Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Phases of the Moon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enlightenmealready

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  07:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ashtanga yoga seems to indicate that one should not do the Ashtanga asanas on certain days of the lunar cycle. I've never actually had it explained however, with the exception of simply being told not to do it.

What is the basis of this "practice" and does AYP observe anything similar. If it does, I guess I have yet to read that far along.

Thanks as always,

EMA

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  1:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have never read anything from Yogani dealing with astrological phenomena.
Go to Top of Page

enlightenmealready

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  12:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found an answer with regard to ashtanga practice. See http://www.ashtangayogacenter.com/moon.html

I'll simply assume that ayp does not subscribe to this philosophy.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  1:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMA:

If you check "astrology/jyotish" in the topic index, you will find a few lessons that touch on this subject.

While "macro astrology" has some value for inspiring daily practices, either to go with the flow or to oppose it (like a salmon swimming upstream ), I have found the utilization of "micro astrology" to present unnecessary obstacles to the natural flow of bhakti, practices, divine energy and spiritual progress, which are largely beyond celestial influences and are best not over-regulated.

By "micro astrology," I mean any sort of prediction or direction that will impose on our natural tendency to evolve in our daily practices and activities -- like what time of day to practice, which way to face, which door to use in our house, whether we ought to go out at all today, etc. It is very easy to get loaded down with such things to the point of distraction in practices, and in life.

Just some food for thought.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000