Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Heat + Water = Ssssssspontaneous bandhas?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  01:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I took a long very very hot bath tonight. Something I haven't done in quite a while as I usually only use the shower. But to me hot baths are very purifying and relaxing. I really love hot water, and I wanted to relax in the tub. But..as soon as my tummy hit that heat I began to have a few spontaneous uddiyana bandhas, without the breath expulsion, and I also had a bit of asvini mudra as well.
Then I recalled that as a child I would often get uddiyana bandha after swimming! I would get out of the pool and lie down on my towel on the hot ground or concrete and get those little belly orgasms.
As I said it had been a long time since I had taken a hot bath vs shower and so this had not come to mind. I have been experiencing spontaneous uddiyana with breath expulsion (usually while going to sleep at night or during sleep) for about 3(?) years now. Sometimes it comes in meditation too.
So I'm trying to make a connection here. What's the deal with hot water and automatic yoga? Or is it just the heat? Or the water and the heat together? If it's just the heat and relaxation, then why wouldn't it happen while lying relaxed on a very hot day? I live in the southwest. It gets blessed hot here in the summer. Doesn't bring on automatic yoga. No, I don't think it's just the heat.
Of course the bandhas I experience while in meditation or during sleep don't have any connection with heat or water. I quite understand how my body is primed for it due to my practices and the prana running around my body. I just don't get why it should come on in the tub.
Any ideas?

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  09:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LittleTurtle

So I'm trying to make a connection here. What's the deal with hot water and automatic yoga? Or is it just the heat? Or the water and the heat together? If it's just the heat and relaxation, then why wouldn't it happen while lying relaxed on a very hot day? ...
Any ideas?

Hi Little Turtle,

Congratulations on your automatic uddiyana banda. About your question on what conditions make for automatic yoga, I'll share a bit of my story. When my automatic yoga started, the weather was warm and that helped relax me. I would come home from work, shower, then take an afternoon nap. Mine started when I awoke from the nap. I was rested, clean from the shower and, as a result of working physically, exercised. For the first while, it only happened under those conditions. Then, it became more a part of me and I could go into automatic yoga whenever I wanted, provided I was relaxed and in solitude.

Automatic yoga helped me understand "witness consciousness" because a part of me was observing, nonanxiously, as my body moved automatically in a way that both reflected ecstatic conductivity and enhanced it. The saying "the guru is in you" fits trusting that process.

Of course, steady growth is promoted best by regular practice of ones twice daily meditation routine. Best wishes as your enjoyable process continues.

Edited by - bewell on Oct 22 2007 10:04:13 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000