suction feeling, instead a downward pressure. The direction of the diaphragm action mediates this. If there is any "sticking", pausing or wandering during the traverse, decreasing or halting the breath stream allows fine tuning. Seems to work well for me.

The tongue tip placed on the septum can regulate the air stream for inhale and exhale quite effectively. Helps to link and unify the attention and breath/energy movement.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  02:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the septum? kecheri mudra deals with behind the uvula ya? if im not mistaken.

I must say, i do find mantak chias work of help. i started reading his stuff.

though! Ive also found the fire seems to be seated in the genitals, whitch for along time i avoided. make sure the energy goes up the spine, not up the abdomon, trust me.

BUT! i want to know, how is ayp at assimilating the energy? the redness?? i appears, but does it stay afterwards? ie you lead on your knees, or fold your hands, somone slaps you, and redness appears. now is more appearing more easily? like the body becoming a plush cusion?

personally i cant wait to be able to do kecheri mudra.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  3:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ive come to the conclusion, that the microcosmic orbit, if sufficiantly preformed, is the way to hermetically seal the vessal, or attain easy chastity, or much less hornyness. and within a week coming from the other extreme.

though! spinal breathing works much better during tantra for bringing energy up the body. so im ganna do the microcosmic orbit, then spinal breathing once i feel my hold is sufficiant, since strong microcosmic orbit, causes a pressure when preforming spinal breathing, that makes it much more effeciant in itself. when their is too much pressure bouncing up and down the spine, ill bring it to the third eye and then down the body, ie doing the microcosmic orbit, so one is not entierly sacrificed for the other method. the blackening of the pecker ive experiance i believe has to do with sexual energy/fluid or that feeling of energy in the dan tian. its not black, but a darkening, as if you had red, and darkened it, just as their is a lighter brialliant red mixed in, but! the darkening becomes deeper the more i store this energy. and is more promonant the 3 times a hatha yoga books says the sushuma is open. sunrise ,sunset,midday, and midnight i believe it was. oh yes, other positive of spinal breathing, much easyer to stimulate outflowing life force rather than microcosmic orbit. though spinal breathing i dont feel works well for chastity.

though i do believe your method yogini is missing a piece, or i have not seen it. heat, makes the body red, internal heat, when proper, makes the body red, and if im right stronger, but the fire has to be assimilated, whitch may be able to be done threw pranayama. ie the body assimilates heat, untill inner body heat is stronger than outer heats of many types.

hatha yoga pradipika byswami muktibodhananda
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  6:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ive been doing the microcosmic orbit now.

in itself, its a very un-specified, or un refined technqiue.
circulating pressure around the, while incorporating breathing as the same muscle are used, is easyer said than done.

if you do a practise, and the results change, then you dont have steady practise. if you do a push up a different way each time, you dont have a sufficiant way to do push ups.

the chinese say they are water method, but they are in fact fire method.
the indie people say they are fire, but if i take ayp into account, they are water method. that is saying micrososmic orbit is chinese method, and spinal breathing is hindu.

both aim to cultivate life, but chinese go threw the fire path befor finding the spirit i believe. fire being another side of the spirit.

more to come...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000