AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 Disturbing experiences
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

atena

113 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  03:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit atena's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last night I had a disturbing experience while sleeping.

I heard a quite loud beeping sound and saw a flash of light. I woke up immediately. I couldn't sleep after that.

Everytime, my mind was relaxed enough (I was almost a sleep). I heard a loud, Some kind of inner pressure -like sound.
Disturbing.

I guess it is time to self-pace...

Do you get used to experiences like these?
Do these experiences go away eventually?
any suggestions?

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  08:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by atena

Last night I had a disturbing experience while sleeping.

I heard a quite loud beeping sound and saw a flash of light. I woke up immediately. I couldn't sleep after that.

Everytime, my mind was relaxed enough (I was almost a sleep). I heard a loud, Some kind of inner pressure -like sound.
Disturbing.

I guess it is time to self-pace...

Do you get used to experiences like these?
Do these experiences go away eventually?
any suggestions?

Hi Atena

I had similar and more disturbing experiences. I used to be jolted out of sleep and i would see dangerous insects crawling as images projected from my third eye. The images would disappear in a second or two. The best way to deal with these experiences is to IGNORE them and do not give them any power over us. Believe me or not this works effectively. In the next few days the experience should fade away. If anything haunts us, it is us (absolute self) giving it power to haunt.
Stop expecting for experiences. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Edited by - ajna on Sep 13 2007 08:58:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  2:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've experienced a fair bit of sleep paralysis in the past, and when I first started to practice putting my body fully asleep there were some strange nights. I recall a one or two small beats the sounded like a cpu breaking down or an old atari video game sound bite.

One of the most surreal experiences was when I was laying in bed falling into stillness at night. I suddenly heard the loudest and most physically shocking thunder, like there was a room with just me and the thunder in it. In this state I thought, everything is god, don't be afraid. Still, after an even louder sounds or reverberations I woke up.

There is occasionally thinking while dreaming or asleep, as in you are thinking without realizing you are asleep. As far as you think, you are still awake. Like having a daydream during an actual dream.

Sometimes there is a presence at night without any images or forms. A lightening fast thought, about something. I'm not sure what. But there is sometimes a very strong awakeness, but without an orientation that makes sense to the waking mind. Perhaps this is an OBE, but it is fairly meaningless to my mind without forms. It is too rare to pay much attention to.

While these experiences are alarming at first, because it is new territory and the mind loves to expect unrealistic freak occurrences like being divorced from your body unable to return. But over time they actually just become fun parts of the constantly transitioning flow into deeper, focused states of consciousness.

I think it is good to come online and share, and get some perspective on everything that is going on. Usually we are all experiencing the same stuff at one point or another. Fear has a way of turning neutral symbols into repulsive negatives. Try to view everything in the eye's of love, and experiences will become less like disturbing attacks and more like opportunities for expanding one's consciousness.

Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  4:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've twice had the experience of a very loud explosion in my head. Nothing happened as a result but it was shocking at the time. Now I figure it was just a big purification all at once.

As far as disturbing dreams, I have a suggestion. Our minds tend to shy away from unpleasant things but if, after the initial shock wears off, try to describe the dickens out of the entire experience, encompassing all five senses. for instance what colors, sizes, temperatures, sounds, etc. were there. Was the incident coming from left or right, up or down? Sometimes real insights can be gleaned.

The other night I had a disturbing dream about a LOT of crows cawing and swarming. I was frightened by the whole dream sequence. Later I realized it was a premonition and I don't particularly like premonitions. But it really helps to write it down or tape it on a recorder for future investigation.

Best wishes for a peaceful night,
Jill
Go to Top of Page

atena

113 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  01:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit atena's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys for your responses, lots of good points here.

Kyman, yeah I agree with you about the sharing. It is nice to know that other people have encountered similar things and got over them. Knowing that boosts the confidence and introduces you to new, useful ideas.

I had similar experience Last night, Kyman.
I thought I was awake but later discovering I was a sleep, trapped in dream (only thinking being awake) and trying to get out or something.
In that dream I was somewhat afraid, but not to the extreme.

Edited by - atena on Sep 14 2007 01:54:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  1:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fortunately, the experience of fear with these states of consciousness goes away fairly quickly.

These experiences, states, symptoms, or whatever they might be, seem to happen a lot in the beginning when our glimpse of bliss makes us hyper vigilant to the body and mind. At first we are captivated, and our invigorated focus probably leads us into certain states. But soon the path of Yoga becomes very clear and we refocus our attention with the intelligence gathered.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000