Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 spinal breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  02:46:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The other day I found myself tracing the spinal nerve by seeking it as a vein of pleasure. It made it really easy to keep focused but then I stopped because I didn't know if this was advisable. Any advice? Doing things "right" has always been a problem for me and I actually end up making things have a more unpleasant feeling than I am usually aware of.

Thanks,
Jill

PS By the way, I also found at a different time that it helped to notice the mantra had a pleasurable quality too.

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  3:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The other day I found myself tracing the spinal nerve by seeking it as a vein of pleasure. It made it really easy to keep focused but then I stopped because I didn't know if this was advisable. Any advic

Sounds good to me jillatay tracing the spinal nerve can be very pleasurable... in fact it should be so it sounds like you are doing things just right

Edited by - Richard on Oct 25 2007 3:30:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  09:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jillatay

The other day I found myself tracing the spinal nerve by seeking it as a vein of pleasure. It made it really easy to keep focused but then I stopped because I didn't know if this was advisable.

Hi Jill, as long as your focus is on the spine and the breathing and not on the pleasure, you are doing fine. The only reason I can think of not doing this is if it is distracting.. in that case you are diluting the effects of Spinal breathing.
quote:
Originally posted by jillatay

PS By the way, I also found at a different time that it helped to notice the mantra had a pleasurable quality too.

Same goes with the mantra. If the feelings are distracting, taking you away from the mantra, we let the feelings drop and slowly move back to the mantra. If the feelings are not distracting.. are just there.. and you are still with your mantra.. I see no problems with it.

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 26 2007 09:32:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000